Insurance - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 12:46 AM

Insurance

I've been searching the site but don't see a thread on insuring an RC51. I just got done looking at an 05 today if I could have got a good quote from my insurance company I would have rode it home. I currently insure a 98 vfr with state farm for $310yr. I couldn't get a quote from them today but I did get one at geico and bike line both were in the 1300-1400 range, progressive wanted 2200. Curious what others are paying, I"m 38 no tickets but live in VA which can have higher rates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 12:54 AM

Re: Insurance (rc74racer)

Stick with State Farm. I'll bet your rates barley go up.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 12:55 AM

I'm 21 no tickets and I'm paying 1200 a year through njrider.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 12:57 AM

Re: Insurance (MNwilly)

I sure hope they don't go up much I would have rode away today if I hadn't been spooked by the other quotes.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 04:52 AM

65.00 a month, full coverage with State Farm.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 01:47 PM

Re: (Steve954RR)

I am stationed in germany right now where the rates are typically high on everything. I go through usaa on my bike and truck, I have full coverage and my insurance is only 73 a month. I am 25 no accidents no tickets. You might give them a call or their website is usaa.com
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 05:05 PM

Re: Insurance (rc74racer)

$19.78 a month full coverage, have a few tickets on my record. Have multiple car and home insured through them that all help to get the lower rate.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Re: Insurance (hoffia)

Several of you have used the term "full coverage". Just wondering, what do consider "full coverage" because there really is no such animal.

RCnJax
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Re: Insurance (RCnJax)

Since "you" seem to know what "full coverrage" is and we don't...please tell us!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:49 PM

less than 600 pr year with state farm,
55 and three bikes, a new truck now a house.
100/300 500 ded on collision ,50 on all other.
Geico wanted 1800.
state farm has the best rates
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 02:13 AM

Full coverage = If it gets stolen, they pay, if a idiot runs me over without insurance, they pay, if I am the idiot and run into something bad, they pay. Oh, they pay plus my mods.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 05:11 AM

State farm will probably be the lowest. In Indiana they require you to have another vehicle with them, so you might have to switch that before you ride that baby home.

But my experience falls with everyone else: SF was way lower. like 10x lower than what Geico wanted. That gecco can suck my dick.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 01:33 PM

Re: (sekelaam)

I have state farm now I was just stupid on Friday when I was calling around for RC prices I never called my insurance company to get a quote. I went online at the dealer, saw the prices of other companies and decided to wait until Tuesday when my state farm agent can give me a quote. I'll probably end up saving another 200 or 300 on the bike because of this too. I'll be bouncing the 11k OTD price to another dealer closer to my house I'm sure he'll come in around 10,800 OTD which seems like a pretty good deal to me on an 05.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:55 PM

Re: Insurance (rc-rick)

Rc-rick,
I was not trying to be a smart ass with the question. He was asking about insurance quotes, and you can't compare them without knowing what coverage they are talking about. That is what I was trying to get a handle on. Some people have collision, comprehensive ,etc and others don't; but they effect the premium big time.

In Florida, my experience is Geico is outrageous about insuring sport bikes, progressive is not as bad. Best for rates on sports bikes here seems to be State Farm. Need to have other coverage (auto) to get it on the bike though. About 600 a year will get the type of coverage that Steve954RR is talking about. In this state, with the number of uninsured drivers out there, you need Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage - if not, then you are not any where near what I would consider full coverage.

RCnJax

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 08:15 PM

Re: Insurance (RCnJax)

STATE FARM....since 16......i'm 35. House, truck, two bikes. RC was 420 yr with 100/250 deductibles......picking up a Duc 998.....same money
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 08:37 PM

If you're already with State Farm you're already with the right company. They have consistently proven to be the cheapest insurance around.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 02:55 PM

Re: (mcoomer)

Just got my quote from state farm 371yr. They didn't even care what type of bike it was other then an 05 honda with 999cc. I'll be picking up an 05 some time soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode