Want to lose between 5-10 pounds? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Want to lose between 5-10 pounds?

Ok guys, here is probably the most cost effective way to lose 5-10 lbs from your RC. Speedcell battery-

I ran this battery all last season and never had a problem.
Here is a link to a discussion which has all the information you could want.

I sell these as I am THE distributor. As such, I am always available to answer questions, but really that shouldnt be needed after reading the linked thread.

Feel free to contact me regarding pricing and availability.

[email protected]

Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.

Last edited by eye-p; 09-10-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 PM

250! Good god man! Whats in them things diamonds?
Kidding around but I am sure they have their uses....just not for me.
post #3 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

What other motorcycle part gives you a 10 pound weight savings for $250?

What other motorcycle part gives you a 10 pound weight savings for $500?

Let me know so I can go buy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.

post #4 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 PM

Dunno, just saying its a BATTERY. I could not justify spending 250 on a EXPENDABLE part besides a set of tires. Now if this battery would last forever then I would be all over it.
post #5 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Purveyor of immaturity

Jason. What do u think about adding this to my laundry list of mods u have been doing to my bike? Good mod for street in ur opinion??

Phill

1977 harley flh shovelhead
2002 sp2, Sato Low mounts, PClll USB, Flapped, Paired, Soft REV Sato rearsets, crg levers, LSL Clip-ons, v-172 cerakote gold ceramic coated headers, 520 conversion, 15/41, DK re-worked forks, ladybird rear res, speadohealer v4, speigler race lines, moriwaki radiator fins, ohlins rear, gold dk link, carrozzeria vtrack wheels, hotbodies undertail, hrc clutch cover, samco hose kit,
2002 yamaha r1(sold)
2000 929rr(sold)
2006 CBR1000rr(sold)
post #6 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye-p View Post
What other motorcycle part gives you a 10 pound weight savings for $250?

What other motorcycle part gives you a 10 pound weight savings for $500?

Let me know so I can go buy it.
Point taken here
I'll tell you what...the day my 4 lb relocated unit even starts to fail I'll hit you-up

$125.00/lb. is still a good deal.

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum

Last edited by wingnutt; 01-07-2009 at 07:16 PM.
post #7 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Dunno, just saying its a BATTERY. I could not justify spending 250 on a EXPENDABLE part besides a set of tires. Now if this battery would last forever then I would be all over it.
Got it.

And thats why I linked to the thread discussing this.

This isnt exactly a wear item.

It will last as long as your motorcycle. Period.

Go read the linked thread.

post #8 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Point taken here
I'll tell you what...the day my 4 lb relocated unit even starts to fail I'll hit you-up
Fair enough.

post #9 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye-p View Post
Got it.

And thats why I linked to the thread discussing this.

This isnt exactly a wear item.

It will last as long as your motorcycle. Period.

Go read the linked thread.
Rodger, will do when I get home...at work right now.
post #10 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 PM

Jason ive been eyeing this mod for a while now and have been lagging in asking Josh this question but maybe you can answer it for me. Can a stock RC use the smaller super sport battery? Or since its a twin with a higher compression than I4s will it need the superbike one?
Also i see that on the link Josh said that the highest temp these batts can see is around 120 degrees? I relocated the small yuasa batt with the thorsten relocator that now sits under the motor, will this battery survive under there with all that heat?
post #11 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
Jason ive been eyeing this mod for a while now and have been lagging in asking Josh this question but maybe you can answer it for me. Can a stock RC use the smaller super sport battery? Or since its a twin with a higher compression than I4s will it need the superbike one?
Also i see that on the link Josh said that the highest temp these batts can see is around 120 degrees? I relocated the small yuasa batt with the thorsten relocator that now sits under the motor, will this battery survive under there with all that heat?
No, I would not recommend that you use the Supersport battery.

I ran the Superbike all last season in the front just as you do, and never had a problem. It will certainly survive.

Guys- you can PM me for payment information.

post #12 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 PM

waterproofing

what if it gets wet? - say you get stuck in a downpour or just riding in the rain. i see you're working on a sealed version too but what about the current ones? will it be okay if its mounted under seat/stock location and ridden in the rain? obviously, more of a concern under motor/ front header in the wet?

thanks
post #13 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmachine View Post
what if it gets wet? - say you get stuck in a downpour or just riding in the rain. i see you're working on a sealed version too but what about the current ones? will it be okay if its mounted under seat/stock location and ridden in the rain? obviously, more of a concern under motor/ front header in the wet?

thanks
Ive never had a problem, and I raced in the rain. As I said, I had mine right behind the front tire. Under the seat it will likely not see any water at all.

We have never seen a problem with wet weather riding with the current version of this battery- on any bike.

You would probably have to submerge the battery to have an issue, but then you also have bigger problems to worry about.

post #14 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:38 PM

I am guessing these would also work better in a " total loss " system , as they don't mind been discharged ...
post #15 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by esse0esse View Post
I am guessing these would also work better in a " total loss " system , as they don't mind been discharged ...
We sell a larger battery for use in total loss systems. And you are correct about their ability to be discharged and recharged. You can charge one from fully discharged in about 10 minutes.

These batteries work great in standard charging systems.

post #16 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 PM

there is some technical data and clarification for stuff over on rogue about these batteries. dude knows his shit with these things
post #17 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to drsus
the nicest feature of such a small battery or a relocated battery, is being able to relocate all the crap in the tail section to under the seat...easier access with race plastic,
also less chance of destroying your ecu in the event of a bad highside that takes out the tail..... speaking from experience unfortunately, not on the RC thankfully.
post #18 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned

If these things do everything you've said they will then I'm definately getting one. Just gotta pay my property taxes first
post #19 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Full Spectrum

Yeah, there is a ton of very detailed technical information being discussed on various forums, and if you are interested in engineering it might be a fun read.

Myself, I am more interested in stuff that works. The engineering talk obscures the inportant information- missing the forest for the trees imo.

These things work for sure. Before I agreed to distribute these batteries, I spent a full race season testing them on my racebikes in all kinds of conditions and had ZERO issues. I cant say the same about too many other parts frankly.

These will be on display at the DC area motorcycle show this weekend in the Ducati booth. Speak with Donnie Unger if you are curious and are at the show.

post #20 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 AM

Maybe I missed it but one thing I see is this: - Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles. What does this mean for us? 1,000 starts? 1,000 times you can completely discharge? 1,000 charges? Now the other concern depending on that is constant draw/charge. While riding there is constant charging and discharging so how long can the battery stand up to that? I see that its been tested with a bike but from what I saw not for anything too terriblly long IE 5-10 years so though it does say 1% discharge over 1 year for not moving/getting started whats the discharge rate for full use? Everything that holds power like this has a life so whats this one? I would find it hard to believe that it will last forever...5, 10, 20, 50 years or what? See, you peaked my interest so now I got to ask all of them questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode