Need Help From All Members Across The Usa - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Need Help From All Members Across The Usa

I have had many conversations with members (primarily in the California Bay area) from the "zilla","Barf" and other quality motorcycle sites in hopes to score a great deal on a Nc 30/35.

Well it seems that there are deals out there but either the guys in CA have a great deal NC30 for $4500 but won't ship or the price is around 6K and the guy won't budge on price.

Please help me complete(?) my stable and help me find the affordable mini RC30 or 45. Willing to pay a finders fee of 5% of the total price payed for the bike to the one that helps me get one of these rockets!
Kurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 11:20 PM

pm'd with a pretty good deal
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Thaks for the great find. I will check it out and be tracking who send me what. If this works out I will contact you before I go out there to let you know your funds are as good as locked in. I will also sign a contract stating our deal so no worries about me pulling the rug out from underneath you.

It's all up to the seller now on getting back to me.

ANYONE ELSE FIND ANYTHING OUT THERE?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
YouTube - Honda Vfr400 nc30 super sport

I found this...

V4 Power- Buying an NC30 (Page 1/2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Tom those are not sales for bikes...
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

I think I may have found a red NC35 in Cali for DIRT CHEAP and it appears to come with a title!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunatley it was not a bike that was passed onto me from another memeber but if it falls through i would love to hear of others available.
Kurt
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:42 PM

You may have already been here,

Rare SportBikes For Sale Blog Archive 1995 Honda RVF400 NC35 For Sale in San Diego

Correction: You HAVE already seen this site.

Last edited by 2theMax; 12-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

good eye "max" and thanks for looking out. Yes I have been EVERYWHERE and very few of these things have slipped through my fingures and I am literally 3 weeks away from OWNING a NC35 TITLED bike here in MN!!!! I am soooo happy but if someone can find one closer than CA and at or under 5K I would still be interested,
Kurt
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

CRAP!!!!!
Which one of you guys bought the bike I wanted! The guy just hit me back and said someoone walked into his office and threw down cash. Keep looking guys, games back on!!!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitw wings View Post
CRAP!!!!!
Which one of you guys bought the bike I wanted! The guy just hit me back and said someoone walked into his office and threw down cash. Keep looking guys, games back on!!!!
Oh sorry Kurt J/K

Hey call Jim @ allpowersports victoria thats where the rc30 was and he knows where to find everything honda :twocents

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Just called and left him a message
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitw wings View Post
Just called and left him a message
Cool,I'm going there tommorow am to get a INDY chassis for gabe. I'll hit him up for some contacts

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 03:18 AM
HRC51RR

Send a message via AIM to hrc51rr
rc30

If you are still looking for a rc30 try interstate honda in northern colorado ask for the owner marshall i believe they still have one left....

Kevin
HRC51RR

00 RC51 -Brembo Clutch, Radial Brembo Brakes, Thor Air Box, ETI - Carbon/kevlar Tank, Yosh Clipons, My custom HRC51RR Radiator KIT, Mori Rear Sets, Mori Cams, Ported heads, 03 Injectors, Quick disc Fuel line kit, Kyle Link, Ohlins Shock(Kyle), Kyle Fork Mods, HRC Wireharness, Thor Snorkel, 03 Swing Arm w/ Thor Spacer, Rear Set Adjuster, Power Commander II , any many more......

.o.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Interstate Honda in CO said they just had a RC30 and a RC45 but the owner just sold them!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 PM

good luck on finding one man, they seem to be pretty elusive
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 AM

I owned one of these new in 1993, lovely lovely bike, I had the factory Honda oki replica paint scheme, it was the closest thing I could get to the upcoming RC45 at an afordable price!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Thank god for tire kickers! The guy who made a commitment to the seller backed out due to pussy intervention and the ride is MINE!!!

I will be taken a road trip to LA the 31st of December with my lady to pick up my titled NC35rvf400R (the R is a extra rare endurance single headlight model).

Can't wait to get this project rollin and finish up the RC project that has been dragging since October due to parts on "back order."
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 08:02 AM

Fisrt off, congrats!! Great bike, I am a huge fan of the 400cc Japanese bikes ESPECIALLY the VFR400R and the RVF400R, I have ammassed a huge amount of info, sales brochures etc etc.

The single headlight is an aftermarket thing it is NOT road production, rvf400r's all had the twin fox eye, there were no road bikes with the single headlight.

When owning an rvf400 many will compare to the vfr400, I have a list of differences between the two, I hope it helps;

The differences between a VFR400(NC30) and a RVF400(NC35) are;
- obviously different body work, the RVF400 copies it's bigger brother the RVF750 RC45
- The VFR has 32mm carbs vs 30mm carbs on RVF, but RVF has 'T' section vacuum piston as opposed to round section piston, this makes piston lighter and offers more throttle response
- The RVF has tuned ram tubes to increase mid range power
- The RVF has increased camshaft timing, same lift but more duration and overlap
- Intake port/valve seat on the RVF is 19mm as opposed to 20mm on VFR
- The frame on the RVF is substantially different to the VFR, RVF clamps the motor in a different position and has more rigid mounting points, it is also a later generation frame design
- The steering head angle of the RVF is 25degrees as opposed to VFR's 25deg 20 minutes, which will give slightly faster steering
- The wheel base of the RVF is 10mm shorter than VFR
- The trail of the RVF is 92mm as opposed to 96mm of VFR
- The handle bars of RVF are 10mm higher and 24mm close to rider which will give a more comfortable ride(moreupright)
- The fuel tank of RVF is 30mm wider at the rear
- The front fairing was wind tested with naca ducts feeding cool air to air box(not ram air), 6.5% improvement in aerodynamics over VFR
- Front forks of upside down design, with revised spring rate and dampening, stiffer dampening and spring over VFR
- Rear shock on RVF has integral compression canister, also has revised shock linkage and improved dampening and spring rate
- Front calipers are of more rigid design, with about 10% improvement in feel over VFR
- Rims are slightly lighter
- Rear rim is 17inch an RVF, VFR runs 18inch
- Rear single sided swing arm is different in it's mounting to frame to reduce weight and increase rigidity
- RVF has revised gear ratios 1 thru 3, they are slightly wider than VFR 1 thru 3, first gear is also shorter, giving about 10km/h less in 1st gear, which is good due to very tall first gear of VFR400
-revised front sprocket/rear sprocket gearing giving a slightly greater top speed over the VFR400.

I dynoed one about a year ago, it had an aftermarket slip on muffler, I was disappointed with the out put, I thought it would get higher, but it sure did sound sweet.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 02:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to JBs_SP3
Congratulations brother I'm happy for you - I know these bikes are hard to find in the 'States. I've had my NC35 for years and won't part with it even tho I must look ridiculous riding it (I'm 6'3'').

They are underpowered but that genuine 360 degree V4 Honda engine is sweet!. Very little under about 6K but then the power comes on and they pull hard all the way to redline @ 14,500. The handling is outrageously good - the NC35 is so forgiving it's incredible. PM me and I'll email you the HRC setup manual. I can also point you in the direction of where to get aftermarket parts (TYGA Performance here in Thailand make an excellent exhaust and oversize carbon air box).

Jimmy
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode