Motorcycle Accident Scene Management - Twin Cities MN - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Motorcycle Accident Scene Management - Twin Cities MN

I pulled this from another board, I know the organizer Ray Kang (MN HSTA Director) personally for the past 8 yrs. I was ahead of him & his group on this ride when this fatal accident occured. I also knew the deceased from a couple of years coming to the same event. His son was actually behind his dad when this happened.

Below are the details if anyone in the cities is interested PM me and I can forward your name to him. I think it is a good thing to learn.

Most of you probably are not aware that a rider had a fatal accident at this year's HSTA TWiSTAR event. The rider made a simple riding error on Wildcat and lowsided trying to make a turn. Unfortunately there was a car in the oncoming lane which could not avoid him and ran him over. I was behind the rider's son, who was behind his dad, and got to watch helplessly as his son tried in vain to save his dad.

In honor of the deceased rider, I'm trying to organize a professional motorcycle accident scene management training class for Twin Cities riders on behalf of MN-HSTA.

The class will cost $55 per participant for an 8 hour class and will include lunch. We need 30 participants to break even and can have a maximum of 50 participants. If there are any profits they will be donated to either MMSC, MN MSF or Hedonistic Enthusiasm.

Post up if you're interested.

The course outline follows:

Course Time Topic

00:00 - 00:30 Welcome, Course and Instructor Introduction - video

00:30 - 02:15 Prevent Further Injury (Hands on session - Log Rolling, spinal immobilization)
(15 min break included)

02:15 - 02:45 Assess the Situation

02:45 03:15 Contact the EMS

03:15 - 04:00 Lunch Break

04:00 - 07:30 Treatment of the Injured Rider ABCSS of trauma
(15 min break included) (Hands on Sessions - Jaw Thrust Rescue Breathing, Full Faced Helmet Removal)

07:30 - 08:30 Protecting yourself legally and Financially

For more information on the course visit Motorcycle Accident Scene Management

03 RC, Steel Braided, PCIII USB, Hot Bodies Under, Corbin, Double Bubble, Flushmont, Yosh RS3 Titanium, Hugger,Kyle Link, 15/41 520, Eyebrow mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to firstcherokeekid
Well done There should be something like this in every state.

If it has tits or tires, it's bound to be trouble!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Great idea

Zane

2003 Triumph Speed Four
2006 Honda RC51
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode