trip meter? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

trip meter?

my trip meter keeps restetting to 0 miles when I shut the bike off anyone know where i should look to find the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 AM

Weak battery or loose terminals.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government."
Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Back on two wheels!

Send a message via AIM to Nacho2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFxr View Post
Weak battery or loose terminals.
indeed

Kelso
Conti Road Attacks, HID Conversion, PCIIIUSB, 1/6th Throttle, Galfer Lines F+R+Clutch, Flapped, Paired, Reved, Healed, Scotts Damper, MR Super Coat DB Screen, QB Carbon Vented Fender, MRGRN Carbon Parts Galore, CRG Mirrors and Levers, Sato Sliders, Sato Spools, Sato Lows w/ Carbon Banzai Cans
2005 Honda RC51

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 10:52 AM

I had this exact same problem on mine, as was also advised to replace the battery.

Now while that may well be the case with yours, it didn't actually fix mine. Then again, the old battery looked like it had been around for a while, so I wasn't too bothered to fit a new one.

My issue related to the front wire harness, specifically the big grey connector that attaches it to the main harness.

You'll probably find it stuffed into the front fairing somewhere near the left hand radiator.

Disconnect the two sections and look for any loose or corroded connections. I had a wire that had totally corroded away.

Once I replaced with a new front harness all was well.

(Actually, I then had a minor problem with the tacho not displaying, so just make sure all connections are tight :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode