Rear wheel bearing removal issues.........help - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Rear wheel bearing removal issues.........help

Have any of you guys/gals delt with removing the wheel bearings from a PVM wheel before? I've got the captive spacers out, but not sure how to go about getting the bearings out.
Usually a can take a screw driver and knock out the opposite side bearing without hurting anything. But on these wheels the inner spacer doesn't want to budge. I can't catch a lip on the bearing unless i can get the inner spacer to shift enough to the side to be able to get the flat head on the bearing. Figured i'd come here and ask around before a destroy a perfectly good set of bearings for no reason.
Was going to try and just beat one bearing towards the center of the hub to see if i could get the opposite bearing to break free enough to make some space for the inner spacer to be able to be moved around. But on most wheels they have a lip on the underside of the bearing seat that keeps them from going past a certain point inwards.

What say you all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:30 AM

I'm sure I had the same problems years ago with a Marvic wheel. I think I just persisted until the spacer moved enough to allow access to the bearing to hit it harder. The bearings will be scrap anyway regardless of how you remove them.
You could email or call Harris Performance in the UK. They import PVM wheels. They dont answer their emails much though

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode