45 mpg? - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stel67 View Post
I would love to ride along with you guys that are getting 20 MPG on the street. Must be quite a site....You do realize that the bike is a 6 speed right? Maybe try shifting into 6th once and awhile
It doesn't sound like you would keep up.

oh 6th on the street.... maybe you would just be to far ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Listen-up.....CUB SCOUT How the hell are gonna flick a 11:45 wheelie if you don't run 5K + ALL the time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Damn Asshat

did any of you pansies burn any fuel today?
3 tanks for me @4.25/gal

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

|
|

post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:15 AM
RC51-less Member

250 miles and 3 fill-ups.........Don't care what I paid since I used my wife's credit card. No wheelies, but 3 rolling burnouts and a 116 mph, 2 mile pass cause I swear I feel a vibration at that speed........but it goes away at 130 mph. Maybe it's me.....

Hey, Ronnie.....I get 40 MPG when I ride with my tampon string tucket to the right, but only 35 with it tucked to the left.... Is this normal??

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:23 AM
Damn Asshat

sting must lay down the middle, more aero.
remember it is also a weight disadvantage, if you change it regularly that should help aswell

04 RC51

|
|
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:24 AM

You know the logical thing to do when wondering about MPG would be to check the internet for the bone stock specs that Honda puts out there for fuel consumption and also research what the mags have tested. Just read a couple of articles that show the RC getting high 20's MPG bone stock. So mine is regeard, speedo healer, PC3 Sato Map and running Banzais... when the tripmeter gets to 100mi I start looking for fuel. Btw, the tank is 4.8 Gal. And I'm usually on two wheels... Just my :twocents

Simple procedure=
Trip the tripmeter when you fill up
Next time you fill up note the mileage on the trip meter
Divide that by the gallons that you just pumped into her
X= your MPG
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:30 AM
Damn Asshat

few here can read more than just a few sentences.
these yahooos claiming 45 mpg either ride like little pink panty wearing girls or they cant do simple math

04 RC51

|
|
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:46 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanguido View Post
You know the logical thing to do when wondering about MPG would be to check the internet for the bone stock specs that Honda puts out there for fuel consumption and also research what the mags have tested. Just read a couple of articles that show the RC getting high 20's MPG bone stock. So mine is regeard, speedo healer, PC3 Sato Map and running Banzais... when the tripmeter gets to 100mi I start looking for fuel. Btw, the tank is 4.8 Gal. And I'm usually on two wheels... Just my :twocents

Simple procedure=
Trip the tripmeter when you fill up
Next time you fill up note the mileage on the trip meter
Divide that by the gallons that you just pumped into her
X= your MPG

Uhm.....ya lost me after "consumption", but I saw you used the word "Bone" and started laughing uncontrolably........

It's all good..........

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Damn Asshat

dave are you bored today? this is the longest i have seen you here in awhile.

04 RC51

|
|
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:53 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC51fatboy View Post
dave are you bored today? this is the longest i have seen you here in awhile.
Yeppers...... Drank enough beer to float a small boat and can't catch a buzz to save my life. Figure it's either due to the sunburn, or the continious pacing in the garage waiting for Jami to show up, who never did mind you, leaving me to watch F1 all by myself.....

Turd-packer.

post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Damn Asshat

ill kick him in the nuts friday when i see him for you. my damn tivo cut off with 3 minutes left. i really hope lewi put it in the wall before race finished

04 RC51

|
|
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 PM

Hey Fatboy, You can say all you want about 40+mpg but I know how to ride a bike and still get great gas MPG. I put in 2.5 gallons on 105miles. That equils 42MPG. I do only weigh 175. And more info for your. I run 15/43 220. Have Erion Racing slip ons with NO MAP. Haven't done the pair or flapper removal. Forged allum. Rims to save on weight. I'm sorry your bike gets poor gas millage but for the rest of us, it can and DOES happen almost every day. :twocents
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
My rc is the best thing since bubble gum flavored pussy
who the f*ck gives a rats ass about milage

B.T.W.high Dave, the beer without a buzz phenominon is best adressed with a long island ice tea

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
My rc is the best thing since bubble gum flavored pussy
Next to.......yes. Better than....... NOT.

post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:07 AM

I filled up twice this weekend. Both were just over 100 miles (103 or so) and both times it took 4 gallons. Seems my light comes on around the 4 gallon mark.

So I guess i get just about 25 mpg
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 07:20 PM

My 01 was around 90-100 tank. 00 last checked 35mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode