45 mpg? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:09 AM
Damn Asshat

you ****ers claiming 40+ mpg crack me up.
do you guys know how to calculate fuel milage?
all you do is pop up a number, give afew more details. if gearing changed are you running recalibrator?
how jacked up is your PC map?

the goddamn bike doesnt even claim fuel milage anywhere near that bone stock.
im pretty damn sure going down a mountain the bike wont get 40 mpg

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:12 AM
you're not Irish...

Send a message via Yahoo to Dansrc51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC51fatboy View Post
all you do is pop up a number, give afew more details. if gearing changed are you running recalibrator?

I get 45 mpg, but only because I use Mobil 1 oil. the decreased friction helps me spin the motor easier........

She's not a geo metro, that's for sure

'
'
'
'
argue on the internet?

post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Damn Asshat

if you want good gas milage buy a vespa. if you want fun and dont care about gas prices by an RC51.

dan, i use mobil 1 aswell. i dont get 45mpg, is my bike ****ed up ? maybe i should switch to rotella. hehee

04 RC51

|
|

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Damn Asshat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakh View Post
Are you kidding? What do you suggest I commute on?
vespa or a ruckus

04 RC51

|
|
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:24 AM
you're not Irish...

Send a message via Yahoo to Dansrc51
Quote:
if you want good gas milage buy a vespa. if you want fun and dont care about gas prices by an RC51.

dan, i use mobil 1 aswell. i dont get 45mpg, is my bike ****ed up ? maybe i should switch to rotella. hehee
try pure synthetic castor, that will get you started.

reminds me of a the time I got in trouble with my platoon sgt. for burning several hundred rounds through my m240 at once. he was pissed that I cooked the barrel, I just told him I was imbedding the Miltec lube......

oil and gun joke... sorry, getting old.

'
'
'
'
argue on the internet?

post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Damn Asshat

i havent tried castor, i used extra virgin once but my temp was was to high and it shifted like crap. i went with peanut this time seems to work alittle better.

04 RC51

|
|
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:30 AM

Quote:

02, stock gears, paired, flapped, PC3, Sato, Kyle map, syn. oil
Average about 36 mpg. As low as 26, as high as 44 mpg
Now, how about some info on your ****ed up machine?
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:31 AM
SP-1, SV650, 200EXC

Quote:
vespa or a ruckus

Cool, I'll be like Rossi either way with the RC or a scoot, he rides both!

Dmitry Akhutin WMRRA #843 SV650SS
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Damn Asshat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR51 View Post
02, stock gears, paired, flapped, PC3, Sato, Kyle map, syn. oil
Average about 36 mpg. As low as 26, as high as 44 mpg
Now, how about some info on your ****ed up machine?

15-42 gearing, speedo healer, flapper, pair valve removed, thorsten CF airbox, turn one CF snorkle, yosh lows, pc3 custom map made at 6k ft, few other thingys but the dont really effect the go part, but they do help the stop part.
i assure you the bike is no where near ****ed up. it will be at hastings neb next month, come check it out.

04 RC51

|
|
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 AM

damn your 6k above sea level? damn I feel bad for you. when you come down to sea level dont you use a different map in your pc? your bike would run awefully lean if tuned at 6kft.

Ive ridden quads in coral pink utah 4-6k above sea level and all our bikes were down on power even after we jetted them. they were all PIGS on gas too.

when we got to glamis cali (sea level)all the bikes had 25% more power and gas useage was better. so elevation is a big factor in your fuel useage.

I've thought about using german castrol full synth 0w-30 in my rc51. I use it in my car in all weather and the turbos are quieter and temps are lower. oil test even show its better then mobil one and on par with amsoil.

does the tranny and crank share the same fluid? I just looked in the manual seems like it does.

how does the rc5 react to synthetics on the clutch?
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Damn Asshat

yes i have another map i had made in texas, but got about the same gas mileage maybe 10 more mpg.
i lost IIRC 14 Hp when i moved up here, but still have all the torque.

tranny and engine do share the same oil. i used castrol acteva once for about 300 miles and i drained it, just didnt shift well to me. amsoil is the only thing i use now, i have a friend who is a dealer so i get it cheap.

04 RC51

|
|
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
yes i have another map i had made in texas, but got about the same gas mileage maybe 10 more mpg.
i lost IIRC 14 Hp when i moved up here, but still have all the torque.

tranny and engine do share the same oil. i used castrol acteva once for about 300 miles and i drained it, just didnt shift well to me. amsoil is the only thing i use now, i have a friend who is a dealer so i get it cheap.
Finally we get to the bottem line. You are running gear change and a pc. Come down to earth a little more and get 10 more mpg. Go Back to stock and run 3500-4000 rpms everywhere you go and baam 40+. I know that it is hard to run the bike slow but if you wanted to do it you to would get better mileage.

2005 RC
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
ORLY!?1?

Send a message via AIM to Beinggodisgreat
I threw one of those mohawk thingys and a tribal sticker on my helmet and I got +5mpg...

'01 RC51 "The ORLY!?1!" (RIP)
'01 RC51 "The YARLY!?1!" (Sold)
'07 BMW R1200S
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Damn Asshat

im not the one on here bitching and whinning about poor gas mileage. there is nothing you can do to get 40+mpg

04 RC51

|
|
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM

did i miss something what happend to Wingnutts last funny post??

2005 RC
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM

i once got 40+mpg. It turns out i just forgot to reset the odometer.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
I edited it out when I think it's too creepy It's prolly too creepy
Attached Images

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 PM

I get about 60mpg and also use vegetable oil for fuel so I don't have to pay $4.00 a gallon for gas.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
Has anyone gotten this high gas mileage? I put in 2 gallons of gas today when my tripmeter hit 90 miles. I couldn't believe those numbers, because I usually get aroung 30-35mpg city. Now, I did do a lot of highway cruising the last time I rode it. Still, that's way more than what I've ever gotten.
Yeah, once I got a little over 50 mpg. I had just installed my PCIIIr and rode to Athens, Ohio when my son was in college there. 1/3 twisties, 2/3 highway. I've never gotten that high since, and yes I do know how to do the simple math required to figure gas milage! I usually get 32-40 mpg.
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Stel67 Send a message via Yahoo to Stel67
I would love to ride along with you guys that are getting 20 MPG on the street. Must be quite a site....You do realize that the bike is a 6 speed right? Maybe try shifting into 6th once and awhile

No matter where you go, there you are
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode