Kawi ZX-6R ? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Kawi ZX-6R ?

Hi everyone . I have the chance to buy a barely used 05 ZX-6R cheap cheap cheap . It's the "cheater" 636cc with reportedly great midrange and 114rwHP . The tests I've read have nothing but good comments especially the final 05 version , but I'm wondering about reliability issues . Anyone have experience with this model ? At this stage in my life , when I buy a bike , I plan on keeping it so I'm not sure if the Kawi would be a worthy addition to the stable . It's funny , after owning the RC for a while now , I sometimes have the desire to ride a high winding I-4 for a change but one with good low and midrange power like the ZX . What do you think ?

Last edited by nomo; 05-15-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 PM

I think your NUTZ!!! A Kawi product? YUCK!

Just kidding, you go with what you want. I have a RC and a Gixxer 1K and its nice to trade once in a while. I say go for it!

Dan
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
600rr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Gold Sponsor

Kawasaki are one of the harder bikes to work on and the 636 frams where they curve in by the steering head buckel very easy in minor crashes I have had to replace quit a few and total a few more. But the 636 with a Sato half system, PCIII USB and jumper mod can get you almost 120rwhp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 PM

The 05 636 is a great bike, but just don't expect the finish to be up to much if you ride it through winter.

Which you probably won't.

I personally chose the 600RR over it, but depends on whether you like to "sit in" your bikes or "sit on" them.

You sit in the 636 whereas you sit on the 600RR.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:42 PM
SP-1, SV650, 200EXC

It's interesting, I just started riding the piggy (I call it Brutus) on the street and compared to my previous gixxers I definitely sit ON it as opposed to in the gix. Even my race SV650 is more of a sit in than an RC.

Dmitry Akhutin WMRRA #843 SV650SS
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
Hi everyone . I have the chance to buy a barely used 05 ZX-6R cheap cheap cheap . It's the "cheater" 636cc with reportedly great midrange and 114rwHP . The tests I've read have nothing but good comments especially the final 05 version , but I'm wondering about reliability issues . Anyone have experience with this model ? At this stage in my life , when I buy a bike , I plan on keeping it so I'm not sure if the Kawi would be a worthy addition to the stable . It's funny , after owning the RC for a while now , I sometimes have the desire to ride a high winding I-4 for a change but one with good low and midrange power like the ZX . What do you think ?
How cheap is "cheap cheap cheap"? Miles? Condition? Usually there is a good reason why stuff is cheap, most of the time it has something to do with the condition of said stuff.

All that said, I would just make sure that you do a thorough inspection, do your research, and have fun.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
How cheap is "cheap cheap cheap"? Miles? Condition? Usually there is a good reason why stuff is cheap, most of the time it has something to do with the condition of said stuff.

All that said, I would just make sure that you do a thorough inspection, do your research, and have fun.

A friend who knows I'm always looking for interesting bikes told me about the ZX-6R after looking at it . Apparently it's in showroom condition , green , 2300KM , $3500 , owned by a guy in his 50's who isn't interested in motorcycling any more . This happens quite often here in Canada , with the long winters and expensive insurance rates . I'm a little concerned about the quality of Kawis having owned only Hondas and one Yamaha . The bike is 2 hours away so I need to find the time to go check it out . Thanks for the replies .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Damn Asshat

at that price i say jump on it. if you dont please PM me the sellers contact info

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

|
|
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 AM
junior

I had an 03 for 2 years and the only problem I had was a veeeeeery minor coolant leak. I mean if i rode all day id have a lil dirt stain the size of a pen cap. It never leaked bad enough for me to give an F:twocents

01 RC
99 VALK
00 XR80 hahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode