Wake up call - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Wake up call

Wow....Where do I start. I've been riding street bikes since I was 17 and now im 37. I have track and tons of road experience. I've only been down only on the track and lucky I didnt get to banged up and my bike needed new plastics and controlers to be all better. I've had many near death experiences on the road and seen a lot of riding buddies or people I was riding with not make it home. Still I love to ride.

Tonight I was on youtube looking at some RC51 video clips that led me to some crashes. What I saw blew me away for some reason. Some dumb ass that over rode his bike going about 120kmh not sure in mph went in late into a corner, couldnt hold a line and went head on into another rider. All caught on his helmet cam. Both riders died. I cant count how many times I have pushed the edge of the envelope going way to fast for any road but didnt really care for some reason. I see all the time of the senior members on this site speaking to keeping it safe and do the fast stuff on the track. Still didnt sink in. Six months ago a good friend of mine T-Boned a car going about 55mph. Totaled the car, his bike, his body and his brain. He broke alot of bones including both his legs at the knees, pelvis both forarms, ribs and punctured a lung. He's coming back slowly but surely but forgets even who I am at times.

Still that didnt really hit me untill what I saw tonight.

What im getting at is im a lucky man to have made it this long without being a vegetable or killing someone else. Please be careful out there and like the seniors say "Keep the fast stuff for the track"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 AM

Right on BB. I feel that I have nothing to prove to anyone (including myself) anymore, and that makes for a satisified riding experience every time out. All you young guns, especially the ones who have never been down, please be very careful, have fun, but have respect for life.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
It's not, but when. Try to do everything in your control to make that when as easy on yourself as possible. Sometimes your number just comes up. :twocents

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
"Be Aware" these are hurling our bodies through space and time at incredible rates.

When the space and time converge you will die or worse.

Respect them and enjoy them.:twocents

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Official Player Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
you will die or worse.
Worse, like become a tranny like Tom.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Member (Large)

I almost got hit by a 4x4 board going about 55 on monday.

The truck in front of me must have been tailgating, because he just ran the board over, splitting it in two and sending one piece airborn. If I would have been any tailgating, I would have either ran one over or gotten smacked in the face by the other. Scary shit.

And yes, I did turn around and chuck the wood off the highway. Gotta get my good karma somehow
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rc View Post
Worse, like become a tranny like Tom.
HUH ?
Tranny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Official Player Hater

Quote:
Let me clear up any confusion.

Transgender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Unhappy Listen 'bud

NO NO NO I said I make whoresmoan

NOT I take hormones

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbach03 View Post
Wow....Where do I start. I've been riding street bikes since I was 17 and now im 37. I have track and tons of road experience. I've only been down only on the track and lucky I didnt get to banged up and my bike needed new plastics and controlers to be all better. I've had many near death experiences on the road and seen a lot of riding buddies or people I was riding with not make it home. Still I love to ride.

Tonight I was on youtube looking at some RC51 video clips that led me to some crashes. What I saw blew me away for some reason. Some dumb ass that over rode his bike going about 120kmh not sure in mph went in late into a corner, couldnt hold a line and went head on into another rider. All caught on his helmet cam. Both riders died. I cant count how many times I have pushed the edge of the envelope going way to fast for any road but didnt really care for some reason. I see all the time of the senior members on this site speaking to keeping it safe and do the fast stuff on the track. Still didnt sink in. Six months ago a good friend of mine T-Boned a car going about 55mph. Totaled the car, his bike, his body and his brain. He broke alot of bones including both his legs at the knees, pelvis both forarms, ribs and punctured a lung. He's coming back slowly but surely but forgets even who I am at times.

Still that didnt really hit me untill what I saw tonight.

What im getting at is im a lucky man to have made it this long without being a vegetable or killing someone else. Please be careful out there and like the seniors say "Keep the fast stuff for the track"
Good reminder for everyone, be safe out there.

03 RC, Steel Braided, PCIII USB, Hot Bodies Under, Corbin, Double Bubble, Flushmont, Yosh RS3 Titanium, Hugger,Kyle Link, 15/41 520, Eyebrow mod.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Nice Member

^^^^ funny! but ,man this thread went south fast!

good points earlier on the transgender stuff is kinda scarey though

fast, cheap, reliable.... pick 2

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Good reminder for you ...get out there where have you been man

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfromsc View Post
^^^^ funny! but ,man this thread went south fast!

good points earlier on the transgender stuff is kinda scarey though
Don't blame me Chris has a three legged sister

Here's a good time to repost this.
The Pace by Nick Ienatsch - Pashnit Motorcycle Tours in California, guided

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Official Player Hater

Quote:
Don't blame me Chris has a three legged sister
Tom, you keep talking about this imaginary three legged sister of mine; I think you are projecting your fantasies.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to dhdrider
Yep, be careful out there.

Only thing I will add is that about 99% of the time when someone posts a video on the interent and says someone died, it is false. I can't tell you how many vids I've seen out there where the outcome is all speculation. Saying the person(s) involved died is just a ploy to rack up the hit views.:twocents

"Nice jacket, Kevin." - Nicky Hayden
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 07:55 PM
WSMC #51, CVRA #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Yep, be careful out there.

Only thing I will add is that about 99% of the time when someone posts a video on the interent and says someone died, it is false. I can't tell you how many vids I've seen out there where the outcome is all speculation. Saying the person(s) involved died is just a ploy to rack up the hit views.:twocents

+1
I will only add, anyone who has ever crashed and was wearing proper safety gear, I guarantee, will never ride again with out it! I canít stand to watch guys and girls go out with just the minimum, a helmet, and sometimes not even that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uzN0NGmRDI

I bet they wish they had more on then a helmet.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:05 AM

I will attest to the never ride without gear , going into a gaurdrail at only 45 put me in a hospital for 2 weeks one week just to walk again. If not for helmet or jacket, man o man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode