Speedzilla Forums banner

CBR Gauge Cluster

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BarrettGabriel 
#1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love my 51 but the digital gauges look pretty lame IMO and I like the good old tach needle. I thought about putting all blue leds for $70 bucks but not sure it's worth it.

Anyway, would a CBR 954 gauge cluster work on the RC51? I guess what I really want to know is do they use the same plug/wiring to the back of the cluster?

#2 ·
Hey R/D,
Interesting Question this..... but I never thought of our RC51 gauge cluster as being anything but Super Cool! Never mind "Lame".. :confused:
However, I sure do LOVE those aftermarket ones out there.... Some of the boys here have the ones I like... Alot... I don't know what the CBR929 or 954s looks like.
Now I know the magazine guys have bitched until they were Blue in the face about Kaw.ZX10R cluster/Digatil Tach., again.. I've never seen one in the flesh... I can't think it is anything like ours on the RC51s though... because there is NO problem what so ever reading these Tachs.!.. Right?
I Never have anyhow.

#3 ·
Hey Mav,

There's nothing wrong w/ the 51's gauges, I barely have time to look at the tach anyway. I guess I like the racebike look w/ the standard tachometer. I'm going to the bike salvage shop to see what they have laying around to compare the plugs. I know the owner so maybe he'll let me test one to see if it'll work.

#5 ·
after market clusters about $40

Take a look on ebay as there are new weather proof after market clusters, i've seen one all digital & another needle Tac with digital rest too, both have max 14000rpm read outs. & "hey" their statements claim fitment are the same as hundreds of modern bikes as these 2 i saw plug straight into a 2003 cbr954rr, & all you need to do once plugged in; mark you rear or front wheel with a chalk line to the road & push it until the line meets up on one full roll & it dosn't matter feet or metric as both clusters will do miles or k's & put in the distance to the cluster setting & this will set the speedo, & hey don't worry too much as there's heaps of punter's on U tube who step by step show you how to set either cluster up. Either cluster has the one big plug & broken down plugs, & they even have their own wheel speed sensor fitting if you need it. Dude for $40 bucks (Aussie $$$) I ordered one for my cbr954rr as to get a factory cluster is such a rip that it's well worth a punt of $40. Chris.W

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.