Another RC51 hesitation problem - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Glad it helped ya! And I agree, it's definitely nice to be able to follow a thread and learn some things.
Next time, I'll try to be super-kewl and post up some PICS of what I am talking about. I think that would've made a big difference too.

Cheers!!!

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:47 AM

FI light

Ok i'm going nuts here. I'm looking for these damm green wires. are these wire alone? or are they pluged into other wires? a Pic would help or more info. please Help. im checking for lose wires. Thanks Garry in scaramento
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 AM

look for anything that could be smashed or exposed.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM

OK I have a question on jumping the two wires, so i have the wires jumped, my FI light flashes once waits for a sec or two flashes again. if i hade a code 3 would it flash 3 times fast then repeat? and my two wires that have female clip on one is green and the other is brown ish when i jump the FI flashes. whoever put the under tail on was a IDIOT. i have but connectors from hell. ive owned the bike for 2 yrs. now. Was good until i went to the mountains on my bike the other day. now it cuts out now and again, with the FI light comes on then goes out. PLEASE help. Thanks Garry in Sacramento.

Last edited by Calvin71; 05-15-2009 at 04:15 PM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM

There's a big connector inside the fairing about where the left front blinker is. That's a bitchy one, i'd check that too. Especialy since you write it has been down on the left side... It's known to take damage that way...

Get it exposed, have the bike running 'n jerk it about, see what happens...

And then in reaction to other things i've spotted in previous posts:

On top of the ram air inlet, that's a BARO correction sensor. IAT is on top of the air filter box.

If the bank angle sensor is triggered, you need an ignition key off/on to restart it again i think, but not completely sure on that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Unhappy Having the same problem

My 02 is giving me the same problems just no flashing FI light. some days it will start and some days it doesnt. Had it for less then a year, i will checking my wiring to see if thats the problem if not back to the drawing board.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Trailing Member

This thread is exactly why I've been going over every new bike I've ever owned in the last 45 yrs. with elec. tape or nylon ties ASAP. I can't recall ever having an electrical problem in all that time that was related to chafing. Any place that was going to move could usually be guarded with a small piece of hose etc.

"Life's what happens to you, while you're making other plans" John Lennon
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 08:44 PM

Wanted to say thanks for this thread. I was having the same issue, but... I didn't find the problem in the tail. The problem I was having was a group of wires on the front left side of the bike had come loose and was rubbing against the spinning fan behind the radiator. It almost cut 4 of the 8 wires that were there. Fixed her all up, and so far so good.

Thanks again for the info, just wanted help anyone else out that may have a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode