Name Your Poison - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Name Your Poison

I had just finished completing the Nicky mod (a big thanks to Blu By U for use of his pneumatic saw and the sprocket cover), bled the clutch and was busy putting things away when my wife pulled into the driveway. I grabbed my Gatorade bottle from the workbench and followed her inside to give her the vet’s report on our dog’s eye infection, look at the mail, etc, etc.

In the kitchen, I took a swig out of the bottle and a split second before it entered my mouth I realized I had made a HUGE mistake.

As I tilted the bottle up to drink, I noticed the liquid in the Gatorade bottle looked dark, like tea, but in the garage I had been drinking pink lemonade Gatorade…

Turns out I grabbed the Gatorade bottle containing used DOT 4 brake fluid!

Right then and there I earned my membership in the dumb ass club…as I know better than to put poisonous substances in used drink containers, especially without removing the label and clearly marking them as poison.

Yucch!! Luckily, I didn’t swallow it, spitting it all over the place into the area surrounding the kitchen sink, and had my wife dial 911 and asked for poison control…

Poison control said it is not that toxic and that if I didn’t swallow it I would be ok…

So I flushed with cold water for 10 minutes, drank 2 big glasses of water as recommended and poured baking soda in my mouth to try to neutralize the brake fluid and it’s awful taste (my idea), brushing with toothpaste all over helped as well.

Poison control called back an hour later to see if I was still alive...

Funny thing is yesterday I took a swig of cola at the workbench and a bee was in the can, but I spit him out before he could sting me….that was lucky…

I’ll be A LOT more careful of what I take into the garage to eat or drink from now on.
I normally wear rubber gloves when handling chemicals, but when you drink it, rubber gloves won't do you much good.

So, I’m just passing on a lesson learned so none of you all will ever have to repeat it.
Attached Images

The Road to Hell is paved...
and slightly banked!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Motophoria; 12-18-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Unhappy I'm a cheap sob

High test in a BUD can here......Don't worry It's one of those things you won't do twice ............. knock on wood

B.T.W. Did the gasket come off clean or should I order one ahead of time as Dk gave me a galfer line ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

I imagine high test tastes even worse than DOT 4!

Gasket was stuck in only one spot, I carefully removed it using a razor blade...
and reused it. Good luck.

and slightly banked!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Damn Asshat

chugged a cup of copenhagen juice (spit). it is not poisonous, but damn it make you feel like your gonna die.

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

|
|
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
Wingnutt had a similar experience, however, it was at a sperm bank.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Damn Asshat

he swallowed right?

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

|
|
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
RC51-less Member

I once stepped on a snake that turned out to be a stick.....

But then I picked up a stick to kill it and it turned out to be a snake. Is that the same?

Glad you're OK....... You might get the trots, but that should be it.

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Official Player Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC51fatboy
he swallowed right?
Actually, I think he spat it out. Unfortunately he dirtied up a contact lens.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to thatkindasux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
I once stepped on a snake that turned out to be a stick.....

But then I picked up a stick to kill it and it turned out to be a snake. Is that the same?

Glad you're OK....... You might get the trots, but that should be it.

..Probably the earliest of flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick..:twocents
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:14 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkindasux
..Probably the earliest of flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick..:twocents
What.....Are you Cliff Claven?

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:26 AM

my brother got stung in his throat this year by a yellow jacket that was crawling down his straw in a mcdonalds cup we were outside building a deck at the time your lucky cause he said it was the worst sting he ever got now i cover every drink i have outside and im constantly listening before i drink im sure it looks stupid but i cant imagine if it would have made it further down where he couldnt have spit it out

03 51
00 51 trackbike
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Arrow Back to hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rc
Wingnutt had a similar experience, however, it was at a sperm bank.
WHY OH WHY didn't I beleive what you SAID "Your hooker sister was really your brother in a dress"

The bird of peace ...the dove

The bird of love ...the swallow

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Official Player Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt
The bird of peace ...the dove

The bird of love ...the swallow
You are a true poet; a renassance man.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 03:22 AM

Man Walt.If you need help just call.J/K. I hope everything is ok.BTW you did a fine job on the cover.

" border="0" />04 RC51,Sato rearsets,Sato lows,Sato Ti hangers,Scotts Damper,Flapper,PCIIIUSB & Hub & LCD,K&N,15/42,Goodridge,CRG,SCORE= Deer-O,RC51-2,R1-1
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 03:35 AM

Up north we have to be careful not to eat the yellow snow!!

"That John Denver's fulla shit!"

CRA #24 expert
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 03:47 AM

Back when I was about 14 I used to wear brut (sp?) cologne. I got up one night sleep walking iI guess, and took a big swig of it and swallowed. It tastes like it smells!!! I dont wear too much cologne anymore!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 04:11 AM
Once bitten twice shy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motophoria
Right then and there I earned my membership in the dumb ass club…
That was funny...
Glad you're ok.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 06:14 AM

When I was four I was following my brother around mimicking him. He acted like he drank some finger nail polish remover, I drank half the bottle... I can't remember anything else from when I was four, but I clearly remember the Excorcist like vomiting as we headed for the hospital. Dad had to sell that car.

I left a half can of Coke at my guard unit. A month or two later I was drinking another can in my office and I set it down while I was busy. I saw the two cans and was not sure which one was the fresh one. I tried to feel the cold difference and made my best guess. I leaned back and took a swig, a mass of furry shit oozed into my mouth and I nearly yakked all over my office.

Drink responsibly!

Hoov.
CRA # 200
Thankfully sponsored by;

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

AOK here,
I woke up this morning as usual...
And my Mom just worried about me and power tools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
Man Walt.If you need help just call.J/K. I hope everything is ok.BTW you did a fine job on the cover.

and slightly banked!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Ohhhhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovenater
When I was four I was following my brother around mimicking him. He acted like he drank some finger nail polish remover, I drank half the bottle... I can't remember anything else from when I was four, but I clearly remember the Excorcist like vomiting as we headed for the hospital. Dad had to sell that car.

I left a half can of Coke at my guard unit. A month or two later I was drinking another can in my office and I set it down while I was busy. I saw the two cans and was not sure which one was the fresh one. I tried to feel the cold difference and made my best guess. I leaned back and took a swig, a mass of furry shit oozed into my mouth and I nearly yakked all over my office.

Drink responsibly!
Well, that explains alot of things then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode