Marchesini Wheel Spacers - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
NonDucatiaffordingMember

Marchesini Wheel Spacers

How many of you guys with Marchesinis had a problem using your stock spacers when you put these wheels on? Mine roll great and I have no problems...but there is a small gap where the spacer isn't actually touching the inside of the fork. Just want to know what you guys did to remedy this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Once bitten twice shy...

call Yoyodyne.
get the right ones.
That gap will make the wheel vibrate under braking. Which is not the most confidence inspiring feeling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Anger managment patient

What side because the left hits the axel and that has a shoulder. Look at the stock wheel and notice it doesn't even have a spacer on the left side the axel is the spacer (well the one there is just deep enough to extend to the seal lip).

Last edited by EvilTwin-05; 12-17-2006 at 10:55 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
NonDucatiaffordingMember

Left side is good.
Right side you can see the small gap.

What do you think?
Yoyodyne I'll check out.
Vibration...mmm...maybe a little bit. Not quite sure I've felt that, but then again, This is the only way I've known the bike. Never had stock rims. Didn't even know the gap was there until another RC owner showed me he couldn't put aftermarket rims on his because of this same thing. He didn't want to "risk' it and damage anything. I hope I haven't done that. I don't feel anything abnormal. Wheel spins fine w/wo weight on it.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
NonDucatiaffordingMember

Meant to say RIGHT side is good.
LEFTside has the small gap. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDizzle
Left side is good.
Right side you can see the small gap.

What do you think?
Yoyodyne I'll check out.
Vibration...mmm...maybe a little bit. Not quite sure I've felt that, but then again, This is the only way I've known the bike. Never had stock rims. Didn't even know the gap was there until another RC owner showed me he couldn't put aftermarket rims on his because of this same thing. He didn't want to "risk' it and damage anything. I hope I haven't done that. I don't feel anything abnormal. Wheel spins fine w/wo weight on it.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 08:00 PM

Mine were the same way. I always just shoved the axle a little farther through and the shoulder on the axle took up the gap so there was no left/right play in the wheel, the stock wheel spacer/glorified washer was too thick to fit. 2 years of racing on it I never noticed vibration or had any issues..

--Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode