Whats a frame worth? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Whats a frame worth?

Just want to get an idea of what I should do with this.. What would be a good price to ask for a clean title 2004 (silver) frame with the swingarm and triple tree attached?

Just debating what I should do with whats left of my bike.. I could either finish parting it out, or spend a thousand bucks on some new parts to put it completely back to stock and sell it as a street bike.

--Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Gold Sponsor

Your going to need to give more info on it. Is it a crashed bike, are you holding clean and clear title, etc.

Pics would help too.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deton8d
Just want to get an idea of what I should do with this.. What would be a good price to ask for a clean title 2004 (silver) frame with the swingarm and triple tree attached?

Just debating what I should do with whats left of my bike.. I could either finish parting it out, or spend a thousand bucks on some new parts to put it completely back to stock and sell it as a street bike.
Let me see here............? You've got a completely bare frame/swinger, and for $1000 you think you can buy all the parts needed to make a running streetbike?

Man, $1000 goes a reeeeeeally long way up north.

CRA/CCS #666

"Everything I have, I'd give it all up right now...........for just a little bit MORE!!"

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Damn Asshat

you decide to sell the swingarm. PM me

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner
Let me see here............? You've got a completely bare frame/swinger, and for $1000 you think you can buy all the parts needed to make a running streetbike?

Man, $1000 goes a reeeeeeally long way up north.
I wish $1000 went that far

I've got most of the stock parts yet and I was planning on putting it back to a street bike and selling it to a guy who backed out on me last week..

The bike has been crashed, I raced it for 2 years. Surprisingly though there's not a single mark on the frame (and I never used frame sliders! hah!) I've got the title in hand, I bought it new back in '04.

Pics.. just pretend the other stuff in the pics isn't there

--Greg
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:38 PM

Oh man, if I only had more disposable income. I would love to use that frame and setup you have to modernize my 00 SP1. Would be a fun project too.

You will do well with at least the swingarm. The silver one is the most favored one. The frame, since it is clean and clear of salvage history will probably fetch a good penny as well. However, both might do better alone instead of as a set. I haven't ebayed in a long time so price is anyone's guess but just remember that this is typically the cooling off period on ebay. Early spring might be a good time to get top dollar.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm in no big rush to sell it so it could sit for a couple months.. There's such a wide range of prices on ebay I couldn't figure out what one like this would go for. Some were $2000, others were 700. If 700 is all it would fetch, I would be better off to put it together and sell it as a whole bike. More towards the other end though it would be better to part it.

--Greg
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Gold Sponsor

In my opinion, put the bike back together and sell as whole...at this time its worth more that way. Good luck!

THERMAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode