Nukcrash69 Update - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
The Real MAN of STEEL

Send a message via AIM to Nukcrash69 Send a message via Yahoo to Nukcrash69
Nukcrash69 Update

For some of you that use it, here is another link to contact and keep in touch.

http://www.myspace.com/nukcrash69

I usually post some updated pics and let people know how I'm doing there also.

Really not too much to say. Great news and Bad news.

I saw all of my docs two weeks ago.

My arm surgeon said my bones are at about 98% healed. I can start to put weight through my arm. Meaning I can use crutches now. I can also start PT again and try to put some strength back in my arm. Just trying to pick up a small book is a challenge right now. I have a 2lb dumbell that feels like 45lbs. My arm has even atrophied more where you can see and feel a great deal of the plate AND screws in my forearm. I still can't fully straiten or bend my arm. He said it's just Time and PT that will tell what I'll get back in that aspect. As far as being able to rotate my wrist, I still have a long way to go on that. Still I can only rotate to where my thumb is up, from a palm flat position. This might be all I get back on that. He said, now that I can start to increase my arm strength again, a little more may slowly come back. We'll see, I'm not giving up.

My leg and foot surgeon said I still have a long way to go. I get to put weight through my leg and foot as tolerated now. I'll prob still have this chair till sometime in Feb. I'm having a problem getting my leg to fully straiten. The bone structure in my foot is different than my right side. I know they tried to put the puzzle back together the best they could. He said I'm still a on that year time line to be as close to normal as possible. He's right. Now that I've tried using the crutches, I do realize it's going to be a while for things to happen. With the strength loss and injuries to my right ankle, I only have about a 10min max that I can stay on the crutches. After that my right foot and ankle don't have anything left for me to stand on. I thought I was going to park in the handicap lot of Wal-Mart and crutch in to pick up one item. Yes, I have a "Murse" = man bag and purse, I carry with my when trying these things. It should have been a very short trip, but I ended up having to sit on a counter when a problem came up. I just didn't have any strength left.

As far as my head goes. I still have some issues. I'm still not supposed to drive. I have some test scheduled in Jan. My doc said that I have gotten better, and it will probably take more time for things to be as they were.

Ahhhhh........now for the military doc. This is where the bad news comes in. They used to give us a year from the time of injury to heal up before starting the MEB process. Now that has changed to 6 months. My 6 month mark is 9 Feb. At that time I will still be on con leave and will prob be on con leave until sometime in late May or early Jun. I will still be getting home PT and have this wheelchair, pretty much just trying to heal up. My military doc already told me what the hosp needs from all of my docs down town (which I may not be able to get) so they can start the process in Feb. They want a beginning and ending prognoses from all of my docs. I've talked with them, and they don't want to and said it's too early, to give a long term prognosis. All of them have said that after a year or a little longer has gone by, they will be able to tell what my future problems and limitations are going to be. They already know some of the things that will affect me, but at the year mark, they will be able to tell about future surgeries if I might need them.

The base docs know this to, but they have to follow the new rules. There designed to take a member and get them healed back up so they can go back to the field so they can deploy or go to remote locations. If that can't happen within the 6 months, then the member is boarded and in my case, it looks like I will be medically retired. Which everyone I have spoken to has said my chances are about slim to none staying active duty. So now I'm just making preparations for what will probably happen sometime next summer.

I've been in a little over 15 years and planned on doing 22 to 26. I'm now faced with so many decisions that I didn't plan on looking at until about 5 years down the road. Right now my future is just one big question mark. The worst thing is, I don't know what my physical abilities are going to be. For me, that effects a lot of what I was wanting to do job wise and activity wise.

But I look at like this. I've lived through some heartbreak relationships, 2 serious vehicle accidents, 2 serious motorcycle accidents and 1 sky diving incident. One vehicle accident involved an 18 wheeler (which I'll never forget), worst motorcycle (head on with a drunk), and a small crack in my pelvis from a skydive (unpredictable wind).

Sooooo, as long as no one owns a tank and tries to run over me, I'd say I can survive.

Some people say I have a good guardian angle. If I do, I think he or she is a practical jokester like me. Just there to watch and say to the others.................watch this..................It's going to funny cause I'm gonna let him live.

As you can see in the pics I'm letting it grow out a little. Trying to see what my civi look is going to be.

Attached Images

Last edited by Nukcrash69; 12-12-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Gold Sponsor

WOW I'm sorry to hear the bad news but at least your alive and your making a recovery and things will get better just keep your head up and hang in there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Gold Sponsor

Glad to see you taking everything in stride, and making progress. I honestly don't see a down side to anything. Either you get medical discharge and start a whole new exciting career in the civilian world, or you switch up your MO, get some more training in a different area, and work out the remainder of your time in a less physically demanding role in the military. I know of several people faced with medical discharge use this as an opportunity to get some high tech training and remain in the mix, or push for a desk job for the last few years.
Any way you look at it you have all kinds of new doors opening up for you.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 01:48 PM
AKA: Krammit the Frodge

never underestimate the contract market for experienced military veterans... especially with 15 years in... i've got a couple buddies that are contractors now and have been on and off for the last 3 or 4 years after only deploying twice in their one 8-year reserve contract. now instead of being here working 14- 16 hour days and making about $60,000 a year with all their benefits and extra allotments, they're now pulling down well over twice the tax-free limit.

sucks to hear about the boarding regs being changed, but it could be a good thing for you financially in the long run.

what's your MOS? maybe i have a buddy in TITAN or something that i can try to hook you up with...

meantime, hold down the fort and keep on keeping on. have a few cold ones for the rest of us joes and josephines that can't yet. good luck with the recovery and i'd say you definately have a guardiain angel with a hell of a sense of humor!

I am convinced my only Saving Grace is that Death has discovered he must catch me first, and I am Faster.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 02:17 PM

While this might be a big career change that you weren't planning on, I'm sure it will still work out well. Just focus on getting to that 100% recovery. You're obviously strong and know how to fight through tough stuff. And I'm sure determination isn't an issue with you. You'll be back to normal soon. Did they ever prove who was driving the vehicle that hit you yet? I hope your Christmas is wonderful and full of family and friends!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Cool Hey Pat!.....

Hey Pat, great picture there, you have a shot of NOS on that bad boy

What timing with the up-date here, I tried calling you last night around 8ish, I think it was, wanted to say hey and see how you were doing....

Hang tuff brother, our prayers are with you.
Give me a call bro.

Peace Jeff
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Dr. Carbon

Keep your spirits up and happy holidays to you and yours.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Meatball's Dad

Sorry to hear that they might survey you into retirement. Like already stated, you may find more lucrative employment on the outside with your experience.
Good to hear you are making some progress with your injuries. Thanks for your service to this Nation and Happy Holidays
Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Jenias Member

You need to make it a bit easier for us fools to become your friend on myspace Or at least pm me the info I need so I can get through.

James
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by union
You need to make it a bit easier for us fools to become your friend on myspace Or at least pm me the info I need so I can get through.
If you click on his user name (then select send email) you can get his last name in his email address... then put it in the field on his myspace.

2004 RC51, ... SOLD
... why did I do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMBLER
I would so rock this on my slammed BUSA, holla
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Meatball's Dad

He must have used a different email for his myspace account
Didn't work, tried it earlier.
Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Full Spectrum

Get well soon buddy!

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
The Real MAN of STEEL

Send a message via AIM to Nukcrash69 Send a message via Yahoo to Nukcrash69
Anyone needing an email for myspace, it's [email protected]

Hope that helps out a few, sorry for the problem.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukcrash69
Anyone needing an email for myspace, it's [email protected]

Hope that helps out a few, sorry for the problem.
I just used your last name, but this makes it easier! You still getting a xbox 360?

2004 RC51, ... SOLD
... why did I do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMBLER
I would so rock this on my slammed BUSA, holla
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Amateur PiG Wrestler

Keep the chin up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukcrash69

But I look at like this. I've lived through some heartbreak relationships, 2 serious vehicle accidents, 2 serious motorcycle accidents and 1 sky diving incident. One vehicle accident involved an 18 wheeler (which I'll never forget), worst motorcycle (head on with a drunk), and a small crack in my pelvis from a skydive (unpredictable wind).

Sooooo, as long as no one owns a tank and tries to run over me, I'd say I can survive.

Some people say I have a good guardian angle. If I do, I think he or she is a practical jokester like me. Just there to watch and say to the others.................watch this..................It's going to funny cause I'm gonna let him live.
Attitude is everything man... Stay with it...
DReaux

2000 RC51
SN 000008
2 Bros/PCIII/Flapped/Paired/Soft Rev'd
15 HP worth of stickers

Last edited by DReaux; 12-12-2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: ...
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 12:05 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DReaux
Attitude is everything man... Stay with it...
+100. Keep up the good work Pat. If we don't speak before then, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Just being here with your family, after all that's happened in the last few months is TRUELY a gift................

Dave

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode