Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/)
-   Honda RC51 (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/)
-   -   my RC wish list (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/30570-my-rc-wish-list.html)

hardcharger 12-11-2006 12:16 AM

my RC wish list
 
with my 2000 project RC geting closer and closer to being in my garage, I have been trying to get a list of stuff to get/do to her together. now I am starting with a blank slate ie; all I'm getting is the motor, frame, subframe, swingarm, rear shock, reworked race forks, and ecu. so this is what I have so far on my list of things to get

ohlins rear
sp2 swingarm
sp2 throttle bodies/ injectors
sp2 subframe
wheels (marchenisis, carrazonia, etc)
05 titanium bodywork? (mabye carbon fiber aftermarket)
carbon fiber tank
clip ons (don't know what brand)
Scotts steering dampener
grapihc art moto design undertail
thorsten air box
520 conversion (afam spockets and DID 15/42; I have it on my RR and love it)
corbin seat
gilles or sato rearsets black
crg levers black
clear double bubble windscreen
carbon fiber intake
black vortex gas cap
radial brake conversion
lightened rotors
vesrha brake pads
small battery with relocation bracketry
Vortex upper triple bridge
PC3
Brembo radial brake master
Brembo radial clutch master
galfer front and rear black brake lines
mori fins
Link (gold DK)
full floating rotors
brembo monoblock calipers
steel braided lines
radiators
lights
guage cluster

now I need any and all suggestions on brake setups, etc to do. any free mods to add etc. I like having a list so I can see progress being made. sorry I'm wierd. any help would be great.

wibbly 12-11-2006 12:23 AM

hahah your list is VERY similar to mine. i've already got a lot of it though.



and why no radial master cylinders on the list?

Cutaway 12-11-2006 12:24 AM

Scratch the BMC filters...you wont need them w/ the Thorsten BOX...

hardcharger 12-11-2006 12:43 AM

oh ok, no BMC's. and the brake stuff isn't on there cuz I really don't know what to get for the RC thats why I posted. if you got an idea for a good brake setup throw it up and i'll throw it on my list

Redstar 12-11-2006 01:31 AM

HRC brake pads, full floating rotors, brembo monoblock calipers, steel braided lines if you havent already got them, not sure what else to do for the brakes...

hardcharger 12-11-2006 01:53 AM

should I do HRC or vesrha

hardcharger 12-11-2006 01:55 AM

also what company's make high mount exhausts for the RC? do they all? I know sato obviously, and I saw some Leo Vince's, does akro make any other then the rull race ones they gave to their race teams?

eye-p 12-11-2006 01:58 AM

That is going to depend on your caliper choice. Either way, you will have WAY more brakes than you need on a street bike.

I would also add a front mount battery box to your list. Get the core stuff done first, then worry about the other stuff.:twocents

mrgrn 12-11-2006 02:04 AM

the RC51 with new pads and new lines has the best brakes i have ever used in 21+ years on the street FWIW


i can make you carbon rad fins Hard when you are ready. i also make carbon exhaust hangers and stuff;)




BLU-BY-U 12-11-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redstar
HRC brake pads, full floating rotors, brembo monoblock calipers, steel braided lines if you havent already got them, not sure what else to do for the brakes...

Brembo master cyl.More feedback.

varium 12-11-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardcharger
with my 2000 project RC geting closer and closer to being in my garage, I have been trying to get a list of stuff to get/do to her together. now I am starting with a blank slate ie; all I'm getting is the motor, frame, subframe, swingarm, rear shock, reworked race forks, and ecu. so this is what I have so far on my list of things to get

ohlins rear
sp2 swingarm
sp2 throttle bodies/ injectors
wheels (marchenisis, carrazonia, etc)
05 titanium bodywork? (mabye carbon fiber aftermarket)
carbon fiber tank
clip ons (don't know what brand)
Scotts steering dampener
grapihc art moto design undertail
thorsten air box
520 conversion (afam spockets and DID 15/42; I have it on my RR and love it)
corbin seat
gilles or sato rearsets black
crg levers black
clear double bubble windscreen
carbon fiber intake
black vortex gas cap
radial brake conversion
lightened rotors
vesrha brake pads
small battery with relocation bracketry
Vortex upper triple bridge
PC3
Brembo radial brake master
Brembo radial clutch master
mori fins
Link (gold DK)
full floating rotors
brembo monoblock calipers
steel braided lines

now I need any and all suggestions on brake setups, etc to do. any free mods to add etc. I like having a list so I can see progress being made. sorry I'm wierd. any help would be great.


Don't forget your soft rev mod. I also didn't see you mention having a wire harness. You may have gotten one with the motor but didn't see it mentioned. Same goes for radiators, sub frame, seat, lights, guage cluster, etc.:)

varium 12-11-2006 02:27 AM

Oh, some things i can help you with too.:D



Carbon snorkel
Brembo brake master
Swinger
Possibly a 520 conversion
Vortex gas cap
PC(w/ sato banzai map)
link
SS lines
gauge cluster

RVTMAVERICK 12-11-2006 03:58 AM

Terry....??? L. O. L....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
Brembo master cyl.More feedback.


Hey Terry,!....??? How much MORE feed back do you need....??? Scott = CBR400RR has/IS offering these now for an AWESOME price for the last 2-3 months!..:clapper Where've you been Manhttps://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ima...ilies/wink.gif E-Mail Scott = CBR400RR


How are you feeling after your run in with that deer?

I hope your feeling better, how long do you have to wear the cast again?


Hey I just bumped this on the classifed section, for you and Scotthttps://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ima...ons/icon10.gif 1st page right now.
Brembo master cylinders

Peace Jeffhttps://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ima...ilies/cool.gif

hardcharger 12-11-2006 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgrn
the RC51 with new pads and new lines has the best brakes i have ever used in 21+ years on the street FWIW


i can make you carbon rad fins Hard when you are ready. i also make carbon exhaust hangers and stuff;)

trust me mark I know where I'm coming for my carbon needs, sorry about not keeping those fender sides on the RR I needed the money to get my exhaust. I'll be ordering another set from you in the next couple months

hardcharger 12-11-2006 04:16 AM

thanx guys for all the feedback and definately keep it coming if you got anything else. yeah Varium I figured on all the stock stuff I just haven't gotten a chance to add it to the list. I'm trying to get a couple more things on my RR knocked out (intake, levers, HRC 1/6, chain adjusters, 06 shock and HRC wishbone) and then I'm goin to start hammering away at my RC list and trust me varium, I'm goin to pm you first. when I got the money I'll post up in the wanted section.

BLU-BY-U 12-11-2006 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK
Hey Terry,!....??? How much MORE feed back do you need....??? Scott = CBR400RR has/IS offering these now for an AWESOME price for the last 2-3 months!..:clapper Where've you been Manhttps://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ima...ilies/wink.gif E-Mail Scott = CBR400RR


How are you feeling after your run in with that deer?

I hope your feeling better, how long do you have to wear the cast again?


Hey I just bumped this on the classifed section, for you and Scotthttps://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ima...ons/icon10.gif 1st page right now.
Brembo master cylinders

Peace Jeffhttps://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ima...ilies/cool.gif

Feed back (feel)from the brakes:banghead Thanks for asking,I'm OK now Picked up the bike sat.Good to have her home.Nothing like riding with a broken leg.I feel like Nicky.Should be back to work in Jan.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2011, Speedzilla.com, Inc

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome