New Guy - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

New Guy

Hi to all here

I recently purchased a 2002 RC51 SP-2 here in the UK. Its in Castrol colours and was standard when I got it apart from the hugger, undertray and smoked double bubble screen.

I'm going to slowly make it an Edwards rep. I so far have got my hands on an Akrapovic full system which has totally changed the way the bike rides, there is a load more torque low down and it pulls much better from lower. I'm on the lookout for a power commander to fit and get setup over winter.

Also on the list of to do's is get the undertray painted black, fit green Hel braided lines, obviously the sticker kit and either get my mudguard painted red or source a red RC51 mudguard which isnt proving to easy at the moment

Anyway here are some pics:

Undertray as it is now:

As I want it:

Dyno chart. Bike was totally standard for this run, no pipes and no flapper mod hence the big dip

The torque curve didnt scan in as it was too light unfortunately. That power is corrected. It was a nice cold morning and its run made at the time 127.16hp, gotta love cold air. I'm waiting until I get a power commander and a map made before anymore dyno runs are done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Bike with Akros fitted

I do love the build quality of Akropovic systems. Anyway thats enough waffle from me. Look forward to picking up lots of hints and tips from here

Cheers
Paul
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Street and Track Moderator

Welcome!!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
Welcome, very nice bike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:37 PM

Very nice looking.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to jazz Send a message via MSN to jazz
Hi Paul,

Nice looking bike. Welcome. Where are you in the UK?

Take it easy and fire away if you need any mods done. I'm just finishing off the Battery Mod today, PITA..... but went ok.

I only race the SP1 now although saying that, I haven't ridden it on the road!!!!

Superb bike though.....

Cheers

Jazz
VTR 1000 SP1 #31

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

life should be measured not by the amount of breathes you take but by the amount of times you breath is
taken away.........

You begin your riding career with an empty bag of experience and a full bag of luck. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.....
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Gold Sponsor

Welcome Good looking bike there. One question though, if you have the front fender painted red then what color are you going with on the rear hugger?

BTW, i have a PC3 for you if you want it.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to fattony
why cant everybody 1st post be like that
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome guys

Good point about the hugger there Varium, Im not sure what I will do actually. Maybe Ill get that painted black at the same time I get the undertray sprayed

As for the Power Commander which one is it Varium and how much are you wanting for it?

Jazz, I need to fill in some more details in mt profile but I am in Hampshire. I've been lurking here since I got the bike and have read about the battery mod, its just a smaller one in size right? thus its a bit lighter? Probably not worth it for me as I'm not racing it like you are
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Also Varium, out of interest are you still making the rear linkages? if so what is the all in price for one of these for someone in the UK?

I'm a little torn between a different shock or just the linkage. I would think it would pay to get the linkage first? I do find the stock shocks rather harsh though as I'm only 12.5stone.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 PM

Wellcome bro. your bike is saaaaaaaweeeet...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 PM

I have always liked that color scheme

03 RC, Steel Braided, PCIII USB, Hot Bodies Under, Corbin, Double Bubble, Flushmont, Yosh RS3 Titanium, Hugger,Kyle Link, 15/41 520, Eyebrow mod.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Gold Sponsor

Its a PC3 off an 04 with a sato banzai map on it right now. Its listed in my 'be all to end all aftermarket mod' thread in the Honda classifieds. 200 for the PC and 180 for the link. Shipping to the UK is normally around 20 bucks via airmail parcel post. For an exact amount you can pm me your mailing address and i'll find out a total for you.

I think the huggers look good just the way they are. The rear in black would look good to, and match your undertial. Not so sure about the red front fender though. If the red strip on the rear fairing were to be covered up by a piece of castrol green vinyl it would look the tits, and tie in the rear of the bike with the side panels and the green castrol strip.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 10:41 PM

Paul...howdy....& your bike is the TITS!

Josh

Good luck is for novices, bad luck is for everyone. Rely on your skills.....You control em!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
1st time Fiddy Owner

Send a message via AIM to Barry_'01RC51
The SP2 looks Great!

Welcome!

Barry,

2005 Boulevard C50 Limited Edition
1997 GS500 (a Twin) Sold
2001 RC51 Sold
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Talking Welcome A Board

Wanna Trade,That bike is Da'Bomb
Tips
(1) 15 t front

(2) reverse the pass pegs (until you get trick hangars)

(3) Look for an '03 in minnesota ; trade the guy and u pay postage

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:37 AM
Meatball's Dad

Welcome aboard. I like the paint.
Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:55 AM

i can't believe you want to change that scheme... if i were you i'd sell the plastic for some minty other stuff and paint the hell out of that... it'd be such a shame to ruin such a sweet castrol

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
i can't believe you want to change that scheme... if i were you i'd sell the plastic for some minty other stuff and paint the hell out of that... it'd be such a shame to ruin such a sweet castrol
+1 Seems like all the Euro guys want the US spec paint and all the US guys want the Euro spec paint. Could probably get some decent money for his platics here in the US.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys

Here is a pic of an Ixo model I have that is what I want it to look like:

Thanks to Ixo for this pick at the moment!

So its not a big change it just requires a few extra decals I just am trying to get my SP-2 to be slightly different to others This is why I am trying to source a red mdguard so the bike can be put back to its original state if I ever decide to sell!

Varium I will PM you reference the two bits.

Cheers
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode