Injector Cleaner Products - what ya think - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Is Standing Behind You

Injector Cleaner Products - what ya think

My mechanic friend uses, Wynn's products at work and said i should give it a try in my bike.

Has anyone tried these in their Honda?

Should i throw a bottle in every so often?

Any Pros or cons?

Product name:

WYNN'S
INJECT +Plus+ for Petrol.
Injector cleaner.

Say's on back:
Absorbs condensation water in tank
Cleans fuel pumps and Injectors
Lucricates and protects engine parts

The Best Thing About Pain,
It Lets You Know You're Still Alive!!

"To those who judge me, have mercy upon my soul,
for i have walked a sinful path, in my quest for clarity"

Aussie Rider with 05 SP2. Dassualt, PCIII,
Smoked d/bubble, Corbin, Flapper, Smoked h/light Covers.
Devil eye conversion. Yoshi RS3, Flush mounts, Magical Racing C/F Hugger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMan

Any Pros or cons?

Say's on back:
Absorbs condensation water in tank
Cleans fuel pumps and Injectors
Lucricates and protects engine parts
Used in proper proportions it probably can't hurt, however......

Do you have water in your tank or dirty injectors?

Personally, I stay away from that kind of thing unless I have an issue. :twocents
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:44 PM

They all say they remove condensation, lubricate the engine , and clean the injectors. My guess is that all these injector cleaners have some similar main active ingrediant that allows them to make those claims. A gentle dose of Seafoam through several tanks of gas has worked wonders and I am guessing it is just like the stuff your mechanic trusts. Yamaha makes a product, can't remember the name of it now, but this small container of fuel system cleaner is the most potent product I have ever witnessed actually working. It can be added in a "shock" treatment as the label says or a long-term less concentrated dose. We used it for new bikes that were last year's model and had sat a long time with stale gas. Once the bikes were started, they would ping and knock like crazy until we poured this Yamaha product in. Minutes later the same bike would be running flawlessly. I wish I could remember the name of it right now. I know it had a unfamiliar and strange name to it, not fuel cleaner or fuel stabilizer or anything familiar like that. I will research it and get back to this if I find the name of it.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:51 PM

Ring Free Fuel Additive. I found it. That's what it's called and though some Yamaha chemicals are sub par, like their extra nasty and flingy chain lube, this stuff is top notch and worth it. Before buying it, read the label on the back and the directions and make sure it is safe for injectors. I know from experience with it that a bike needed it's oil changed if the "shock" treatment dose was used because it will get by the rings a bit and into the crankcase oil and it could take all the harmful gunk is loosens with it so we always changed the oil after using the more concentrated dose as a precaution. Hope this is helpful
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 06:14 PM

Some oil additives - which claim to clean your engine - stink of ether, which is a pretty darn good solvent - you can use it to clean parts. It's a bit more friendly than MEK.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Sign of Eth

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51racer
They all say they remove condensation, lubricate the engine , and clean the injectors. My guess is that all these injector cleaners have some similar main active ingrediant that allows them to make those claims. A gentle dose of Seafoam through several tanks of gas has worked wonders and I am guessing it is just like the stuff your mechanic trusts. Yamaha makes a product, can't remember the name of it now, but this small container of fuel system cleaner is the most potent product I have ever witnessed actually working. It can be added in a "shock" treatment as the label says or a long-term less concentrated dose. We used it for new bikes that were last year's model and had sat a long time with stale gas. Once the bikes were started, they would ping and knock like crazy until we poured this Yamaha product in. Minutes later the same bike would be running flawlessly. I wish I could remember the name of it right now. I know it had a unfamiliar and strange name to it, not fuel cleaner or fuel stabilizer or anything familiar like that. I will research it and get back to this if I find the name of it.
The seafoam will come with the "add" ratio's on the can, this is the one product I will add to my tank mostly in the winter when bike sits for extended periods, also some of the Texico stations now have Tectron additive (Chevron used to have this also) to there gas supposidly a good whole engine cleaner.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 04:25 PM

ok...just alittle info folks...all injector cleaners contain isopropal (sp) alcohol as there main ingrediant, in other words...rubbing alcohol.. everything else is coloring..except stp which uses some kerosene (aka jet fuel) . if you use seafoam, be very careful, i have seen more than one engine ruined with the use of too much seafoam.. has a tendency to wash down the rings if used incorrectly. :twocents
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Street and Track Moderator

Chevron now owns Texaco! If you run premium gasoline, you should not need to add anything because of all the detergents used today! The only time I would add anything is when the bike has been sitting for long periods of time!

Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Cola
The seafoam will come with the "add" ratio's on the can, this is the one product I will add to my tank mostly in the winter when bike sits for extended periods, also some of the Texico stations now have Tectron additive (Chevron used to have this also) to there gas supposidly a good whole engine cleaner.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmansl
Chevron now owns Texaco! If you run premium gasoline, you should not need to add anything because of all the detergents used today! The only time I would add anything is when the bike has been sitting for long periods of time!

Matthew
+1 I stopped using injector cleaner a long time ago when I realized I was just wasting my money.

"money is the root of all problems"

2002 Superhawk(sold)
2005 RC51
2008 CBR1000RR
USBA/MoM Expert#912
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmansl

Matthew
+2

If you aint sitting and your running quality gas dont worry about it.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Exclamation Two Cents worth of prevention

:twocents If your fuel system is contaminated..........

If your fuel system is not contaminated, a capfull of rubbing alchohol before you fill-up f1 light is on is what I do and I have ZERO PROOF OF ANY BENIFIT
However 2.5 cents and listening to the wife bitch about the greasy fingerprints all over the 99 cent bottle some how gives me peace of mind that my system is clean,also there is goddam ethanol in most of the pump gas this is to be avoided at all costs before storage sea foam time and ethanol do not get along "try some experements" look-ma I made little worms of by-product

Also,your polaris indy won't freeze up go lean and explode

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt
However 2.5 cents and listening to the wife bitch about the greasy fingerprints all over the 99 cent bottle
Come on now! You should have just given her the swift backhand before she even got the whole complaint out of her face! When are you coming back out to the left side of the country? Got some cold beers and lies waiting!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:09 AM

Angry Honda Envy.plain and simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rc
Come on now! You should have just given her the swift backhand before she even got the whole complaint out of her face! When are you coming back out to the left side of the country? Got some cold beers and lies waiting!
No-shit Chris she frickin' cleaned me out while I was in 'cali for a week making money When she dropped me off from the airport she says oh-ya dad got me a place out west close to him And all your stuff is still in the house..........16 years .................................................. .................................................. ....................I'll miss my TAHOE

But if I woke up in the morning went to take a whiz and didn't have a dick I guess I'd be confuzed as hell also

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt
No-shit Chris she frickin' cleaned me out while I was in 'cali for a week making money When she dropped me off from the airport she says oh-ya dad got me a place out west close to him And all your stuff is still in the house..........16 years .................................................. .................................................. ....................I'll miss my TAHOE

But if I woke up in the morning went to take a whiz and didn't have a dick I guess I'd be confuzed as hell also
bitch

"03 RC"
and a new litter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode