How much does thorstons rc weigh?. - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Gold Sponsor

Gordon, where have you been?

How is the thirty? done anything to it lately?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Munky

Whatever happened to Start2fab? I was just a newbie when he and Robert were going at it! I really enjoyed those treads!
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky
Whatever happened to Start2fab? I was just a newbie when he and Robert were going at it! I really enjoyed those treads!
What are you talking about Ian, you still are a newbie.

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Talking Pm'ed awhile back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn
i think thorstens 51 was below 400, like 395 or so
Hey, have you considered C/F hangars

We have a cad drawing and

http://www.stratasys.com/

at my fingertips

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:30 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky
Whatever happened to Start2fab?
Evolution..........

Many claims of sub-400 Lbs RC51s but no proof. Start2scab was one of them......

Gone but not forgotten. The conversations were entertaining, though......

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

nobody remembers scortch though! ha that clown was a lame if i ever read one hahaha... two of the hall of famers from these boards good times these were!
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Gold Sponsor

http://www.carbonparts.zoomshare.com...aust%20hangers

been making them for months

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 02:31 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for the reply

I guess it's been months since I visited your page Yes,this is what I am after,Is there a feature to prevent the ohlins adjuster from pivoting if I mount it there. It hasn't happened yet but I do not like the Idea of mounting anything with one bolt (or is there a more suitable location)

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Gold Sponsor

post a pic of that Ohlins mount. i am sure we can make your set up work, lets get it done my man.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:02 PM

Question An additional hole in the hangar perhaps

It's the aluminum peice that's mounted to the strap bolt. I've already flipped it over so it's further away from the can.I can send the peice to you as it's current location is ideal except for the single hole mount. The goal will be to get it excactly parellel to the can. With an added hole on the LH I could then articulate the mount to parellel and drill the aluminum for an m4 nut/bolt.

Ideally,a feature could be added to your part to recess the bracket and capture it.............Then the single strap bolt would be good.

-thanks-
Attached Images

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Gold Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to g-man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
Many claims of sub-400 Lbs RC51s but no proof. Start2scab was one of them......
What kind of proof are you looking for?

Bill and I weighed his SP2 at 367 lbs on two digital scales at Northwest Honda in Houston after uncrating it, adding fluids and fuel back to it and firing it up.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to dhdrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man

Bill and I weighed his SP2 at 367 lbs on two digital scales at Northwest Honda in Houston after uncrating it, adding fluids and fuel back to it and firing it up.
Gordon- I think Rigor was speaking just of Start2Fabs bike and claims. Not Thorsten...

PS-- Who owns Bill's old bike now?

"Nice jacket, Kevin." - Nicky Hayden
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man

I meant to type in 300 lbs, Gordon. Wasn't that what he (Start2fab) was claiming?

A Sub-300 lbs RC51?

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to dhdrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
I meant to type in 300 lbs, Gordon. Wasn't that what he (Start2fab) was claiming?

A Sub-300 lbs RC51?
No, it was 400. But w/ the stupid things he did, there was no way it was sub-400. Bascially it ended w/ about 5 different guys volunteering to weigh it and he wouldn't agree to having it weighed and he disappeared...

"Nice jacket, Kevin." - Nicky Hayden
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:17 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Thumbs up 367lbs! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
No, it was 400. But w/ the stupid things he did, there was no way it was sub-400. Bascially it ended w/ about 5 different guys volunteering to weigh it and he wouldn't agree to having it weighed and he disappeared...

This must have been before my time, as I don't remember these guys. So that brings me to my question, What were the stupid things he did? Or?

Hey g-man, hanging tuff Gordon, did you get to ride Bills MC Details,details?

What's going on with your build up? You've never replied to that question I've asked? Oh, your keeping it on the down/low PM me, I can keep a secret

Peace Jeff
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Anger managment patient

620 lbs. here 420 for the RC and 200 lbs. of dick. Now if I can get some balls it ought be done.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Question g-man......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin-05
620 lbs. here 420 for the RC and 200 lbs. of dick. Now if I can get some balls it ought be done.

Hey Troy, great lose of weight there, exhaust, rims, I think they say the Ohlins forks are lighter too? What else have you done?

I'll weight mine at lunch time today...

Peace Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode