Penske resevoir Pics Needed - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Penske resevoir Pics Needed

I know I'm an idiot.... But I just picked up a used Penske 3-way and can't figure where the best mount position would be for the resevoir.. I Thought photo's would be worth a 1000 words..

Thanks. Guy's....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Gold Sponsor

i have a awesome solution for you

shoot me a PM with your email addy and i will glady lead you in the correct direction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn
i have a awesome solution for you

shoot me a PM with your email addy and i will glady lead you in the correct direction
PM sent, but Your mail box is full..

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 05:29 AM

I mounted mine to the tank pivot with a pair of zip ties.

In that position, it's out of the way and the adjuster is easy to get to on the right hand side of the bike (while sitting on it).

2002 Honda RC51
2014 Honda CRF250L
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Puleeeeease..!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 02:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to dhdrider
I had a Penske 2-way and made a mount that attached to the rear tank bolt. I took a small piece of 1/2 electrical conduit and welded to tabs on the end that went on the out side of the tank bolt mounts and used the rubber mount and straps that came with the shock to attach it to my mount. Sorry, these are the best pics I have. Also here's a crude sketch of the piece I made.

"Nice jacket, Kevin." - Nicky Hayden
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guy's.. you gave me some usable idea's.. I ended up going underneath the seat and inside the rear cowling, running it along side of the sub-frame and under my PC3. secured by tie-straps
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 02:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to dhdrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51-05
Thanks Guy's.. you gave me some usable idea's.. I ended up going underneath the seat and inside the rear cowling, running it along side of the sub-frame and under my PC3. secured by tie-straps
Doesn't that kind of make it a pain in the ass to adjust it trackside? Or street side? I guess iit would be OK if you still had the trunk lid in place, but if you had track bodywork that would suck to have to take it off to adjust your shock...

"Nice jacket, Kevin." - Nicky Hayden
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
Doesn't that kind of make it a pain in the ass to adjust it trackside? Or street side? I guess iit would be OK if you still had the trunk lid in place, but if you had track bodywork that would suck to have to take it off to adjust your shock...
You-Betcha.!! But my saving grace is I have a trunk lid.. No way would you want to do this with track skins...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm an Alcoholic... YAY!!

Send a message via AIM to heavyzee Send a message via Yahoo to heavyzee

MRGRN's SETUP
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Gold Sponsor

Thankx for the pic postin Heavyzee

it is a $1.50 plastic electrical conduit clamp and i used one bolt form the eurobike undertail and then just popped one hole is the undertail and a small piece of felt or thin rubber and it has held up for 5 years no problems. i now have a henrys fancy aluminum mount on the other side

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:49 PM

Hey mrgrn i have a penske shock and have always hated how i mounted it, i used some radiator hose clamps and just strapped it to the stock passenger peg which i think is horrendous, i saw that on this thread you said you had an easy solution? or anybody else let me know...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar
Hey mrgrn i have a penske shock and have always hated how i mounted it, i used some radiator hose clamps and just strapped it to the stock passenger peg which i think is horrendous, i saw that on this thread you said you had an easy solution? or anybody else let me know...
Hey Red, perhaps you didn't notice. heavyzee posted mrgrn bike pictures, then mrgn posted instructions and hardware needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode