Just watched Faster, any other similar movies out there? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

Just watched Faster, any other similar movies out there?

Well during the harsh winter here in Alberta I have to resort to third person riding, and what better then to get on board with Rossi, Hopkins or anyo of the other riders. Are there any other good movies out there similar to Faster? Anyone know if they sell the entire collection of Motogp races as a dvd set, not just highlights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:38 PM

Was is Faster or was it Faster and Faster, the two DVD set that has tells the story of the switch from the 2-strokers to the 4-stroke 990cc machines? I have Faster and Faster, that two DVD edition and it has a lot of extras that include great onboard chases. Similar videos do exist as far as being created by the same people. The Doctor, The Tornado, and The Kentucky Kid is a recent release from the Faster folks and it chronicles the behind the scene stuff that surrounded that Laguna Seca race last year. It is worth adding to the winter watching collection
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00
Anyone know if they sell the entire collection of Motogp races as a dvd set, not just highlights?
Check out Duke Video. If anyone has them, they will. Owned by former 500GP champ Geoff Duke.

OR

You can check out my soon-to-be-released DVD, "Not That Fast". Based on my personal riding experiences with many sequences which will you have you saying things like, "This guy is frickin' slow!" and "I can't believe I spent money on this!"

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:16 PM

I would also recommend the movie "Worlds Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins. It is a good historical adaptation of Burt Munro's trials and tribulations during his 1967 trek from New Zealand to Bonneville for a world record attempt on a 1928 Indian Scout.The movie is not 100% accurate but entertaining and worth a look. IMO
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

Cool, I have the 2 dvd set. What do you guys think of Twist of the Wrist?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Every ride a gift...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00
Cool, I have the 2 dvd set. What do you guys think of Twist of the Wrist?
Twist of the Wrist II is a pretty decent book, although there are others I'd recommend more. The Twist movie is lame and cheesy, unfortunately. Two thumbs down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

what is the diff between twist I and twist II, are they a sequential read? or can I just read the second one?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 02:07 AM

Two expands on the concepts of the first book, but looks more at performance street riding and a little less at track day riding. His style is odd, but it's still a good read. I would recomend "Total Control" by Lee Parks and "Sportbike Riding Tecniques" by Ienatsch they are BOTH GREAT BOOKS and you'll pick up a lot (or I did) both on the street and track days.

Another movie (just finished watching it the other night) is The Doctor, The Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid by the "Faster" guys, great movie. Thank god it's been a really mild fall and I've been able to ride almost every day or I would be going crazy again.

Nemo
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 02:58 AM

the isle of mann TT documentary is pretty crazy as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 09:01 AM

I just watched Torque and the action scenes were frickin hilarious, I hope it was supposed to be comedic.

Hoov.
CRA # 200
Thankfully sponsored by;

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Long Way Round is meant to be excellent, I've not watched it myself though

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403778/

2001 SP1, Jardine RT-One cans, PCIIIr, Harris Rearsets, Carbon Fibre undertray and more tarty stuff.

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 12:24 AM

Long Way Round is excellent, I highly recommend it. I just got "The Doctor, the Tornado, & the Kentucky Kid", made by the same people who made Faster. Haven't got around to watching it yet though...

05 RC51
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 01:35 AM

Watch "The Doctor, The Tornado and the Kentucky Kid" - narrated by McGreggor just like FASTER. Here is the link to the title. For you guys that haven't watched it... this is a prelude to what happened this year.

http://www.sportsflicks.com/DVDinfo/...entuckykid.htm

Enjoy.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 10:57 AM

I mentioned "Torque" and nobody laughed... Come on it was funny!!

Hoov.
CRA # 200
Thankfully sponsored by;

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 01:47 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Angry No, I'm Sorry Hoov....I Didn't Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovenater
I mentioned "Torque" and nobody laughed... Come on it was funny!!

I'm actually pissed at you now, because of that POS movie, gave me bad-dreams for weeks and weeks. I've been helped by professionals, to get over seeing that POS, they helped me to the point, that it was jUuuust about gone out of my memory banks. Now this,......thanks alot bro.!....

JK Yeah, I LOL

Oh back on topic +1,000,000 with "wibbly" here, Isle of Man TT documentaries! I've got like 8 years worth, so far For anyone that has not seen 1 of these movies, You really need too, You'll be Blown away!
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Every ride a gift...

Each year they have a video of the Isle of Man races on Duke video, that are awesome.

I highly recommend a movie called "One Man's Island," a great documentary about a guy from Canada who gave up his home, job, everything, to relocate for a year to the Isle of Man to be in that race. It goes into amazing detail on how he learned the course and was able to compete in, and finish the race. Excellent movie.

http://www.onemansisland.com/

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 02:57 PM

Watch "One mans Dream" The John Britten story still the #1 in my eyes O and hey......get a couple more vid's while your out , theres more snow and shitty wether comming from Kelowna
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM

Not entirely about bikes.... but I watched "Dust to Glory" about the Baja 1000 last night & I really liked it.

Zane
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovenater
I mentioned "Torque" and nobody laughed...
"Torque" was a serious dramatic effort set in the heart of the road racing community. A story where one man's dream of becoming a .......

Oh, nevermind.

Now, if you had said "Bikerboyz".......

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner30
Not entirely about bikes.... but I watched "Dust to Glory" about the Baja 1000 last night & I really liked it.

Zane
That movie kicks ass! A classic that you cannot consider yourself a motorcycle guy without watching is "On any Sunday" by Bruce Brown, its dated but still a great movie.

2004 RC51, ... SOLD
... why did I do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMBLER
I would so rock this on my slammed BUSA, holla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode