Need some help... - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to thatkindasux
a clean frame with the parts of the bike he has?? I was saying that he could pick up a clean titled frame from someone, would that work? The DMV story is @ a track day his old frame was bent when he crashed in T3 right... I know ive never had a frame/motor #'s cross referenced, in Volusia Co. they look the numbers up on the frame, but that was it! this is going to be a headache either way, dealing with the DMV.
What if he has a bill of sale/ title from the place he bought the bike from stating the number of miles the motor had? These rules are state dependent, you need to find a local chopshop who deals and sells in rebuilt/salvaged title bikes and Q&A them as to what to do..?

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/forms.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium
I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. A blank frame doesn't come with anything, but a receipt from the dealership. It has no bearing on the title to the vin of said bike. The problem is the bike was issued a salvage title. Hopefully its a salvage rebuildable. If not, he's screwed.
Anyway, to get a salvage titled vehicle on the road one has to have in inspected before a rebuilt title will be issued. Once one has a rebuilt title then that title can be registered for road use. A salvage can not. There is a big long drawn out process for getting the title changed to something that can be registered for road use. Some state this is a very simple process, but FL its more than a headache.
This process is not the same thing as someone takeing a registered clean titled vehicle down to the local DMV office and applying for a new title. Those vehicles are already deemed road worthy by another state therefore that is good enough for the FL DMV. The problem is you can't bring a title to the FLDMV to register the vehicle for road use if there is a blemish on it. The blemish can be salvage, slavage rebuilable, export only, COD(certificate of destruction). Any vehicle that has one of these marks on their title they are SOL. The only acception is a salvage rebuildable which will bring up the whole documented rebuild and state inspection process that again is a headache for someone that does not do this for a living. They are very particular about the process and are extremely unhelpful a-holes.
FYI, any vehicle that has ever been issued a slavage title in the state of FL can never come back into the state with a clean title. FL started data mining this kind of info years ago. Unless you have someone on the inside that will bypass the computer check, you will be issued a rebuilt title upon reregistering the vehicle in FL.

Last edited by thatkindasux; 11-22-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkindasux
a clean frame with the parts of the bike he has?? I was saying that he could pick up a clean titled frame from someone, would that work? The DMV story is @ a track day his old frame was bent when he crashed in T3 right... I know ive never had a frame/motor #'s cross referenced, in Volusia Co. they look the numbers up on the frame, but that was it! this is going to be a headache either way, dealing with the DMV.
What if he has a bill of sale/ title from the place he bought the bike from stating the number of miles the motor had? These rules are state dependent, you need to find a local chopshop who deals and sells in rebuilt/salvaged title bikes and Q&A them as to what to do..?

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/forms.html

Yes, if he bought a clean title frame and swapped everything over to it, then ther would be no issues. As a matter of fact there is a clean frame on ebay right now for 9 something. Doubt he wants to spend that, but if he can get the dealership to agree to refund him the cost of the frame then he would come out pretty good.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 08:44 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Red face OK, I'm Buying It Or Not Buying?.....Sorry Man, Yeah 8hrs....

Yeah that SUCKS out LOUD! Being 8 hours away, but Why, Why ,WHY......Dude, have you told them YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK?...... Tell them you want need it back, and that they should do the right thing... You have all your paper work? I mean this Stealership has GOT to see this is BAD for buisness
I'd tell them, Look, I've pay you for a product, transportation as this case may be, YOU ARE NOT rendering service of a useable product/transport.... Please give me my $$$$$ back, (Does this Stealership have another MC You could get in trade) Something needs to be done, Duh I know, but what's the laws say about buying a tranport..... and the dealer selling unreg./untitle that can not be used because it's doesn't have the correct paper work!?? Or whatever this case maybe....

Did you pay cash or did you get the money from the stealership loan Co.? You got a loan!....? WHOLEY SHITE! So now you're making payments!!..?? For what!!??
If you paid cash, tell them look 2+ months, I want my frickin' $$$
You HAVE to get your money back and run away from there as far and as fast as you can!!!!

Screw having to buy another frame/tear down a new MC (new to you) and then build another one!....?
There's too many kickas$ RC51's (+other MCs) out there for sale, to be screwing with this thing!

I feel for you man, I'm sorry about before, you have to admit, for someone like me just coming in and reading this.......I just couldn't even think about what I'd do, because I'd most likely in up in jail!

I guess I'd say, keep a cool head, as you've done with me Gettting your $$ back/trade...Whatever..... BUT YOU have to do this FAST, the longer you take at asking/getting your money back, the worse/harder/more money to a lawyer it's going to cost you

I wish you Good Luck, you have time off for Thanksgiving? Take them that POS MC that you can't ride!....WTF... Tell them to Fix this now.

If they don't, get a LAWYER right away! My:twocents
Let us know what happens..

Peace Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytwin51
Becuase i did the "knocking down the STEALERSHIPS door and raised hell" and they told me they would work on it and they have been but its talking forever.and the dealershipis over 8 hours away so its not as easy as taking it down the street to get your money back. you buy that?

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

hey all..thanks for the advice. the bike right now is titled to me as a salvage/rebuildable which is a good thing. but now the FL wants the original insurance quote and original pics and stuff that i cant produce beofre they can set me up with an inspection.the dealership says they might be able to but they kind of keep pushing me around and its hard being they are 8 hrs away since i cant go over there in person and bug the crap out of them. im going everywhere to try and get help but as im sure you all know that its hard to find anyone that will truely want to help. I know a Lawyer and i am deeply thinking about talking to him. im so pissed and beyond frustrated its rediculus. and Jeff yea i told them i wanted my money back but they said they wanted to take other actions first to try and get it registered and go from there , ( dont worry about the previous posts man its all good). i know we all make mistakes but man am i sorely upset about this one, seriuoslly thanks to all of you for your input and keep them coming, you all seem like a really cool group of ppl and im glad i joined this board.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 05:17 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Bump,

What's going on with your MC paper problems? Have you got this taken care of?

I hope so, Peace Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode