Sato vs Hindle - Page 19 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #361 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Damn Asshat

i think that would be interesting. make sure you post everything

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Talking Mine (your Name Here ) Is Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC51fatboy
i think that would be interesting. make sure you post everything
EZ-UP TEX

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #363 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:47 PM

u forgot to mention that how someone breaks in their bike can greatlly affect how their engines act later on. i find that ppl who are more aggresive with breaking in their bike s in the beginning usually end up with a lil more horsepower. there have been several articles in the mags over the years to support this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the humungus
He didn't say there wasn't.

He didn't say that either. We are all here because of one thing in common, the RC51. You can't deny how much time and effort LDH has put into the project through his website and its members contributions. You can't deny how willing he is to help ANYONE. If you try to convince the readers he is a dictator without compromise I can bring people online here who have received help from him over the phone that have nothing to do with RC51's or sato whatsoever and none received this salesman treatment that is being implied.

Now, back to the point of this thread. All conspiracy theories aside. I have rode several RC51's in my area no two of which had the same pipe or mapping. All the way from plain old Hindles to full system Akrapovich I have rode about 6 different piped and mapped RC51's. Not one of them fueled as nicely as mine does, non pulled through their gears like mine does. I was the only one on Satos, I was the only one running the kyle map available for FREE download off the net. Interestingly enough each of the other RC51 owners had custom maps built locally and the dyno printout they showed me all made over 130 hp. So I guess it must make over 130 hp right? Or is mine making closer to 140 ??? I have no idea what my bike makes on a dyno because I don't care. I have no idea how to read a dyno printout. I just say my bike makes a safe 125 and I have pulled away (at differing rates) from every RC51 I have come across (in some of these cases I can't say its a fair statement because I don't know what their gearings were)

post #364 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Damn Asshat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt
EZ-UP TEX

?? i am ez, just saying would like to see that, would be very interesting. seriously

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

|
|
post #365 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:04 PM

Gotcha' just tryin to keep the peace

Anyone here break 'um in by varying load and rpm for 500 mi. or so,changing oil

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #366 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Gold Sponsor

so which is best?sato or hindle?
i cant wait to see the new systems with moto gp canisters,they will be awsome looking
post #367 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkobe
so which is best?sato or hindle?
We may know soon, but if the results don't point to Sato, im sure we will get 37 more pages
post #368 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_in_LA
We may know soon, but if the results don't point to Sato, im sure we will get 37 more pages
Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results and I have seen it first hand and no it wasn't with either exhaust in this thread. Unless I was to watch the back to back dyno test then anything posted on the internet is just that a post on the net.

post #369 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR400RR
Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results and I have seen it first hand and no it wasn't with either exhaust in this thread. Unless I was to watch the back to back dyno test then anything posted on the internet is just that a post on the net.
I agree with you to a degree. I find it odd that all the Kyle dynos show'd Sato lows as the power producers, when people didn't like the lows as much, suddenly the Bonzais became comperable. Very interesting
post #370 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Gold Sponsor

"Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results" this single most important thing said in this 36 page thread.

people go on and on about how the satos are that much better and for 6 years i have been hearing the constant daily drivel and sales spew about how they are 2 hp better and 3 ft lbs of torque better below 6000 rpms LOL. I am not going to call mike or dan liars or cheats as that would be damn rude. I am going to say that anybody who belives for a mili second that a supplier with a reputation would not be capable of getting 2 hp out of their dyno to make sales whoever it might be is fuggin stupid. money makes people greedy and when tens of thousands of dollars are at stake over 2-3 hp you don't think somebody might be inclined to put 8 psi more in a rear tire on the slip-on run LOL you have to be kidding me if that thought never occured. i am not calling the sato out in particular, i am saying any seller for that matter. tgis business is cutthroat and 2 hp makes the difference between big money and a flop so think about that, anybody who tells you they sell/make pipes for the sport and don't care about money is full of chit including me if it were me i would not even look at a makes graph for their pipes as you KNOW, yes KNOW it is going to be tops, why bother to look. I went and looked at independent graphs as i found i KNEW they had nothing to gain or lose if their findings. I know of a shop who did some RC51 dynos and custom maps with different pipes and they did not sell ANY of the exhaust to those customers so once again, unbiased. they showed and told me that all the slips they tested were so close it was negligable even with mapping except for the one full exhaust they did whicj DID make better power from around 6000 up over any of the slip-ons they tested.

I am completely happy with my choice of system even though it might not be the best, that term is relative IMO.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #371 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn
"Anyone can manipulate a dyno to get almost any disired results" this single most important thing said in this 36 page thread.

people go on and on about how the satos are that much better and for 6 years i have been hearing the constant daily drivel and sales spew about how they are 2 hp better and 3 ft lbs of torque better below 6000 rpms LOL. I am not going to call mike or dan liars or cheats as that would be damn rude. I am going to say that anybody who belives for a mili second that a supplier with a reputation would not be capable of getting 2 hp out of their dyno to make sales whoever it might be is fuggin stupid. money makes people greedy and when tens of thousands of dollars are at stake over 2-3 hp you don't think somebody might be inclined to put 8 psi more in a rear tire on the slip-on run LOL you have to be kidding me if that thought never occured. i am not calling the sato out in particular, i am saying any seller for that matter. tgis business is cutthroat and 2 hp makes the difference between big money and a flop so think about that, anybody who tells you they sell/make pipes for the sport and don't care about money is full of chit including me if it were me i would not even look at a makes graph for their pipes as you KNOW, yes KNOW it is going to be tops, why bother to look. I went and looked at independent graphs as i found i KNEW they had nothing to gain or lose if their findings. I know of a shop who did some RC51 dynos and custom maps with different pipes and they did not sell ANY of the exhaust to those customers so once again, unbiased. they showed and told me that all the slips they tested were so close it was negligable even with mapping except for the one full exhaust they did whicj DID make better power from around 6000 up over any of the slip-ons they tested.

I am completely happy with my choice of system even though it might not be the best, that term is relative IMO.

Spoken as a true man who can have an independant thought.
post #372 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
all the slips they tested were so close it was negligable even with mapping except for the one full exhaust they did which DID make better power from around 6000 up over any of the slip-ons they tested.
+1

Buy a slip-on for sound, price, quality and durability. Is one a "magic bullet"? Not likely ....

P.S. I run full Acra ... for the sound, power and, well, because the previous owner blew the coin to install them I do like the weight reduction, though.
post #373 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM

Wink Full Circle

Quote:
God,do not let me post my silly little chart again,what the hell is the best;the best is (in my limited and not so humble opinion)

When a epa pos powerband can be made DRAMATICALLY smoother and more rideable through the use of aftermarket parts and as Robert pointed out someones drive to optimise the parts and tuning parameters available.

What my point is [without opening the engine] this make and model changes for the better more drastically than the rest. ESPECIALLY when F.I.
allows for the use of quick and "free" maps that some hard working person developed V.S. a list of needles / jets / shims that are always on back order/ porting /polishing / blueprinting / balancing / trail and error / ASS DYNO / mebbie good tuning can get you !

Show me a deviation in HP or torque from any properly tuned rc [good cans proven map] that is beyond 2% and I'll let you ride mine

Except you CHRIS go get a map

WHIW I'm only reffering to stock bikes :twocents
I like my sato cans

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #374 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
Quote:
I like my sato cans
Just wait, I am getting my mids on friday and can't wait to see the dyno results before and after. I will have to post some pics of this one-off.

post #375 of 375 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 AM

Exclamation fuk*n' punk pay attn:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rc
Just wait, I am getting my mids on friday and can't wait to see the dyno results before and after. I will have to post some pics of this one-off.
IT'S ABUOT TIME CUB Speak to Thomas Tan @ YOSH call me if you cannot hook-up
Bring it elsewhere and whatever

"03 RC"
and a new litter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode