Yoshimura owners I need help - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Yoshimura owners I need help

I recieved my slip ons today and noticed that the baffle was in there so I try to remove and the top two bolts are tack welded in there the bootom two were also tacked but I managed to bust them out. Anyone have to deal with this? What route did you take to remove the bolts/baffle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Damn Asshat

pm irish aggression he just did this to his. wasnt to much of a problem from what i saw

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 03:49 PM

You must be talking about that Zyclone baffle edition. I wish Yoshimura never created that option because it causes some to have to remove those baffles, which is just more work and less play

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Dr. Carbon

Must be new cause my 00 has yosh's and the baffle is as wide as the exhaust outlet, you could fit a cucumber in there sideways.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Well it took some time but the old dremel knocked them out. All I can say is why Yoshi woulds want to keep this sound baffled Thanks for your replies
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 04:40 AM
Damn Asshat

yosh sells a street and off road version. the sound difference between irish's was night and day after he took his baffle out. it still does not have the bass mine does but it sounds better

04 RC51

|
|
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 04:22 PM

Their Zyclone series is their "street" system. The system with no baffle in it is considered their "race" system.

03 RC51
02 SV650S (sold)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

When I ordered the system it came as a "RACE" the box even said it on the side. So i dont know if it was mis packaged or what but I likey know Would yours sound more bassy cause it has some miles on it? Mine is extremely bassy now
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 04:12 PM
I speed up for corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by backlash
Their Zyclone series is their "street" system. The system with no baffle in it is considered their "race" system.
They all have baffles now..

Darktwang. You got the rc3-race zyclone system. Pretty good strategic marketing right? You can call yosh and try to order new baffles for 70 bucks (which i didnt end up doing) Or you can drill out all those rivets and chop the end of your baffle, like the last 2-3 inches of it. Roll some sheet metal around it to replace what you just hacked and 'viola' you have a new baffle. Either weld or rivet the new roll of sheet metal. IT takes a few hours.

what Fatboy has that i dont is that nice sound of compression in his system. Mine does sound a lil hollow, but im pretty sure is due a big loss of packing in the can that i just tossed in the process which i will be replacing in about a week anyways in hopes to gain that thumping compression back.

inbred sp1/sp2
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Darktwang That is a little juvenile dont you think However thanks for your reply.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Damn Asshat

he is very juvenile, you just have to bare with him. might even be on the slightly changed side of the mental scale

04 RC51

|
|
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I speed up for corners

hahaha. He's still new to the board he'll catch on

inbred sp1/sp2
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 09:40 PM

Ok so now I'm wondering about Yoshi's. They are supposed to be top notch, which with every other bike they seem to be but with the RC I have heard several stories to the contrary. I know I want Satos but they are pricey. With the Power Commander added on, it puts me at 1300-1400 bucks but I may just have to suck it up and stop being such a puss. Any one get a pair of low mount Sato's for less than a grand? Thanx
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00
Must be new cause my 00 has yosh's and the baffle is as wide as the exhaust outlet, you could fit a cucumber in there sideways.
LOL, thats big......
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Captain Obvious

Hey DarkTwin

I just installed a brand spanking new set of Yoshi's yesterday.
As delivered, mine did not appear to come with the street baffles installed. Nor did I find them anywhere in the packaging.

Attached is a pic of the end of the pipe. Is this what yours looked like after removing your baffles? Just a couple of threaded holes in the end-cap?

Ohhhhhh, man I like that sound. Get a woody every time I go out and start that beast.
Attached Images

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Thumbs up Cool Shop

I was @ their R&D facility a few weeks ago and 06 rc has the # for them. Thomas Tan can answer ANY questions you might have. [good peeps]

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 06:46 PM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfruth
I just installed a brand spanking new set of Yoshi's yesterday.
As delivered, mine did not appear to come with the street baffles installed. Nor did I find them anywhere in the packaging.
Those are Yoshimura, RS-3 Race baffled pipes. You can buy the baffles that install in them. I got mine at 58cycle.com. Mine only go in at inspection time. With the baffles in, it's almost as quiet as stock cans.......

Then they'll look like this:

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
Those are Yoshimura, RS-3 Race baffled pipes. You can buy the baffles that install in them. I got mine at 58cycle.com.
Would this be them, Dave

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:42 PM
RC51-less Member

Sure is.... I'd suggest going to Home Depot and getting regular allen bolts that have a better "shoulder", so you can drill and wire those bolts, or they'll vibrate out. The original ones suck for that, and I replaced them shortly afterwards, when I yanked the baffles out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfruth
Would this be them, Dave

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 01:43 AM

so does the yoshimura rs-3 stainless with carbon muffler for 02-06 come with these baffles?, i ended up getting these from a friend and that part that you guys are showing doesnt seem to be there but not sure. Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode