the green is dead and the yellow is born - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 AM

Reminds me of a yellow dune buggy with a fiberglass body a neighbor of mine had back when I was a kid. 70's yellow with flake. Not what I would do, but to each their own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I worked in a pet store and people would ask how big I would get.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Official Player Hater

Send a message via AIM to 06rc
its definately different.

post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 02:49 AM

Remonds me of that dune buggy that the Banana Splits drove, I think it had a bug engine, looked like shizzz, kinda like the tank pic....yuck.

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:19 AM

Iv'e liked all the Jordan bikes, but that Carolina Blue was definetely my favorite

Eric
01RC51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ

I have to say that I like the Jordan theme.......

The White /Black/Gold has some punch

I think he does some pretty good color themes

Saw this one at Barber last May

But I can't say I like this though

Baby just doesn't do it for me...........
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:17 AM

Kinda looks like a bowling ball. Looks good though, very original. But then again buying an RC-51 when everyone else has CBRs, GSXRs, or R#s, is also original. Now your extra original with your yellow flaked RC! IT LOOKS GOOD!

Check out
for RC51 Service Manuals and other helpful info!

Memphis Static's Old RC: 2004 rc51 sato low mounts, pcIIIusb, 15/41,flapper valve, air filter, gp shifting, hot bodies undertail, flushmount blinkers, matching tank guard....
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:26 AM

original is an understatement. thats just wild as hell.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM

Yep I knew it. Same scheme I had on my sweet ride.

post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

yeah baby

i dont care what the anyone says. i busted my ass on that flake job and guess what .... its tight as ****!!!!!!!! i strive to be different , havent i shown that before. any ways thanks to all that appreciate. your compliments make it all worth while. and if anyone needs the hook up on some wild ass paint let me know and ill do my best. i may not be the best but id get an A+ for effort and over all outcome. best thing was this whole paint job only cost me about 175.00 now who else can get one for that. only bad thing on the way home my front fender came off and i ran over it and damn thing stuck between my fork and my tire, tire is pretty much gone, and well as the picture shows so is the fender. any one have a descent one let me know. thanks again for those who can appreciate motivation and dedication from a beginner.

oh yeah this is actually micro flake not the regular bass boat. .004 vs .15 lots of difference
Attached Images

post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
...i busted my ass on that flake job and....

.......but couldn't come up with all the energy needed to install the fender with screws so I used zip-ties.....

CRA/CCS #666

"Everything I have, I'd give it all up right now...........for just a little bit MORE!!"
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

oh bladerunner . always the wise guy. im smart enough to paint but dumb enough to use zip ties, well there was a reason. i had no freaking bolts cause i lost them and they havent come in from the dealer. anyone can lose a bolt but can you paint? no, didnt think so. so i have to say thumbs down bro
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
oh bladerunner . always the wise guy. im smart enough to paint but dumb enough to use zip ties, well there was a reason. i had no freaking bolts cause i lost them and they havent come in from the dealer. anyone can lose a bolt but can you paint? no, didnt think so. so i have to say thumbs down bro
Not only can I paint, I also have the sense NOT to paint anything I own to look like my grand-dads fishing boat.

Here's the last thing I painted,...and I also know a few things about riding too! AND.......even though it's my racebike, I attached the fender with screws instead of zip-ties.

CRA/CCS #666

"Everything I have, I'd give it all up right now...........for just a little bit MORE!!"
post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
i finally laid the green to rest. i went with some metal flake yellow and will be keeping the honda theme, blk/yel. its a little blingy but all in all better than green. so as always there may be some one who doesnt like it but hey, tough shit right, its better than green, and no its not done yet still will be about a month before it gets the decals. i have to wait 2 weeks to color sand and put 2 more coats of clear on. to get that mile deep look, then the decals

DID I SAY I LIKE YELLOW???? AH YEAH
Oh wow I'm jealous I wish I no taste
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

bladerunner its so easy to paint a single non metalic color isnt it. try some flake or better yet a flake fade. thats what i thought
post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 03:56 AM

I'm curious. What kind of paint did you use and what flake did you use? I own a motorcycle paint & body shop and do stuff like that all the time. It may not be everyone's personal taste but the whole idea is to make it your own and personalize your bike to make it "fit" you. I'll have some pictures soon of the new paint job on my RC race bike which does include some House of Kolor mini flake. But as a very light addition over a candy base color. You'll like the yellow that I used for my number plates as it's very "sparkley" but without using flake
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 05:42 AM

Quote:
bladerunner its so easy to paint a single non metalic color isnt it. try some flake or better yet a flake fade. thats what i thought
Yeah it is easy to paint a single color paintjob. Its also easy to repair/repaint. Hello McFly, its a racebike.

I'm not interested in having my bike appear in Torque: Part II

CRA/CCS #666

post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Yeah it is easy to paint a single color paintjob. Its also easy to repair/repaint. He

your too cool for me dude........man i wish i was like you.........great come backs great paint job.........hell anyone would want to be you......how do you do it......please send me some tips......you can send them to [email protected]..... and oh yeah dumbass its not your bike its mine so why do you care what it looks like...
post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:36 AM

That is NOT funny. They had better not make a sequel of that crap. I don't think that I could take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner
Yeah it is easy to paint a single color paintjob. Its also easy to repair/repaint. Hello McFly, its a racebike.

I'm not interested in having my bike appear in Torque: Part II
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:47 AM
calculating status...

Quote:
its a little blingy

post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:01 AM
Gold Sponsor

not my thing but cool for the effort.

I can make you somke fiberglass mori fins if you like and you can paint them to match, let me know if you need some.

OH, i have a paint question for the paint guys here then. i had a mishap with my 30 and the side has some scratches in the clear i believe, do i just use like 220 and then clear the one area or do i have to do the whole panel?

I also want to do my RC51 and wonder if i should get glass bodywork to paint or strip the decals off my stock plastics and use them, any suggestions?

sorry forthe thread jack

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:54 AM
JZ

Wet sand by hand with 400 and then clear to fill scratches. It may take 2-3 coats with wet between drying . Get progressivly wider as you fill then wet sand and clear the whole panel. Blending with the clear is possible but this method will give the best overall result.

As for the RC 51.
Use a heat gun to remove decals... They tend to pop while cooling. So, warm the decals and peel. You'll get 2-3" per cycle but they will come off pretty clean. Clean off excess adhesive with mineral spirits. Once clean prep panels buy wet sanding with 320 paper. Wipe panels with mineral spirits and allow to dry prior to base. Not reducer or lacquer thinner as this may start to lift the paint. If yor going to shoot a similiar or darker color, you can shoot directly onto the honda color. If your going lighter it's best to prime with white primer as it will give a brighter base. 2-3 passes with wet sand between (400).

Clear..........with wet sanding between. Decals---> 24hr.s off gassing
last clear wet sand with 2000 until satin smooth. remove all imperfections
Polish...........polish........polish

If it's race paint then prep base ....mix up single stage color...........run with gun in one hand ....coffee in other...ignore dust,hair,insects,finger prints,runs,sags, fish eyes, orange peel, blushing, overspray and thin spots----------> done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode