Off throttle popping. - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
BAMF

Send a message via AIM to ARAImissle
Off throttle popping.

I have an 02' RC, running low mount racing Leo Vince slipons and a PC III USB with DK's low mount Sato map as thats what research here lead me too as the best map for those pipes. Others said possibly trying to the low mount Marwaki map as well, but that was too lean and the bike ran alittle warm. Anyhow, the bike feels great, throttle response is nice and crisp, but its poppin alot on decel and off throttle. Its PAIR system is gone, as well as the flapper, with no airbox mods and stock filters. Is it just a touch rich and popping as the fuel burns off. Is this OK, just less than desirable, or something i can fix? Thanks for any insight.

2002 RC51 track
1995 916
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 PM

Well I was already with the "mine does that even more now too" reply since I changed from the Moriwaki map to the low Sato DK map on my Yoshimura equipped 03, but you threw a curve ball with the fact that your PAIR stuff has been removed. I have heard that some popping will occur with that PAIR system removed but it should not be acting as if you never removed it. The only time I ever got popping on decel with my 00 RC that does have all the free mods done to it was when the rear exhaust bolts started backing out. Those were bike shaking violent pops much different than the normal ones. More like a backfire I would say. If your symptoms don't replicate mine then I say change the map back and see if it changes again. If it does, then chances are that DK map is a bit rich in some areas and the unburned gases are getting burned up in the exhaust headers, creating the popping. Only thing I can think of at this time.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
BAMF

Yeah, thats pretty much Im thinking ya know, like the obvious un brunt fuel thing. I might but the morawki map back on for shits and gigles and see, but it did seem to run warmer to me. I mean, its def popping but nothing real bad. I dont really mind it, but its just enough to know the a/f is a touch off. Other than that it feels great. It could use some new plugs too, so Im gonna switch them out as well. I downloaded the accelerator pump app today at work too, put that on as too.

Sorry bout the curve ball, next time im bringing "the heater"!!!

2002 RC51 track
1995 916

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
BAMF

Also, i bought the bike with the pair already gone so im not sure even what a Paired RC feels/sounds like.

2002 RC51 track
1995 916
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 PM

Let it pop and ride with the Harley crowd...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode