water in the gas tank - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 60
Question water in the gas tank

every time it rains i get water in the gas. it turns a milk looking color. three times it has left me stranded. i checked my drains and overflow tubes all ok. someone mentioned that it maybe the gas cap. seal looks fine , i have a spare to put on incase. has anyone seen this before. i hear that honda had problems with the tank but cant verify it only rumors. some one please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Gold Sponsor
 
CBR400RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,333
The gas tank problem was on the early SP1 I think and they leaked gas from a weld or something, but I never heard of them getting water in the tank.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CBR400RR is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
bladerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Is this heaven, no its Iowa.
Posts: 1,955
I smell a TROLL............

CRA/CCS #666

"Everything I have, I'd give it all up right now...........for just a little bit MORE!!"
bladerunner is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
RC51-less Member
 
Rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
every time it rains i get water in the gas. it turns a milk looking color. three times it has left me stranded. i checked my drains and overflow tubes all ok. someone mentioned that it maybe the gas cap. seal looks fine , i have a spare to put on incase. has anyone seen this before. i hear that honda had problems with the tank but cant verify it only rumors. some one please help me.
Water in your tank doesn't turn it a "milky" color. It doesn't even mix with the fuel and it settles to the bottom.

Sounds like someones either ****ing with you, or jerking off in your gas tank......

Perhaps this explains you inability to pull 3rd gear wheelies............

_____________________________________________

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
Rigor is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:33 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,504
Doh! Slam....forehead on the table!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
Water in your tank doesn't turn it a "milky" color. It doesn't even mix with the fuel and it settles to the bottom.

Sounds like someones either ****ing with you, or jerking off in your gas tank......

Perhaps this explains you inability to pull 3rd gear wheelies............
beaugator is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 164
My tank had a huge milky blob in it... water could be the only explaination....
If that's not it?? what could that huge milky blob be? Nobody put anything in my tank..
danniedavis is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Worcester , MA
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by danniedavis
My tank had a huge milky blob in it... water could be the only explaination....
If that's not it?? what could that huge milky blob be? Nobody put anything in my tank..
I wouldn't touch that statement with a 10 foot pole...
old timer is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Official Player Hater
 
06rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,299
Send a message via AIM to 06rc
did your bike ever sit for a long time (longer than 6 months) without being started?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06rc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome