Trailering Q - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
RC51-less Member

Trailering Q

Has anyone put 2 bikes in an enclosed 5' x 8' trailer??

The internal space is 5' wide between the walls (not less the walls) and closer to 8.5' in depth.

I'm imagining that with Baxley chocks, it could be done. (E-track is installed)

Any help is appreciated.

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Full Spectrum

It can be done for sure, but it will be close.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 09:29 PM

I barely pull it off with my 6X10. The handle bars between the two bikes almost hit if they weren't staggered a bit. And the outer handlebars don't have much clearance to brag about either. The only way you will pull this off is if you stagger them... one chalks in a foot or so more forward than the other because the real issue is the width of the handlebars. Side by side... no way. Staggered a bit... you have a shot. Bikes are typically 6 feet long so you might be able to find a way to chalk one all the way forward and then the other needs to be chalked so that the rear tire nearly touches the rear door of the trailer. I have seen bikes go opposite directions of each other, but it will require a good chalk system. Good luck, I hope you pull it off

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 09:44 PM

In my 6x12 trailer I have both chocks side by side (not staggered). I've had both of my RC's in the trailer with no clearance issues. It's all in the measurement and placement of the chocks. I even have enough room between the bars to squeeze between them to get from the front to the back of the trailer...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 PM

You saw that ad too eh?

I think it becomes more possible (roomier) if you back one in, otherwise they may hit one another.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Enormous Member

Totaly do-able. I built my own wheel chocks and used the exact trailer you are asking about. both bikes sit in it facing forward and never touch a dang thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2pilot
Totaly do-able. I built my own wheel chocks and used the exact trailer you are asking about. both bikes sit in it facing forward and never touch a dang thing

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Meatball's Dad

Why not?

Dave
I just sold my 4'x8' open trailer, I got my TLR and my RC51 on the trailer with no part of either bike hanging off. At the very worst, the sport chocks would have to be staggered a couple inches to keep the ends of the handle bars from coming into contact.

pictured here are my TLR and Dan's Daytona 675.
I am picking up a used 6x12 V-Nose trailer after next months trip to Beaverun. I also purchased an 05 Durango LTD today, should be ready to tow in time for next month's trip.
Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:09 PM

Actually Ken is right and it also helped jog my memory, many yrs ago I had my RC and a 996 in the back of my p/u without any issues, which is roughly 4x8.

Ken you going to Beaver on the 23/24?

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Meatball's Dad

Yes

I will be there, confirmed for both days. I signed up for PT on the 23rd with Glen. I thought the smoothness of the layout at Beaverun would be perfect for getting in some instruction.

I bought a new (used) truck, picking it up today. 05 Durango LTD. I have an enclosed 6x12 traielr lined up for after Beaverun. Guys I am buying it from are using it that weekend as well. Taking it from them afterwards.

Going? Where are you staying?
Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:55 PM

Yes and I dont know yet. Ill also be at the FUSA on the 14th.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode