HRC reservoir covers - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

HRC reservoir covers

Anybody know where i can purchase a set of Genuine HRC reservoir covers from?? All i can find are the fake EBAY ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:09 PM

I know U can get them on www.rc51.org
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
LDH

Send a message via AIM to LDH Send a message via MSN to LDH Send a message via Yahoo to LDH
I've owned a couple sets of genuine HRC covers. They are almost impossible to get & you can tell the real ones because the "HRC" is actually on a piece of thin fabric with a very fine almost silken type weave in itinstead of an embroidery type coarse thread stitch.

I might even have a few pics of to show the difference in the real ones versus the knock-offs I'll have to check & see.

The ones Mark sells though are damn good quality even if they aren't original. I've been using his for the last several years http://www.trademarkmotorsports.com/hrc-covers.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks LDH!!! Actually those are the ones i am looking for from trademarkmotorsports.com. At least those are embroidered. The ones that are on ebay right now are fugly. It looks like a wristband with HRC stamped on it really huge.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 03:59 AM

Dumb newbie question...what are these for? I've seen them on race bikes and never knew. Are they to keep sunlight off the fluid (that CANT deteriorate it) or just to absorb vibration to keep it from foaming? Please be gentile with the flames

'04 RC-51

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:28 AM
LDH

Send a message via AIM to LDH Send a message via MSN to LDH Send a message via Yahoo to LDH
They serve two functions (well 3 actually)

1. They help absorb spillage in the event of a crash (brake fluid is slicker than snot when it gets on the track)

2. When you do a lot of track laps it is not uncommon to change or top off your brake fluid regularly. When you do this you get a residue of fluid around the cup lip & lid. At speed the low pressure air behind the windscreen causes a vacuum & sucks tiny droplets of the fluid up onto the windscreen & the fluid immediately mars the plastic making it look cloudy.

3. They look ****in cool

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Gold Sponsor

Also the UV rays from the sun can brake down the fluid and the reservoir making the reservoir dry and brittle which will turn it from clear to a yellow or chalky white.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 AM
LDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR400RR
Also the UV rays from the sun can brake down the fluid and the reservoir making the reservoir dry and brittle which will turn it from clear to a yellow or chalky white.
coughbullshitcough

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 06:16 AM
Currently: Moderating

Racer magazine recently asked a Graves wrench about them and he said they do absolutely nothing.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH
coughbullshitcough
And you know this for a fact that UV rays don't break down plastics haven't you ever seen any plastic that has been left un covered in the sun, it starts to dry rot. I have seen it on a lot of bikes that sit in the sun a lot.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
LDH

I was actually referring more to the idea that sunlight breaks down brake fluid...

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Clone

I think scott meant the combo of heat and sun and brake fluid take a toll on the part over time. I'll stick my master in the oven tonight to see how it holds up!

Champions Honda Kawasaki

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode