Transfering a loan payment - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Transfering a loan payment

How do I go about transfering my bike loan payment form my name to my friends name? Any help would be great. He is just going to take over my payments and give me what I have paid so far. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Tough Crowd Racing #167

Send a message via MSN to Rookie Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie
call your bank and ask them. why as all the psuedo experts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tough Crowd Racing - Odd Racers in an Even world
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:18 PM
JZ

It may not be transferrable. Most loans...........especially for materially secured loans, stipulate that the loan must be paid in full if the item is to be transferred (sold).
It'll be on your sales contract
I've heard of "Bill of sales" written leaving the loan holder as the new lien holder (2nd posistion) and the new owner pays until the commitment fulfilled. No problems. Bike stays registered to you though... But, if the unforeseen happens........ crash......stolen....failure to pay....skips town....felony fleeing........

Your best bet is to call the lien holder (bank) and ask them directly. If it can be done then, they'll provide all the details so that it can be done quickly and legally. Generally requires a credit check and paperwork........ BAnks would charge for breathing in the bank if they could so be prepared for additional fees...
If you forego them and something should happen to the bike or buddy. You can be held liable.
Lawyers will tell their clients............. "we're not sueing your friend, we're sueing the insurance company....."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ
It may not be transferrable. Most loans...........especially for materially secured loans, stipulate that the loan must be paid in full if the item is to be transferred (sold).
It'll be on your sales contract
I've heard of "Bill of sales" written leaving the loan holder as the new lien holder (2nd posistion) and the new owner pays until the commitment fulfilled. No problems. Bike stays registered to you though... But, if the unforeseen happens........ crash......stolen....failure to pay....skips town....felony fleeing........

Your best bet is to call the lien holder (bank) and ask them directly. If it can be done then, they'll provide all the details so that it can be done quickly and legally. Generally requires a credit check and paperwork........ BAnks would charge for breathing in the bank if they could so be prepared for additional fees...
If you forego them and something should happen to the bike or buddy. You can be held liable.
Lawyers will tell their clients............. "we're not sueing your friend, we're sueing the insurance company....."

exactly

If your buyer doesn't have the cash to pay for the bike, he'll need to look into financing. To put it in short, they give you the money to pay off your lien. Your lienholder transfers title to you, and then you sign it over to the purchaser.

When banks are concerned, there might be a prepayment penalty if you still within the first year or two of your commitment, but it will be minute, something like $35 or so. Other than that, there are no other fees, at least at my institution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RC51 and Duc 748: Twins Rule!!!

Last edited by twinphil; 08-28-2006 at 03:14 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuby39
How do I go about transfering my bike loan payment form my name to my friends name? Any help would be great. He is just going to take over my payments and give me what I have paid so far. Thanks for your time.
Have your friend send me the monthly payment. I'll take care of everything.

No, really. I will.

See your bank.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:56 PM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ
Unless the load is joint with a spouse. It's a secure loan and the lein will have to be satisfied before transfer of title is allowed.

If he can assume a loan, he can get one. Either way, a financial background will be done and have to be approved.

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.....I'll let you know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode