Daytona gearing? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Daytona gearing?

Who's ran at Daytona with the new configuration? What gearing did you use and how did it work? Anything else special that you used there? I have run there many times on the old track but I don't know where you make your time up on the new track. How much gear can you pull there with limited engine mods? I was thinking 15/40 maybe...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to thatkindasux
Thumbs up

i think the "new" section is in the infield where the dogleg is, i think if i remember correctly(if its the same they used last year) it makes a right just before or after the dogleg, quick right - left or something then onto the banking.

i can ask some local guys what numbers they run on a 51, ill see what i can come up with, it might take a week before i can start getting some answers.

I'll see if i can find some umbrella girls for you!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Sweet... thanks M8!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:17 AM

I rode Daytona last year and found that 16/40 (Stock gearing) worked out fine. You just have to ring its' neck becuase it's such a big track. And to be able to do decent on the banking you'll need the top end. The infield will be tricky but remember you'll use only the short banking. The decreasing radius left-hander is the trickies since there is no quick way to go thru there and it's somewhat blind. It's soooo flat you won't notice it until you're right on on top of it. You'll have to trust your tires when you find yourself fling it in hard left then picking it to thr right that follows. Word of the wise. Daytona is no place for the RC on GTO. You'll get blown away on the banking like you're standing still. So stick to Supertwins and have fun.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Full Spectrum

15/39

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

I just found out that the ROC races will be on the old configuration with the exception of the west end infield will use the new pavement put down for the 200 course. 15/39 sounds like it might work out good. Thanks for the info guys!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to thatkindasux
15/39, 15/40, 180 tire seems to be the common word
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks TKS! I'll bring both 39 and 40 then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode