FI Light problems - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

FI Light problems

I shorted it out and got a barametric sensor(Code 10) I reset it and it came back. It seems it only comes on when it is hot or humid out. My pcII is connected to the battery so I took it off, sanded it, and reconnected it. I also checked to connection on the sensor it self and it seemed ok. No light for a little bit, but then it came back about a day later. Today it came on I reset it and then went for a quick ride and it came back really quick. I stopped for KFC and rode home and yet the light was off. If the sensor is bad, is it erratic like I described? Is it worth replacing? Where is the best place to get one?

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:08 AM

Get a multimeter, set it for DC voltage. Turn the ignition off, and disconnect the 3 pin connector on the baro sensor.

Turn the ignition on. Measure the voltage on the bike side connection; yellow/red wire to a chassis ground. It should be 4.75 to 5.25 volts.

No voltage= open or short circuit in the Yellow/red wire, or it's a loose or poorly connected grey connector on the ECM.

If you don't have a service manual I can continue on after you tell me what that voltage is. If you do have a service manual go to page 5-25 and folow the procedure yourself.
Hoov.

Hoov.
CRA # 200
Thankfully sponsored by;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode