Anyone take an RV to the track - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
GSP

Anyone take an RV to the track

I found an awsome deal on an RV and thought it would be a good way to get to the track and save on hotel rooms....I've never been to a trackday but plan on track riding only next year.....first Q i guess would be is there anywhere to hook up at most tracks........just seems better than putting a ton of miles on my every day car.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:14 AM

Are we talking an RV bus/camper or a tow behind?

One of the guys in my trackday group has a toyhauler or similiar tow behind and loves it. Actually I should say WE love it!

Nothing nicer than being able to grill our own lunches if we want to, having a frig, couch and tv to watch our onboard vids.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I speed up for corners

i see people take Rv's to the track all the time.

inbred sp1/sp2

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 AM

Rv's are an awsome track bonus. but there are downsides as they have a hard time as it is (power wise) and with a trailer loaded there maxed out at least if its gas powered , Gas Prices, and 80k on a rv is potential for motor trany. that said i just got back (month or two ) ago from a 4 month rv trip in a 1972 RV with a 6x10 enclosed full of 3 bikes. I know almost every napa between portland OR and Phoenix Az.. sacremento napa rocks

B
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Silver and Black Attack!

Anyone take an RV to the track

Oh, I thought you meant ON the track

~Jeff

2003 RC51 street bike
1993 VFR750F commuter bike
2003 CRF50 pit bike
1996/98 Honda RS250R race bike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
GSP

yeah, it's a van style RV...... It's been in my bestfriends family since new and only has 17,000 miles(it's an 86 model) .......his mom hasn't used it in about 4 years so it's just sat in the drive way......she only wants $500 for it so i figured i'd check and see if it would be worth having.....i'll buy it if it would be usefull for trackdays and maybe racing....kinda worry about MPG though it's a Dodge van with a 360.........
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP
kinda worry about MPG though it's a Dodge van with a 360.........
That motor/tranny/gearing combo is close to 1:1 meaning it gets about 1 mile per gallon .

I think it would be cool to have but just look at all the cost...ie...insurnace, gas, break downs, still need a trailer for the bikes, etc. I have a small tent that fits in the bed of my truck. I have often thought about taking that to the track instead of a hotel room. I am not sure....I like the nice air conditioned room on a hot night, quiet room, TV, cable, sometimes comfy bed, good breakfast, hot shower in the morning, evercies room.

I guess the last question I would ask myself is will I always need the RV? Will you always be sleeping over? Half my track days this year have been a one day thing - albeit a long drive - I still wasnt staying over.

Just somethings to think about.

Track - 2003 Honda 600rr
Dirt - 2005 CRF 450
2005 CRF 50 - "for the kids"
NESBA #77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode