what should i bring for my 1st Track day - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

what should i bring for my 1st Track day

Rigor had given me a list like chairs gas and some refreshments but what else you guys suggest i should bring to pocono ( besides pot hole fill ) lol

oh and funny comments are encouraged as long as you give some real good ones

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Celebrating Family Guy's 100th episode
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:07 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarVetRC
Rigor had given me a list like chairs, gas and some refreshments......
You make it sound like I gave you the "Death Row, Gas Chamber kit" list.........

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

im glad you replied man.. im sorry.. i erased the note you sent me...

Im sorry all mighty one...

by the way what are the odds of you attending sept 22nd it would be nice support if i see you there

i felt stupid PM'n and i didnt see you signed on....

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:31 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
by the way what are the odds of you attending sept 22nd it would be nice support if i see you there....
I work that day, and I have some stuff coming up that week at work, that I can't bag out of........ Sorry 'bout that, or I'd be there. I'm at pocono this week (25th) and Sept 9th.

Here's my list again:

5 gal extra fuel
tools
Chair to sit and relax
leathers
gloves
boots
helmet
windex and papertowels (to clean helmet face shield)
spare clothes (dry for ride home)
Emergency contact info. (Friend if possible)
tape for lenses
air PSI guage
air tank
tire warmers
extension cord
generator
bike stands
nylon ties
refreshments/food (keep it light. plenty of water and some gatorade)
spare key for bike
money
spare brake/clutch levers
motor oil
chain lube
safety wire
duct tape
EZ-UP tent
piece of carpeting, to avoid laying/working in stones/gravel

leave ego at home.....

most importantly, get sleep the night before (yeah, right) hydrate starting the day before, and avoid alcohol starting 2 days before, listen to the coaches and have fun.

PS: I'm no more *almighty* than anyone else here. I love to help out. Glad to help, Dave.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

Rigor are you a democrat or a republican... cuz i would vote for you man... thanks a million... ill take pix to show you..

one more thing .. my bike has the number 69 on the tail.. is that going to be a problem with the ART basic course instructors?

if it makes me look gay im gonna take it off... be honest...

oh and trust me .. i left my ego in the helicopter that took me to the hospital after i highsided on june 13th

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:02 AM

Don't forget a nice big electric box fan to put in front of your chair to cool you off after each session...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

hahaha thanks walt how about a girl waving a big leaf?

damm i dream too much

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:21 AM

A divorce attorney, because you'll want to trade everything you own to keep doing them. My wife thought it was good idea, until I started schemeing on how to get my track only bike together. Now I got two RC's (well almost) and she probably wishes I never started.

Nemo
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:25 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Rigor are you a democrat or a republican... cuz i would vote for you man... thanks a million... ill take pix to show you..

one more thing .. my bike has the number 69 on the tail.. is that going to be a problem with the ART basic course instructors?

if it makes me look gay im gonna take it off... be honest...

oh and trust me .. i left my ego in the helicopter that took me to the hospital after i highsided on june 13th
Gay? Nah..... the skinny guy with the red hot pants and tied off shirt showing his belly, holding an umbrella over you at pit-out is what makes you look gay..........

Just cover it with blue painter's tape. You don't have to remove it. It's my experience that coaches treat you by how you handle yourself and respond to them, not how your bike looks. TPM doesn;t require numbers unless you run the GO series during the year. I also run with NESBA, so my bike's numers are there for them.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

hahaha your so right nemo

Rigor thanks again for your help man.....do you have any belly shirts maybe ill have you come pit with me

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:32 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:

Rigor thanks again for your help man.....do you have any belly shirts maybe ill have you come pit with me
I'd make a terrible umbrella girl.............. I sweat too much. I'll mark this on my calander, and if my schedule changes, I'll come up. I'll PM you before hand, Dave.

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

thank you sir it means alot..

me and 3 other rookies are going to be there ...

and ill let you in a lil secret... im the smartest/fastest outta the group and i aint even that good.. so you know we need help hahahaha

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Meatball's Dad

When will you be at Pocono?

I will be at Pocono on the 26th for the West course. What date will you be there?
Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Fall once get up twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycstripes
I will be at Pocono on the 26th for the West course. What date will you be there?
Ken

i will be there sept 22nd... im going for ART school...

Ive seen the map on the west course... wasnt to thrilled.. have you seen it?

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:00 AM

I hear West is better the East.

I have done East a couple times - its a wee bit technical. Dont forget to stretch, warm both the bike and your body up and if you are starting to feel some fatigue dont be afraid to back off a bit. Lastly, this is not a race, its an organized track day. Not only leave the ego at the gate but you may want to leave some testosterone there as well. Lots of "good fluids", light lunch, snack throughout the day and stretch again after lunch and all should be fine. Oh and dont forget to have a blast!!

Track - 2003 Honda 600rr
Dirt - 2005 CRF 450
2005 CRF 50 - "for the kids"
NESBA #77
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Meatball's Dad

Pocono West is a good layout. Less bumpy than the East since the cars have been taking their toll on the road surface there. I am sure that will change with more car clubs doing the West layout now.

As the others have said, have a great time. I remember doing ART Basic and I had a hard time getting the smile off my face.

Also, there's showers there at Pocono. I always bring a change of clothes so I can shower off and drive home in fresh clothes with a hot cup of coffee. Also bring Advil or something similar, helps to get a couple of those in before the ride home...I am 39 and arthritic already. Old injuries nag you at the end of a hot track day.

There's a WAWA convenience store 1 mile north of the I80 exit for Pocono , I suggest gassing up and getting coffee and such there before heading into Pocono, never a guarantee that the snack shop will open for track events.

Ken

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
”Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”- Ben Stein

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm an Alcoholic... YAY!!

Send a message via AIM to heavyzee Send a message via Yahoo to heavyzee
any events on the weekend of 9-4 at pocano...

i will be back home for the weekend, and would like to come meet some fellow RC ryders. naturally i won't have a bike, but can drive to pocano....
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Dave see's dead people

hey now.... rigor is MY pit bitch....get it straight.

22nd huh.... i'll be up there on the 14th... its a thursday but the only way im running pocono anymore is if its the BIG ROUGH POT HOLE FILLED HELL HOLE OF A TRACK.

04 rc, Sato Banzai, mori FF, Ducts, Sato Rearsets, PCIII, Galfer Lines, and a kick ass camera from HELMETCAMERA.com.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUTZO51
22nd huh.... i'll be up there on the 14th... its a thursday but the only way im running pocono anymore is if its the BIG ROUGH POT HOLE FILLED HELL HOLE OF A TRACK.
Motcross on macadam, baby........................!!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Infrequent Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
Motcross on macadam, baby........................!!
On that crazy pit-bike?

See you there on Sept 9 & 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode