My first virgin mods - go easy on me - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

If you have a friend who is going to sell some rims that will work on this bike and save weight, count me in right away. Thanks.

Is there a member here who deals in slip ons and these other mods, or do I just hunt in the classified section or ebay?

priority now is - 520 mod, wheels, link, slip ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Enzo
If you have a friend who is going to sell some rims that will work on this bike and save weight, count me in right away. Thanks.

Is there a member here who deals in slip ons and these other mods, or do I just hunt in the classified section or ebay?

priority now is - 520 mod, wheels, link, slip ons

You should really browse the classifieds as most of your questions above would have been answered already. Check ebay for the 520 conversion, as i posted the auction number for you. I rarely see a package deal like that, so jump on it. I'll put you in touch with the guy about the rims. I sent him an email to confirm if he was selling or keeping. Slip ons can be found here or ebay. If you want new i'd suggest supporting out site sponsors and contact cbr400rr for prices. He's a great guy and usually has the best prices. For the link i'm a little biased....go to the classified and you will see why.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

OK, thanks. I put a bid for the chain set on ebay. Now I will wait to hear about wheels, and also, if anyone has a set of slip-ons, I am looking for a pair.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Varium,

I saw your link ad in the classifieds. Could you tell me a little more about what I would notice as a difference in riding the bike with a new link? I don't go to the track, but I do like the twisties. I'm wondering if this would load up the front wheel more than it was designed for - safety-wise. Does the changed geometry make the bike feel lighter and more flickable? Again, is this safe?
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 05:02 PM

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Enzo
Varium,

I saw your link ad in the classifieds. Could you tell me a little more about what I would notice as a difference in riding the bike with a new link? I don't go to the track, but I do like the twisties. I'm wondering if this would load up the front wheel more than it was designed for - safety-wise. Does the changed geometry make the bike feel lighter and more flickable? Again, is this safe?
Just give me a call (619) 444-9325 I can get you a discount on anything you need for your bike and also offer tec help too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks 'Scott?' I'll be calling you soon about slip ons. So, for now, these are the mods I've settled on:

link - although I'm not quite sure what this will do for the bike etc. but everybody thinks it is a positive change.

15/41 change over

slip ons

wheels

I also have to solve my heavy clutch problem with maybe new springs, new fluids and new lines (galfer).

Basically, I was riding a 916 last week and loved the tight, light comfortable feeling I got from it. We have more power, but I have to change the 'feel' characteristics of my bike.....and, maybe add some more easy grunt.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Gold Sponsor

To solve the clutch problem I installed a Brembo 16X18 billet radial clutch master cylinder and it makes using the clutch super easy even with 1 finger and I can get a great deal on them too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

My people will be contacting your people very soon.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
BAMF

Send a message via AIM to ARAImissle
phukaduc is on to the goods, just exercise yourself! Dont be bias on just one forearm though, spread the love to both. Cheaper than clutch work.

2002 RC51 track
1995 916
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:15 PM

I think you'll like the gearing change, it was the cheapest thing that I felt made the most difference. I picked up the speedo recal (Ahlman's) and it has worked real well. I picked up some 2/1 Jardines, they were super cheap ($350 at the time) and dropped a lot of weight (like 20lbs according to the advertisment) but not the most powerful by far (and they blow packing out like crazy needing repacked every 3k miles). As far as rideability I think the Powercommander made a nice difference, loaded a good map and alot of the "On-Off" throttle stuff went away but it was also fairly expensive. I have yet to do the battery mod, when the snow starts flying I will probably do that. I would LOVE to get some new rims, but I'm going to have to fall into some good money to do that. I got my second RC in race shape, thats were the rims would probably go anyhow.

Nemo
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

I'm still very curious about this 'link' thing and what exactly it does for feel and ride. If anybody has feedback on that, I would appreciate it.

I also saw from Rogue that you can simply disconnect some hose for the 'flapper' mod. Does this really make a noticable difference? Seems like something even I could do. Do you have to take the tank off or something to reach it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode