honda card anyone?? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
you're not Irish...

Send a message via Yahoo to Dansrc51
Hey man listen, it's like this. These guys aren't just talking to hear thier own voices. Honestly, I went through the same exact thing as you, except I listened and bought a 600f4 for my first bike, which was significantly cheaper then a 1000. And once you have gone through basic training you will be eligible to join USAA wich is a military insurance company only and it will save you a fortune in insurance costs. Trust me, I have shopped around and I literally saw my payments go from 200 dollars a month to 40 a month, plus I completed the motorcycle saftey foundation course, got my license (have you done that yet) and worked to get and maintain a clean record before I even considered buying a 1000cc bike. We all want to see another rider, what's good for the sport is good for us, we just want to see you survive to enjoy it once your as old as some of these board members......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revs2ninegrand
so how did that work, did they make sure you had insurance before you left the dealer, or did they send a letter??

yes they had to see the binder before i could even sign the papers. i know what your thinkin man and your still thinking it. if you want to just get liability insurance or no insurance, save your money and buy and older bike, and please dont drive on the same streets as me with no insurance. I used to be young as you and live in the moment and go for what i want without thinking of consequences. the only thing ive learned at my age is to learn from others. good luck man. be safe.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Ridgid Member

I am going to have to agree with most of the other guys on here. Make the insurance premium the main factor when you are shopping for a bike. If you cant afford full coverage on the shiny new 1000 look for what you can afford the coverage on.

I moved from Ft Walton Beach FL. to Fayettenam NC last year. I called to x-fer my insurance after the move and my premium was going to go from $80 a month to $6000 a year. No tickets no accidents no nothing simply because of location. This was with the same insurance company that I had had full coverage on my bike with for the past 2 years. I called around and found some much more reasonable...dont get me wrong it still kinda hurts my feelings but I was seriously considering selling my bike because I couldnt afford the full coverage.

So shop around the rates may not be as bad as you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode