Whats your RC51 look like??? - Page 53 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1041 of 1752 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
nice bike, couple of ?'s

What engine mods do you have to go with your exhaust?

Also, does your rear shock remote reservoir overheat being so close to the pipes?
Thanks for your comment MRGRN?
You do seem to have a short memory. I've answered the above questions at least twice already, both here & on www.rc51forums.com but in case you forgot let it make it clear for you once more:

This exhaust does NOT cause loss of power on an engine with standard internals (I recently had to change to standard exhaust for gov. inspection and it felt noticably less powerful with the std. one back on). The bike runs a PC III and Turnone carbon snorkel & airbox.

Titanium doesn't conduct / retain as much as say stainless steel. The reservoir is far enough away it doesn't soak exhaust heat. There's about 1cm distance between the reservoir body and the edge of the circumference of the exhaust.

The pictures b.miller123 has kindly posted above have more than a passing resemblance to one of your premium quality products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1042 of 1752 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:27 PM
The cake is a LIE!

Nice looking bikes, and plenty of mods to dream about for my modest 2004:

Griff
twoeleven
post #1043 of 1752 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post

Griff
twoeleven
Welcome aboard...what a clean and tidy ride you have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum

post #1044 of 1752 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Big Thymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newera View Post

Just a beautiful bike!

post #1045 of 1752 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 AM

Thumbs up 2004

Thats one clean machine.......welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post

Griff
twoeleven
post #1046 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Old School

Update with Sato, Thorsten and Braille Battery bits

I was unhappy with the position and look of the Brembo reservoir mounts, so I finally got some Sato bendy brackets to clean that up. While I was at it, I added a set of their bar weights. The new reservoir position means that I was able to raise the clipons without the reservoirs fouling the fairing brace, and also rotate them forward a bit to get back to full lock on the steering. It was one of those domino effect kind of victories...

Since the system was almost empty, I rebuilt the calipers with fresh seals and upgraded the brake fluid from Endless RF650 to Brembo HTC64. The Endless had great lever feel, but the HTC is even better.
For no real reason at all, I added a rear brake master cylinder return spring...

Also, I installed my Thorsten sliders and a Braille G9L Lithium battery, both of which I am very happy with.

That's it for now... Running out of small things to do, might have to go big again.

"To do something well is so worthwhile
that to die trying to do it better cannot
be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life
to do nothing with ones ability, for I feel
that life is measured in acheivement,
not in years alone" -Bruce McLaren

Last edited by Gashouse_SP2; 10-08-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: damn pics
post #1047 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to RC51Stunna
WOW, that looks GORGEOUS! The renthal clip-ons look amazing, you should post some side views of them.

Where did you get the green front brake and clutch reservoir tubing?
Looks a little bit darker from the HRC stuff, also what is the curved coil that is stuffed down in there?
Oh ya and what kind of windscreen fasteners are those? Never seen anything like that.

Stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashouse_SP2 View Post
I was unhappy with the position and look of the Brembo reservoir mounts, so I finally got some Sato bendy brackets to clean that up. While I was at it, I added a set of their bar weights. The new reservoir position means that I was able to raise the clipons without the reservoirs fouling the fairing brace, and also rotate them forward a bit to get back to full lock on the steering. It was one of those domino effect kind of victories...

Since the system was almost empty, I rebuilt the calipers with fresh seals and upgraded the brake fluid from Endless RF650 to Brembo HTC64. The Endless had great lever feel, but the HTC is even better.
For no real reason at all, I added a rear brake master cylinder return spring...

Also, I installed my Thorsten sliders and a Braille G9L Lithium battery, both of which I am very happy with.

That's it for now... Running out of small things to do, might have to go big again.

post #1048 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Old School

Thanks for the kind words. The bar is set pretty damn high at 'Zilla, so I am just trying to keep up.

The tubing I ordered from McMaster-Carr. As they sell virtually everything on earth, they have clear tubing in as many variations as you can imagine.

McMaster-Carr (block out a couple of hours your first time on McMaster. You will be late for dinner...)

The tubing I used here will sweat just a bit, but I don't mind that. The fluid inlet port on the RCS masters is a 90 degree barb, so the tube needs to bend back on itself to get to the reservoir. I just put a 1/4" extension spring inside to keep it from kinking (thanks Home Depot).

I converted the bodywork fasteners (with the exception of the tail section bolts) to "Camlock". I prefer them to Dzus style, as they are a much tidier install than Dzus, and come in a ton of configurations. I get mine from a company called Skybolt, as Skybolt make them in aluminum instead of steel, but also have them in stainless and cad-plated as well.

Front shot:

The Renthals are awesome with all of the index marks. Unbeleivably high quality, as you would expect. I posted some pics of them before when I installed them, but here are a couple more. Note these are with the old reservoir mounts. Yuck.

This one is with the bendybrackets:

Lastly, a gratuitous side view to show it as it sits today:

They are never done, are they!

post #1049 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:13 PM

^^^ your bike is awesome!
post #1050 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Old School

Thanks man. All RC51's are awesome at their core. A little love and respect just brings it out.

Have you seen the bikes in this thread? Holy crap, theres some cool stuff on this board.

post #1051 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 04:49 PM

gas house SP2

I have looked at virtually every page on this pic. thread. A Lot of nice bikes, I think yours does have very tastefull mods.
I sent you a PM about a few things. A few questions about the parts on the bike. Anyways, yea, alot of nice bikes and mine is comming along slowly as I just got it 4 months ago and just had a son 6 months ago.
post #1052 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 AM
tough as sardines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashouse_SP2 View Post

Gashouse - please oh please let me know how you got the SV tail lights set up? I love my RC but the undertail just doesn't do it for me.
post #1053 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Old School

Thanks das...

The "SV tail" is more or less community property around these parts. Mondial came up with the idea, and myself and several others have shamelessly copied it, adding our own interpretation. If you search this thread, you will see several examples.

You don't "get" it anywhere, you have to make it. PM me and I will send you some pics for guidance. I'm sure Mondial will do the same. It is a great winter project if you have the patience. RC's are racebikes in their soul, so they are really only happy when you're making something for them.

post #1054 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Garage
Trick undertail Gashouse. Here are some pics of mine, I'm really happy with how far it's come since I first got it.

post #1055 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM

i will have mine posted soon
post #1056 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 09:51 PM

this is how she gets to where she is most happy

and in the cockpet, oopss hope I spell that right

and here with her sisters, they all get alone fine

She is gone

NESBA "I" # 70 (undercover)

"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life.".... Simoncelli was ask if he was afraid of being kill on track, he`s responce was the above.... I agree 100%
post #1057 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 03:57 AM

unfortunately for me.. a sad update

I lowsided my RC a few weeks ago .. to see before pics go to page 38 post #755 in this thread.. Not sure if I will fix or sell it just yet..

My fiancee says FIX it.. (she is good.. even offered to help with the cost..)

It pains me to post these pics..
Attached Images

post #1058 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 AM
tough as sardines

^ meh, that all seems cosmetic at worst. If your girl wants you to fix it (keeper btw) then I say just do it!
post #1059 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Bemused

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bsleeved View Post
I lowsided my RC a few weeks ago .. to see before pics go to page 38 post #755 in this thread.. Not sure if I will fix or sell it just yet..

My fiancee says FIX it.. (she is good.. even offered to help with the cost..)

It pains me to post these pics..
Looks like a track bike to-be.
post #1060 of 1752 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixz View Post
Here it is with the Flo's installed:

a bit of chrome, a few strategically placed spikes, a lengthened swingarm and you'll be "da man" in "wassup land"....

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode