What is this world coming to? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

What is this world coming to?

I am getting ready to ride my RC out for an afternoon ride and I uncover the bike and find a broken turn signal cover (front left), a nice dent in the tank (same side), left muffler scratched, and the tip of the kick stand bent up. It looks like someone backed into the parking spot and either saw the bike parked there or not, but the point is that they backed into the spot and pushed the bike against the curb. Hence the dinged up parts and the bike cover had been pushed under the tires. Do these people look as they are backing up - most likely not and if they were the total disregard of other peoples property. I am so phucking pissed, because there was no note left behind to say that they were sorry and/or to help out with fixing the parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Jenias Member

time to find out who did it and get some revenge

James
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 02:56 PM

that sucks

Hell yea, start keeping an eye on the parking lot and try to figure out who it was!! Then you can figure out a way to return the favor

scott

03 RC51
04 400ex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mid-Ohio
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
arizona rc51

Send a message via Yahoo to arizona_rc51
Pretty bad shit there too. Mine was vandalized just recently... I am sorry that happend to your ride. Just gets worse and worse out there. Nobody cares about shit nowadays.

"...If there is a bright center to this universe, you are on the planet its farthest from" Star Wars: New Hope

"Illegal immigrants are like Herpes, they just keep coming back"
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:45 PM

that happened to my r6. When I tell people it was involved in a hit and run, they ask if I got hurt....
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:13 PM

garage them. i have rented storage just so things like that do not happen.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 PM

A few years ago the propane guy knocked over my magna, picked it up and stuffed the broken mirror and brake lever under the cover. The cops said that it was not worth their time to bother with it.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducwv
that happened to my r6. When I tell people it was involved in a hit and run, they ask if I got hurt....
this was while I was parked on the street and visiting a friend's house. bike is kept in a garage when it's not being used for the most part. But it's really inconvenient to ride the bike, drop it off, take a car some where, go back, get the bike, and leave...
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:56 PM

that sucks

Don't worry your dogs/cats too are safe ...FOR NOW
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
I am getting ready to ride my RC out for an afternoon ride and I uncover the bike and find a broken turn signal cover (front left), a nice dent in the tank (same side), left muffler scratched, and the tip of the kick stand bent up. It looks like someone backed into the parking spot and either saw the bike parked there or not, but the point is that they backed into the spot and pushed the bike against the curb. Hence the dinged up parts and the bike cover had been pushed under the tires. Do these people look as they are backing up - most likely not and if they were the total disregard of other peoples property. I am so phucking pissed, because there was no note left behind to say that they were sorry and/or to help out with fixing the parts.
I'm not sure what I find funnier: The fact that you think people look before they back up, or that you thought they'd leave a note, saying,"Sorry I hit your bike. Please get it fixed and send me the bill"..........

Fact: Most people don't care about anything that isn't theirs any more, and they sure as shit won't own up to doing something wrong, even if someone saw them do it. I hate people like that, cause I was raised to admit when I've screwed up.....

I feel for ya dude....... it's shitty that someone would do that and jet. Fact of the matter is, they probably figured nothing got damaged since it didn't fall over..........retards.

Of course, parking in any parking lot is asking for things like this to happen, especially in an apartment complex or in a public lot. We all know motorcycles seem to be "Asshole-magnets" for that sort of stuff.....

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:03 PM

I too just don't get how people will trash another person's vehicle and not even try to make things right. I was raised to step forward when I messed up too. The one time I left a dent about 3" across on a car in a parking lot when I was 16, I stood there by the car for 30 minutes and waited for the lady to come out of the grocery store so I could give her my information and appologize for bumping her car. A little honesty like that can go a long ways in earning the respect of others.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Infrequent Visitor

During the last 6 or so years that I have lived here in NYC, I have picked up several bikes/scooters left on their side either in the street or even on the sidewalk.

And it's not just the cagers that don't care... I see bikes uncovered and rusting away in all types of weather - covered in dirt/snow/etc. My wife thinks I'm crazy whenever we walk by a thrashed bike and I make my usual "cry for the children" comment...

Kinda breaks one's heart to see the horrors of today!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:51 PM

Sorry to hear about that man. Unfortunately, Rigor is right.

Six months ago, my buddy parked his custom bike in front of the gym and some guy in a Lexus backed into and tipped it over. He was about to leave before he got caught. Unfortunately for this guy, he did it right in front of a Sherrif who stopped and got them to get my buddy. He got lucky.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 PM

Sorry to hear about your bike.... A$$holes like that deserve my patented revenge! Ever hear of silver nitrate? It is a photo chemical that reacts under light and changes from a clear liquid to the most god awful sheit brown stain in seconds. The best application of this "special" paint enhancer is to use it to get the offending parties attention by painting a message on their hood with a brush at nite. Then, when they are driving to work in the morning and the sun hits it it just "magically" appears in front of their eyes! The message is at your descretion but I really liked this one! " You are an Asshole... Signed GOD!"
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:29 PM

If it was a car, look for a puncture wound in the bumper that probably caem from your footpeg. Bikes have sharp objects on them and it takes some force to broad side a bike off of its side stand. Chances are good something on your bike made a mark on whatever backed into it.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Killa Bee

I bought a house to store my bike so shit like that would not happen. Mine was stolen b/c an asshole in a Apartment complex decided my RC would look better than his beat up old Kawi.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 AM

a general recommendation.....if you live in an apartment complex DO NOT get a motorcycle. DO NOT use a motorcycle as your primary mode of transportation unless you have a secure place at work to keep it (or it is a POS) like inside the warehouse area if you have one. DO NOT ride your motorcycle to the movies, grocery store, mall, bar, etc... unless you leave someone there to watch the bikes. My bikes are either in the garage, I am riding one , or I am sitting 20 feet from one looking right at it. I have over 50k miles between the two (both sportbikes) and neither has ever been messed with. So living with these rules has not prevented me from enjoying them. Besides, what is so enjoyable about parking your motorcycle while you go into a mall???? Think about it....

If I have to go to the store I have a car.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys10
a general recommendation.....if you live in an apartment complex DO NOT get a motorcycle. DO NOT use a motorcycle as your primary mode of transportation unless you have a secure place at work to keep it (or it is a POS) like inside the warehouse area if you have one. DO NOT ride your motorcycle to the movies, grocery store, mall, bar, etc... unless you leave someone there to watch the bikes. My bikes are either in the garage, I am riding one , or I am sitting 20 feet from one looking right at it. I have over 50k miles between the two (both sportbikes) and neither has ever been messed with. So living with these rules has not prevented me from enjoying them. Besides, what is so enjoyable about parking your motorcycle while you go into a mall???? Think about it....

I could not say that better myself. I also couldn't agree with you more. I swear by all that you have said and I too am yet to have a theft issue or and act of vandalism to walk up to. I have owned bikes for 10 years now so I have a good feeling this advice and practice tends to work.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys10

+1 million!
I still can't believe how people are so stupid to leave their bikes outside all night, or in a parking lot unattended. When my bike is outside my garage, it's always within my sight. If it's in my garage, it's being watched by 2 cameras inside the garage and 3 more outside the garage. Helps me sleep at night and allows me to laugh at those stupid enough to leave a bike outside/unattended.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 04:14 AM
I am watching you

had the same happen to me. my vfr was hit and people got a look at the kid. i caught him 2 days later and he was fearing for his life. his dad tried to be tuff and in the end his insurance got to pay the bill. now i ride for fun and dont park till i get home and it is safe in my garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode