Colorado riders ??? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Colorado riders ???

Hi, I am here in Loveland Colorado visiting a friend that I met living in Florida that now lives in Loveland. I moved to Pittsburgh in 96 and he moved here in 2003. He has been tellin me about the good riding round here and I finally made it out. He has a Ducati Monster 1000 and I am renting a GS 1200 from Tuesday to Saturday. Today we went exploring Trail Ridge road. Can't wait to get on the bike on Tueaday. Anyhow,,,,,,,,, I have seen posts from people from Colorado and was wondering if any were here in this area. We will be riding alot and would like to put some faces with names and could use some advice of roads. Twisty ones only.

Post up Colorado-ians'

PIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:54 AM

Your friend should already know but you could hit up Golden Gate or Coal Creek Canyon, or combine some rides with the peak to peak ride. Have fun and be safe.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:33 AM

Definitely can recommend Golden Gate and Coal Creek. The Peak to Peak is also a kick ass ride - from Lyons, take either the St. Vrain Canyon or follow 36 up to Estes Park - then take the Peak to Peak across to Nederland. From Ned, you can either keep heading down into Blawk Hawk/Central City (stop and do some gambling) - or you can head down into Boulder on the Boulder Canyon...

Left Hand Canyon is another good one - which actually leads into Ward which then puts you on the Peak to Peak - just be aware, it turns to dirt for the last couple miles... (I chickened out and turned around...) - just watch out for the road bikers (you know, the guys that pedal... ugh)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks......

This area is pretty cool. I am having a hard time finding things that I don't like about it. We went to Bolder the other day and hung out, nice place. As we went up to trail ridge I just kept thinking "I want my RC51". We went to a track (MX/cart) the other day and saw a 15 yo HOT chickie on a cart with a CR 125 motor on it just humiliating everything on the track. Some guy was on the track with a SV 1000 and she caught him and passed him in 1.5 laps. She was gettin 95 on the back straight. I can't wait to get on a bike and start munchin' mountain miles. We are planning on campin' some night on the bikes.

PIP
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 PM

colorado rocks

+1 on coal creek, and I suggest the Poudre Canyon outside of Ft. Collins. It offers great riding and a few awesome pubs to stop in along the way.

BTW, the track you went to was probably IMI, which is a 1 mile track intended for Karts, where you can only get out of 2nd gear once for about 0.5 seconds. Anything besides an 8 year old on a briggs & stratton will pass you like your standing still there because of the ultra sharp corners.:twocents

Have fun in Colorado.... I know I will!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode