Quick turn throttle fitting help! - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Quick turn throttle fitting help!

Hi i have just bought this throttle - http://www.demon-tweeks.com/products...pcode=EUR80136 and it didnt come with any instructions, anyone know where i can get some or how i fit this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
RC51-less Member

If that's all you got, than do this:

1.) remove old throttle grip (aircompressor)

2.) unadjust throttle slack adjuster. (top of cable. Only 1 I believe)

3.) The Honda throttle has 2 different size threaded barrels for the cables, where they screw into the housing. They're not interchangable. Make sure they fit new housing. Remove old housing. (screws)

4.) remove cables from stock housing.

5.) install new cables in new housing. Make sure the cable stop/ends are narrow enough to pass through the new housing when twisted, and installed in new throttle tube. If not, you'll need to grind them down, like you do with the HRC kit, (comes with one cable) to make them fit. I got a bad feeling that they're not gonna fit. See item discription below.....

6.) depending on how much slack is in your cables, you *may* have to lift the fuel tank, remove the airbox and readjust your cable tension at the throttlebodies to properly install the kit.......

7.) install old grip.

I'm under the impression they're cables are required, due to this:

About this product

CNC machined in aluminium, the new quick action throttle kit is an indispensable accessory for all racers, track-day and road riders that want the trickiest performance accessories for their motorcycle.

Thanks to the facility to interchange the rotors inside the throttle mechanism that modify the ratio of the cable action, it is possible to fine tune the throttle response to every riders requirements. Applications for most late model Aprilia, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki Triumph and Yamaha via cable selection (Cables available separately for specific bikes). The quick action throttle kit can sit alongside most standard Run/Stop-start control switches making it suitable for both circuit or road use.

Please Call Not Supplied With Throttle Body Cables.

For the record....I'm not fond of the idea of grinding down cable ends.

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 PM

I fitted one of these kits to my ex ZX10r and they do require trottle cables. When I bought mine it was supplied with the cables,It came off of fleabay from a company called exteme bikesport

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Hi thanks, yeah i got cables for my sp with it. Found a site with instructions all in italian though, but got pics so im sorted now hopefully
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 02:13 PM
RC51-less Member

Then you'll need to lift, (I prefer removing....more room) the fuel tank, removing the airbox and adding the new cables.............

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

yeah i no bikes all stripped down anyway semi track prepping it, installing some nice new goodies etc
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:41 PM
RC51-less Member

*cough*Thorsten airbox*cough*cough*......................

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

lol yeah i no!! was gonna get 1 til i found a carbon fibre squidskins 1 for 150 candanian dollars MEGA CHEAP and fins for 75 so i bagged those just waiting on them to come through, alot cheaper than the 500 dollar thorsten box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode