Who here makes Decals? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 03:30 PM

G-man,hope you're feelin' a little better.I'm looking for something that says Coydog for my wind screen.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man
Thanks a ton! Thats perfect. Has anyone dealt with them before? Are the decals good quality. Now i'm going to have to do some reading up on painting. Looks like you have to do a fair bit of the coloring on that paintjob with the paint.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 04:17 AM
Gold Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to g-man
Quote:
G-man,hope you're feelin' a little better.I'm looking for something that says Coydog for my wind screen.Thanks.
Send me an e-mail with your mailing address, whether your windscreen is clear or tinted and the text you want the decal to say (yes, I know you listed it here but I track requests via e-mail).

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 03:11 PM

E-mail sent.TIA
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 03:56 PM

Would you also be able to produce the perforated covers for headlights and windscreen? I have an 04 Hayden RC and would like to make it look like it just came off the track. Any suggestions?
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Gold Sponsor

I don't do the perforated light covers for liability reasons.

I do offer vinyl light covers to protect your lenses during track use only as they are completely opaque.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man
Yea, but do you and your friend donate 100% of the proceeds from vinyl sales to a worthy 501(c)(3) charity or do you do it for your own profit? I'm not implying there is anything wrong with putting money in your own pocket but I donate 100% of my vinyl proceeds to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation's Houston Ride for Kids.

FWIW, the Gerber software (the software is actually called Omega), is no longer "high-end" by any means especially if you are producing decals on an Edge or EdgeII. It is much more important what type of digital printer/cutter you use than what software you use to produce the image. The Edge is great for quick spot color decals (I still use one occasionally as well) but you can't produce quality hi-res images with one.

Not that anyone who isn't in the vinyl business cares but I use FlexiSign Pro V8 in conjunction with a Roland Versacamm SP540 (for digital output) and a Summa T750+ for die-cut vinyl.
It's always good to donate to local charities but lets not kid ourselves nobody is in business to lose money.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZcap
It's always good to donate to local charities but lets not kid ourselves nobody is in business to lose money.
G-man is a big boy and can handle his own affairs but you're barking up the wrong tree...you obviously do not know g-man.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
and that's where you are wrong. Never ceases to amaze me why is it so difficult for someone to believe that I donate 100% of the proceeds from all my vinyl work to the Ride for Kids? Although I've never won the lottery I consider my life blessed with a wonderful wife, two beautiful healthy children and successful career that has more than met our financial needs.

Decal work is not my career; it's something I do strictly in addition to my full-time job so I have no problem at all donating all the proceeds to charity.

I've easily raised over $75k in the last five years for the Ride for Kids, being the top fundraiser in both 2002 and 2005 and in the top 5 for other remaining years. Fundraising efforts were not as good this year with the financial impact of last year's hurricanes on the Gulf Coast so I wasn't the top fundraiser this year but managed to come in second with $12,415 (top fundraisers were Judy and Steve Ferguson with $14,255 - ).

Before you make the very serious mistake of questioning my commitment to this worthy cause please feel free to contact the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation directly or check out these links yourself:
http://www.ride4kids.org/media/sched...uston_2005.htm
http://www.ride4kids.org/media/sched...s/houston.html
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:25 AM

Thanks Mike I might have more for you.
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7fx
Thanks Mike I might have more for you.

No problem, hope that you got them by now.

G-man I admire you donating your profits but I'm starting a new business so profits are marginal. My day job pays the bills for now but opening a motorcycle speedshop is my goal. The internet site is where it all starts and with that in mind I have to show earnings to lenders.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 AM

Mike does a great job!!!
kept me posted on what was going on.
the decals look great
he was very fast
and the
cost was very reasonable
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you ever need anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode