Hiccups in 2nd & 3rd @35-40mph - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Hiccups in 2nd & 3rd @35-40mph

It is very annoying, I'm not sure but it could be due to the fact I just installed Yosh pipes, but the ride has become so choppy in lower gears compared to stock pipes that it is sort of frustrating. Now it may be I need the flapper mod and that might help, not sure. But after riding in traffic for 5 -10 mins the jerks just knock you off that you just want to open up your throotle when you seee open roads. Has anyone else faced this problem, is there something I can do to get rid of these annoying jerks. No Powercommander installed 03 RC.

Also by just removing the tube to the vaccum under the speedo does that help in any way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Thumbs up Plug The Tube & Install A POWER-COMMANDER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000
It is very annoying, I'm not sure but it could be due to the fact I just installed Yosh pipes, but the ride has become so choppy in lower gears compared to stock pipes that it is sort of frustrating. Now it may be I need the flapper mod and that might help, not sure. But after riding in traffic for 5 -10 mins the jerks just knock you off that you just want to open up your throotle when you seee open roads. Has anyone else faced this problem, is there something I can do to get rid of these annoying jerks. No Powercommander installed 03 RC.

Also by just removing the tube to the vaccum under the speedo does that help in any way?
Hey RVT1000! Yes to removing the tube and plug it with a screw or golf tee or!

2nd GET a Power/Commander!!! You Will Be Glad You Did!!

Peace Jeff
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 09:04 PM

If your air/fuel mixture is out of whack it will run shitty in the lower revs (everywhere else too). I had the same prob when I put on my Sato's and was runnin a bad map. My mech said I had "fuel infection," because I was running a map that was too lean downlow. Got me a custom map and iz allllllll gooooood.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 09:10 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Exclamation Read All The Way Through!

Hey Licarbv.
He doesn't have a p/c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licarbv
If your air/fuel mixture is out of whack it will run shitty in the lower revs (everywhere else too). I had the same prob when I put on my Sato's and was runnin a bad map. My mech said I had "fuel infection," because I was running a map that was too lean downlow. Got me a custom map and iz allllllll gooooood.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:47 PM

Polite Sarcasm... How refreshing...

Well then maybe he should get one damnit!!!
Ehh I dunno... I wish I had never been broiled!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Got it so I will plug the tube, and for sure I'm looking at getting a commander, man it seems like I'm riding something from the 80's right now.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:18 AM

Do the PAIR mod too, I bet it's really popping and backfiring now that you installed the pipes. It will run better after the pair and flapper but you should really run a power commander with the new pipes, it needs a proper map for the new air flow.

Hoov.
CRA # 200
Thankfully sponsored by;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Anger managment patient

The bike is lean from the facotry and now you just made the exhaust flow better. Get the PC before you cause a ploblem.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:22 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Talking Good Sport!

Hey Licarbv!

You have me confused "Polite Sarcasm... How refreshing..." You thought that was polite!!??..............I was trying to toast, flame, and really slam You!!..... ...........Where did I go WRONG!!

Peace Jeff

PS.I have to say, I am glad you didn't get Pissed! Because it was not my intention........Oh by the way, yes he should get one! Damnit!!!

Quote:
Well then maybe he should get one damnit!!!
Ehh I dunno... I wish I had never been broiled!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Just one more thing to think about... If your going to do the PCIII and a map and all of that... either do the pair first, or not at all. I had my map done and I don't have the pair mod done. If I wanna do it, I would need to get another map... NO NO NO... I personally don't mind the popping... It's not really that bad, No... I LIKE the popping. I have been told the pair mod doesn't do anything for performance, only stops the pops... Whats the verdict on this?!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Talking She Still POPS! Man, She still POPS! Don't Be Afraid!

Hey Licarbv!

I have done the Pair.mod. and just so you know, the bike still pops! Just alittle less, but she still pops! So don't be afraid!
I think that most people do this mod. to clean up the engine area, Gets rid of alot of clutter!(afew extra hoses and wires and such) so it's less mess to work on! At least that is why I did it, because I do all my work myself! So if your not the kind of guy that works on his own stuff, then by all means leave it, for the poor guy that has to work on your bike.
I don't think it will do any thing to your mapping! Someone else here will say for sure! Count on it
Peace Jeff

PS. Did you see my reply to you?

Quote:
Just one more thing to think about... If your going to do the PCIII and a map and all of that... either do the pair first, or not at all. I had my map done and I don't have the pair mod done. If I wanna do it, I would need to get another map... NO NO NO... I personally don't mind the popping... It's not really that bad, No... I LIKE the popping. I have been told the pair mod doesn't do anything for performance, only stops the pops... Whats the verdict on this?!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 PM

I saw it alright... Pshh

Yeah dude I saw it...

First things first. I heard when you do the pair, the bike will need to run a little leaner, My map is too rich to run without the pair. If I do it, it's another trip to the tuners. I am semi-mechanically inclined. I can change my own oil, replace two air filters, install a PCIII and Satos, hmm what else have I done... Oh brakes! I am not attempting to do my own clutch change though (I think the lil bugger is on it's way out).

Hey man, The reason I surf these boards all day long at work is because it's entertaining. I'm glad I'm a good platform for punishment. Oh wait, I mean... Man your an asshole! This board is full of sarcastic pricks... I can't wait till I am in the loop and start racin myself so I can put faces to all the names I read daily. OK OK... I'm waaaay off topic... Sorry for the jacking that just occured.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 AM

For the love of God man, please do your own clutch change. Has to be the simplest things to do on this bike. Just that goldish Mag cover needs to come off and you have half the battle over with. A man who can change the air filters on an RC should also be able to say " I changed my own clutch... what the hell have you ever done."

Just be sure to coat your new fibers with clean engine oil as you install them or you will be in there replacing them again before you know it. Good luck
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 08:34 PM
half-fast member

Dudes, the PAIR mod does nothing for power. Removing the PAIR stuff just avoids squirting extra air into the exhaust downstream of the motor. However, you *MUST* do the PAIR mod before you do any custom PC map dyno tuning because that extra air the PAIR system injects will fool an exhaust gas analyzer into thinking the A/F ratio is lean.

Too bad ignorance isn't painful
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannetron
Dudes, the PAIR mod does nothing for power. Removing the PAIR stuff just avoids squirting extra air into the exhaust downstream of the motor. However, you *MUST* do the PAIR mod before you do any custom PC map dyno tuning because that extra air the PAIR system injects will fool an exhaust gas analyzer into thinking the A/F ratio is lean.
Actually, a compotent tuner can tune the bike with the PAIR valves still on the bike. He will just clamp the hoses off with hemostats.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 PM

I've got an SP1 with just over 8000km. Installed a pair or Mori's about 2 weeks ago to replace my 2 Bros, and now I'm experiencing some burps and hickups too.

The bike sometimes seems like it shuts off for a seconds, the FI light flashes on, then power gets restored, and I get a backfire from the exhaust. It can happen in any gear too, not just second or third.

Any idea if this is from the pair system too?

2002 SV650S - street bike
2001 RC51 - track tool
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:11 PM

Doesn't sound like it...
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 07:05 PM
I Rule

Just wanted to add my :twocents in favor of the PC3. This was the first weekend i really got to ride alot after installing the PC3. I just picked a map that matched my mods (hi-mounts, flapper, stock filters) but the low rpm hiccups are completely gone and I can also tell on the very top end of the rev range it pulls harder. Check with Scott to get a good price on the PC3USB, and yes, the 2000-2001 PC3 is the same as the 2002-up PC3. Well worth the money, just pick your map carefully or better yet get a custom map.

From Squid to Responsible Idiot in less than 10 years......

RC51 (SP1)
KFX700 (The Beast!)
RMZ450
KX250F
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 PM

Anyone see the new Power Commander with an on screen display that mounts on the dash? Tune it while sitting on the bike...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode