God is dead: RC51 totally obsolete - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

God is dead: RC51 totally obsolete

As a huge fan of the RC and a former owner I used to nevertheless baulk at the dribble some fans produce when justifying their steed over other choices. Not wanting to dribble I did however nod encouragingly to the few rather more balanced opinions. Yes the RC is no longer the final word in performance (if it ever was and it now isn't even competitive against the ducatis) but it offers, well, other less easily quantifiable benefits.

However I have had the error of my ways crudely pointed out by the simple fact of 3 rides on my new '06 R1. What on earth was I thinking? The R1 (and by extension every other 1,000 multi) pisses all over the RC on every single facet of sportsbike accomplishment.

I would estimate it is 30-40% easier to ride at the same pace on the road than the RC. I have seen the light. Yes I still love twins but I am no longer prepared to put up with a machine that if ridden by an expert will just keep a 600 at bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:17 AM
DUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippersnapper
As a huge fan of the RC and a former owner I used to nevertheless baulk at the dribble some fans produce when justifying their steed over other choices. Not wanting to dribble I did however nod encouragingly to the few rather more balanced opinions. Yes the RC is no longer the final word in performance (if it ever was and it now isn't even competitive against the ducatis) but it offers, well, other less easily quantifiable benefits.

However I have had the error of my ways crudely pointed out by the simple fact of 3 rides on my new '06 R1. What on earth was I thinking? The R1 (and by extension every other 1,000 multi) pisses all over the RC on every single facet of sportsbike accomplishment.

I would estimate it is 30-40% easier to ride at the same pace on the road than the RC. I have seen the light. Yes I still love twins but I am no longer prepared to put up with a machine that if ridden by an expert will just keep a 600 at bay.
I knew that about the RC when I bought it. It's old technology, but it's the soul of the bike that I was interested in.

My FZR1000 was the schnizit 15yrs ago. It couldn't even hope to keep up with a modern-day 600.

Keep the R1 for a few years. People will be saying the same thing about it.
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:17 AM
Anger managment patient

BLASPHEMY

post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:20 AM

And you're telling us this because.... It's a lifestyle... It's about being different. It's about the machine itself. It's about the history and the design. If I wanted the fastest and best handling, I'd buy a 1000RR, GSX-R1000, or R1. But I still get more looks and questions with the RC than anyone else I ride with (which includes plenty of the above mentioned...) Glad you like the R1.... Oh, and any decent track rider on a 600 will put the RC and any liter bike away!
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:22 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippersnapper
I am no longer prepared to put up with a machine that if ridden by an expert will just keep a 600 at bay.

And you're an expert...................right?

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............

Last edited by Rigor; 03-20-2006 at 02:33 AM.
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 AM

There's a new web site out there for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />04 RC51,Sato rearsets,Sato lows,Sato Ti hangers,Scotts Damper,Flapper,PCIIIUSB & Hub & LCD,K&N,15/42,Goodridge,CRG,SCORE= Deer-O,RC51-2,R1-1
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Old,Dirty,Racer

Just proves, the RC51 is not for everybody..Take a special breed to want, keep and understand the RC51.

Sorry, you didn't make the grade but don't feel bad, a lot of riders don't make the grade!! .

Since the R1 is not that demanding, you might pass muster with it..

ceh
2006 CBR600rr Track/Race-Bike
CCS/WERA/NESBA #630
Dragon Rider
65 & Over Racing Team

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team SCR - Senior Citizen Racing
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:26 AM

You know, it's funny because i have recently gone through a similar experience. Some of you may remember...... that i just bought an 05 CBR1K. And at first i was just thrilled with it. This bike is so much better than the RC, I thought. Faster, lighter, quicker, smoother, more comfortable, etc. These things are true and cannot be debated....

However....

After putting more miles on it, and continued miles on the RC, on the same exact roads with both bikes, back to back days.... I can honestly say that the RC is JUST as capable on the street as any liter bike. I am just as fast on both, although the CBR is easier to ride at speed.

The RC51 is a serious machine and gives nothing up on the street. And it's certainly more muscular around town. I can easily say though, that the liter bike would smash it under extreme conditions.

I love'em both equally for different reasons.... but I think the RC will always be a legend where the others will certainly not be.
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:27 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrc51
Just proves, the RC51 is not for everybody..Take a special breed to want, keep and understand the RC51.
I hear ya, CEH.................. The RC51 is antequated in certain ways, but it's no slouch in the performance department, in the right hands.........

post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Damn Asshat

how many 6 yr old liter bikes are still running? how many 6 yr old RC's are still running great if not better than the day they rolled off the show room? in ten yrs how many will still be running? when the vintage races are run 20 yrs from now how many RCs will be there running well, and how many 4 bangers will be there sputering around? we all know the RC is not the fastest lightest or most nimble bike in the market. like colmen said it takes a special breed some get it some dont.

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

|
|
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:33 AM

Wow and the Easterbunny aint real either.....I mean what F'ing news flash are you bringing us. Unlike your R1 gixxer squid fag riding breatheran no one here gives a flying fu'k that the RC is old technology. Those of us that do own a RC and then a complimenting I-4 liter bike. Look around numbnuts, when was the last time ANYONE here refered to the RC as the ultimate track bike, or fasted street ride, but you pull a picture of someones old RC30 and everone starts talking about what a great bike that is, because 15 years later it's still the fastes....heck now but it's still got the soul of a winner. So I'll tell you what, troll on down to www.r1fags.com or www.gixxerasspirates.net and BS about how bad the newest piece of crap is, for another two months when the next one comes out and you'r forced to pick one of those up too so maybe you'll forget about how small your penis is.

PS........no-one here gives a shit about the R1, or anything else....hence www.rc51.com .

Nemo
post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:37 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo963
Wow and the Easterbunny aint real either.....
Thanks.......................thanks a whole ****ing bunch.................

Did I mention I smell SQUID????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:37 AM

Its funny I kind of had the opposite experience. I've got a GSXR and I just picked up an RC51 this winter because I always wanted one... had a chance to ride it first time a week ago (before I found the leaking god damn gas tank) and only for 10 minutes, but man was it fun. I didn't feel like that when I rode any of my other bikes for the first time. I felt like a true badass on the RC

Just somethin about it. I have no false hopes or aspirations of it doing anything that my GSXR can't do, but damn its a fun ride.

ps. the rc is my squid bike now
post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:47 AM

Mann....I am truly happy for you. Finding something that winds your clock is just aces. Why the post??? I would think it would be fairly obvious that most folks here could ride what they have a mind to. Myself, I have ridden and ridden with all the above mentioned bikes. Probly a bunch of squids, but they couldnt even pass my VFR!!! Im sorry you missed the flavor of the wine,so knock your self out on soda pop dude. Plenty of room for everyone.
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Anger managment patient

I bought the RC to satisfy a need. I would also buy an RC40 or 45. For what? They are old heavy under powered and retired. Why Heritage!

I bet you didn't know that your 51 had square tail lights and dual head lights because of that HERITAGE.

I bought the RC for a toy. I bought the RC for me.
post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:00 AM

What a whippersnapper...
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:04 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVRC51
What a Penis-Slapper....
I agree.............

post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Meh

There are many fantastic in-line 4's out there now that will blow away an RC in ultimate performance.

I just can't recommend any single one, because they all seem the same to me.

The RC51 has a character and design elements that unfortunately we may never see again from Japan, which is part of the reason why I've owned several and will continue to own at least one. The R1 is okay, but ordinary in design and behind the Suzuki in liter bike performance so why brag about it?
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
I agree.............
Penis-Slapping-Fudge-Packer...
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:26 AM
RC51-less Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVRC51
Penis-Slapping-Fudge-Packer...
Sausage slapping, penis packing, one-handed wiener stroking, left wristed crank yanking, right handed putz wanking, turtle spanking, bone stroking, dick smoking, pole toking, ass packing, dick tamping, colon packing, humpy smacking anus racking, one-hole-NASCAR-shifting, butt smacking, bing-bong on your wing-wong................sniggly smooo stick................

What was this thread about................................?? Oh, yeah. Some ass-
whipe and his R1, talking shit over the RC51.............

Almost slipped my mind.......................... Don't make me start on his Momma........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode