broke back mountain - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZcap
Society has and never will accept gays/lesbians, society will only tolerate them...
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I've traveled quite a bit and it's been my experience that with the exception of the US and the middle east, most countries are pretty accepting of gay and lesbian couples.

Some of the countries I went to it was very common to say a gay couple holding hands or in a park somewhere picknicking together.

Christians have no exclusive claim on the American legal system, our constitution and government should be in place to protect the rights of all citizens. There is a reason why seperation of church and state is necissary and I think if you turn on CNN sometime and think about what is going on in the middle east it should be pretty apparent why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles
all this use of "them" and "they" makes me feel like I'm back in the 60's.....

what does any of this have to do with general discussion about the rc51?

Exactly..... I don't care what other people like, I hate everyone equaly, No wait I have an extra does of discontent for White American arogant assholes (which interestingly enough is the group that best defines myself). But I chose to ride because my words typed, spoken, and especialy published on the internet, do nothing but incite stupid bullshit Drama..... So go on and dibate whats socialy acceptable to you. Go on waste your breath and slap each other around.. Me I'll be home installing my Damper
post #43 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Strongly agree with HanZcap

post #44 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Cool

HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #45 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Strongly agree with HanZcap
Thank you enigma.... It's nice to see that some people still hold certain moral's and values in high regards...
post #46 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM

HONDA HONDA HONDA

Is that better
post #47 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_broke_down
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I've traveled quite a bit and it's been my experience that with the exception of the US and the middle east, most countries are pretty accepting of gay and lesbian couples.

Some of the countries I went to it was very common to say a gay couple holding hands or in a park somewhere picknicking together.

Christians have no exclusive claim on the American legal system, our constitution and government should be in place to protect the rights of all citizens. There is a reason why seperation of church and state is necissary and I think if you turn on CNN sometime and think about what is going on in the middle east it should be pretty apparent why.
I have lived outside of the US for over 1/2 my life and have traveled to every continent. Yes, you may see what you see but what you don't hear is more important. Tolerance is not the same as acceptance!
post #48 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:55 PM
SIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
It's called "Power of Attorney"...

Are we ever gonna talk about motorcycles again..??? Ok.....fine......how about gay motorcycles.........???
Oh, you should have just said that you wanted to discuss ducatti.
post #49 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 PM

i_broke_down: thanks! its people like you who make being people like me that much easier in a world of bigotry and hatred for those who are different. I applaud you for standing up for reason and fairness.

HanZcap: how can you tell me I chose to be gay when I know that I never made that choice. Did you choose to be straight?

I never said anything was a genetic defect. Why some people are attracted to the same sex is still much of a mystery.

Additionally, I don't doubt for a second that your marriage is very dear to you. As is my commitment to my partner. I know I'm talking for deaf ears probably, but I take it as an insult that you insinuate that gays and lesbians can't be deeply committed christians, or any other religious denomination for that matter. There are plenty of people who understand that christianity is about love and acceptance, not hatred and close-mindedness. Gay marriages aren't accepted by those who believe in God? I can line up many christians, among them several ordained ministers, who disagree with you.

As for going to hell, being all you can be in the eyes of our maker, and submitting to Jesus Christ, accepting that he took on the sin of the world for our salvation will free you from hell. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with this.

Finally, I don't think I'm any more special than what my maker made me. We are all special in his eyes. Additionally, why should I be denied equal rights as an American, when marriage is a religious institution, and the Constitution is strict about the separation of state and church? If I can't be married in the *eyes of the state* (note, not in the eyes of the church), then I'm being denied rights taken for granted by my fellow Americans. Since the state won't let me commit to a partner (be married in the legal sense), I'm denied basic American rights based on an intrisic characteristic.

I'm not advocating special rights, nobody should have special rights. Again, all I'm advocating is **equal** rights.
post #50 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal_RC51
i_broke_down: thanks! its people like you who make being people like me that much easier in a world of bigotry and hatred for those who are different. I applaud you for standing up for reason and fairness.

HanZcap: how can you tell me I chose to be gay when I know that I never made that choice. Did you choose to be straight?

I never said anything was a genetic defect. Why some people are attracted to the same sex is still much of a mystery.

Additionally, I don't doubt for a second that your marriage is very dear to you. As is my commitment to my partner. I know I'm talking for deaf ears probably, but I take it as an insult that you insinuate that gays and lesbians can't be deeply committed christians, or any other religious denomination for that matter. There are plenty of people who understand that christianity is about love and acceptance, not hatred and close-mindedness. Gay marriages aren't accepted by those who believe in God? I can line up many christians, among them several ordained ministers, who disagree with you.

As for going to hell, being all you can be in the eyes of our maker, and submitting to Jesus Christ, accepting that he took on the sin of the world for our salvation will free you from hell. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with this.

Finally, I don't think I'm any more special than what my maker made me. We are all special in his eyes. Additionally, why should I be denied equal rights as an American, when marriage is a religious institution, and the Constitution is strict about the separation of state and church? If I can't be married in the *eyes of the state* (note, not in the eyes of the church), then I'm being denied rights taken for granted by my fellow Americans. Since the state won't let me commit to a partner (be married in the legal sense), I'm denied basic American rights based on an intrisic characteristic.

I'm not advocating special rights, nobody should have special rights. Again, all I'm advocating is **equal** rights.
Have you not read the bible??? I can tell you that nobody in my synagouge is going to accept a gay or lesbian in the temple. Nor would anybody in my in-laws church (southern baptist) accept a gay or lesbian in their church. They may tolerate them but they would more than likey ask them to leave... God forgives most sins, that being said I doubt that when you get to the gates of heaven he's not going to be welcoming Gays and Lesbians in with welcome arms... Sorry to be so blunt... Like I said before one of my good friends is gay and he'll be at my birthday dinner like he has been every year for 5 years. He knows how I feel and he accepts my opinion as he understand how important GOD is to me and I accept the CHOICE he made.
post #51 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM

Norcal: Additionally, I don't doubt for a second that your marriage is very dear to you. As is my commitment to my partner. I know I'm talking for deaf ears probably, but I take it as an insult that you insinuate that gays and lesbians can't be deeply committed christians, or any other religious denomination for that matter. There are plenty of people who understand that christianity is about love and acceptance, not hatred and close-mindedness. Gay marriages aren't accepted by those who believe in God? I can line up many christians, among them several ordained ministers, who disagree with you.Maybe Im wrong and you can call me a bigot for saying this but how can you be a "deeply committed christian" when you are gay, the bible says marriages are between a man and a woman. Im not a profound interepter of the bible but I do believe that the bible means love is between a man and a woman when referring to this. Not two men. Its just not natural and I dont believe you or your "partner" have a reason to even claim that you even worship god when you are going against what human creation is about. Not only that but if you want the world to know you are gay youre asking for nothing but trouble and a hardtime from people who hate you've very existance and will never acknowlege you as human beings. Not me Ive just witnessed it from 3 snipers being on top of various buildings at my college trying to protect people who want others to know that "Gay is Ok":twocents
post #52 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:20 PM
SIR

So, have any of you done any mods on your bike? I've got a shiny exhaust system, some frame sliders, a whole new chain(even came with gears), some really cool grips and a little black box under the seat that makes her go a little fatster.
post #53 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:22 PM

Yes, I have read the Bible. I'm raised Methodist, and am a practicing Presbyterian. The people in my church have understood that Jesus accepted everyone, sinner and not, regardless of who they were, with open arms, as long as they were willing to submit to Him. That means not turning anyone away at the door. But then again, my mentor once pointed out that religion is a human construct, with all the faults that go along with being a product of humanity.

The eyes of society are biased. Our own eyes are blurred. God's eyes are clear, and filled with love.

Regardless of what your struggles are you are responsible only to God
and to yourself. "He has showed you, O Man, what is good, and what does the Lord require of you: Do justice, Love mercy, and walk humbly with your God" (Micah 6:8).
post #54 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
RC51-less Member

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............
post #55 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:28 PM

Norcal:The people in my church have understood that Jesus accepted everyone, sinner and not, regardless of who they were, with open arms, as long as they were willing to submit to Him. That means not turning anyone away at the door. But then again, my mentor once pointed out that religion is a human construct, with all the faults that go along with being a product of humanity.

So you are admiting that homosexuality is wrong but you still continue to do it and to worship god based on false pretenses
post #56 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:29 PM

You don't seem to understand that god does not accept gays or lesbians in his house period... You can qoute scripture all you like but it's not going to prove that he does. I could bombard you with ton's of scripture that states exactly what enigma and I are saying...
post #57 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR
So, have any of you done any mods on your bike? I've got a shiny exhaust system, some frame sliders, a whole new chain(even came with gears), some really cool grips and a little black box under the seat that makes her go a little fatster.
Hey,you're the one that called me a homo for riding snowmobiles

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #58 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 PM

Why can't we all just get along

What is the defination of GAY, is it not being happy

Well, I am very GAY every chance I get to ride my DUCATI.

There ya go, flame on for me not having an RC51

To each his own.

We all share one common bond and that is the passion for motorcycles whether you be gay/lesbian. PM me if your a good looking lesbian you just need the right man to show you the light
post #59 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:01 PM

Dear HanZcap,

Jesus said, "I came to save the world, not to judge it."
So tell me, what makes you think you can do what he did not?
Good Friday is for all sinners, which, by the way is everyone. Do you think that, as he hung on that cross, he wasn't taking on the homosexual and lesbian sins of the world along with all of the others? He died for them as much as he died for you.
As a student of the Bible, you will recall that sin is sin. There are no great sins nor small sins, according to the Bible. By the way, according to the Bible, there is only one sin that can not be forgiven, mocking the Holy Spirit.
I think a little more New Testament love and a lot less Old Testament judgement is exactly What Jesus Would Do. You know that, as a Christian, The Great Commission requires you to bring people to the Love and Redemption of Christ, not to drive them away. Do you think you're going to bring them closer to God by telling them that you think they are going to Hell. The Bible says, you help get people to put their eyes on God and he'll take care of the rest. Your job is to love all men as He loved you. Period.
I am certain that there are homosexuals, lesbians, even Harley riders in the "mansions of His house".
post #60 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR
Just got some shorty CRG's - they're pretty cool. Did you know they make them in black now?

where's a good mod when you need one....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode