broke back mountain - Page 10 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 11:45 AM

Smile A little levity...

I could care less what anyone's lifestyle choice is...got this yesterday and chuckled a bit. Hope I don't offend, but don't care to hear about it if I do.

Subject: Rejected Titles for Brokeback Mountain

HIGH NOONER

JEREMIAH'S JOHNSON

THE MAN WHO SHOT ALL OVER LIBERTY VALANCE

HOW THE WEST WAS HUNG

THE WILD BRUNCH

THE LEGEND OF THE LONG RANGER

DOC'S HOLIDAY WITH BILLY THE KID

VERY RAW HIDE

THE HOARSE SOLDIERS

DESTRY RIDES AGAIN... AND AGAIN

HI, PLAINS DRIFTER!

QUICKLY DOWN UNDER

BAREBACK MOUNTING

BONE-NANZA

DON'T MESS WITH TEX' ASS

HOMO ON THE RANGE

OKLAHOMO

LITTLE BATHHOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE

PRANCES WITH WOLVES

Lou
NYC
now off to packing my apartment...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 04:54 PM

3stripes: I hope you didnt take my remarks in an offensive manner, they werent meant to be. You seem like a cool dude and your posts made me laugh a lil but with that said like many other people (including me!) we get a lil lost in life. Thats completely normal, not one person on earth is perfect, we are ALL sinners and will continue to be till the day our time is up. However, if you have any faith in the bible then you cannot just dismiss Gods will and 'hope' things will turn out for the best later in life......its just not that easy.
Being a good person or the best person you can be absolutely is a plus but one cannot continue to consciously live an impure or unnatural life. Another words, you cannot go to your 'choice of a Christian church' repent your sins then go back home willfully living that sinful life. For starters most gay people dont even want to acknowledge that there lifestyle IS sinful so how can this same person truly commit themselves to God in the first place? Thay may THINK they have committed themselves but in reality they havent.

Sadly, having faith in God/Christ is not for everyone.......

I can go on with my views but I think 99% of the people here had enough so Ill save it.

Finally, I just wanted to say that I dont think any one person who shared their views in faith here did so thinking they were gonna change anyone.

I do think or probably hope that perhaps one or more people have questioned some of the things we have said to the point they may go out and research it for themselves.

The funny thing in all this is Im not a bible thumper, Im probably one of the lesser examples of a Christian and I havent been to church in yrsssssss BUT the faith I have developed in my youth is strong and very much intact. Dont be afraid of learning about God cuz of handful of kooks.........thats all Im saying.

Norcal (the gay one) : I understand you may be avoiding further responses on here to be done with this thread, IF there has been some replies you have been wanting to say in response to my comments dont hesitate to shoot me a PM........I wouldnt mind rationally discussing this topic privately since some of your posts came off like you may be a Christian.

Ride SAFE everyone!

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #183 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stripes
that would be me.

It was meant as a joke but in all due honesty? I was being honest at the sametime. I am a lost sheep which has tried many times to return back to the flock or churches. IT is not that I don't want anything to do with the "man" I just choosed not to listen to another man interpretation of what God want us to be.

I just have a hard time having to sit and listen to hyprococies.

So I choosed to NOT focus on the teaching of GOD by another man but lived the best I can by treating others the BEST I can. I try very hard. I am not perfect..when I make a mistake I think it over and shake my head feeling shameful for what I HAD done. I am not perfect but good lord I do try. EVERYDAY I try.

Somedays are better than others.

Today??? It was an up and down. I tried to power slide my truck around a clear/clean wet corner with no one around. With a Dakota truck the E-brakes is a foot pedal on the left side. Not a easier style of hand lever unlike most cars. SO I didn't loose traction and did not spin up the rear enough. My truck went straight toward the curb and in the process? Blew my right front tire beed. I was laughing cause someone upstair was having fun and maybe reminding me to NOT be so stupid and arrogrant of my action. Full smile I soldier on to change the tires. NOT a single person offer to help me out. Including a few pedestrian walking by. Cool. I got it cover. Darnit, I was smart enough to turn off the emergency blinkers but forgot about my headlights. Damm battery died for being on all the time while I changed my tires. Darnit, didn't bring my jumper cable or the solar panel I normally have. Rats. No one stop. One phone call to my buddy BE. And 15 minutes later I'm heading north to get some Lobster Bisque. On my way to meet up with my buddy Greg, I saw a guy trying to push a late model Benz on a busy 6 lane expressway. I offer to used my truck to push. On coming traffic wasn't smart enough to stop. We waited. Finally, someone did stop cause the Benz block part of their lane. Others stop and well..this time I jumped out because of last minute change of plans. Cool. She was an elderly lady and her daughter is on her way. I tried my best to troubleshoot the problems and founded out it's not getting gas for some weird reason. F-Pump did energies. Jason the guy that was pushing by himself was thanked by the lady and started to walk home. I offer a ride to someone nice enough to help out a lady he didn't know for a simple word of 'thank you'. He deserved a ride home. Call my bud to tell him I'll be late and drove Jason home.

That's my day.

As for my comment? Yeah I can see why a person that goes to church would consider it selfish. I can understand and even agree with you. I guess when in the "oh shit"moments, I feel closer to GOD or at least my inner thoughts is telling me I might see the "maker" and you are right. I am a chickenshit that I don't want to go like that. I hope he has a bigger grandeur plan for me. Rather than let me go out like a little biotch. Over riding a corner or something less than the life he has given me. I hope he has a bigger plan.

This thread is stupid that it does not changes any of our inner thoughts and it has shown it's ugly side in some of our darker thoughts but it does show that some of us have self control and respect and also can debate a subject with civility. Respect of ourselves and respect for others. You can only find it in a few country. This is one of the BEST if NOT THEE best. (no offense to anyone outside the States) I have not lived outside the US long enough to gather more information of other area.
Your comments are worthy of respect. The thing that really matters is how we treat each other, not whether we believe, or attend services, etc. If there indeed was a God don't folks think that he/she/it would be wise enough to judge people on their actions regardless of their acceptance of Him. Bible threats to those who don't believe just reeks of something that a human would insert into the Bible. That's why I'm not religious BUT I follow the ten commandments - it just makes sense.

"...let us not ignore the truth among ourselves, that we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down."
David Ben-Gurion (the father of Israel)
"When fascism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and holding a cross." Sinclair Lewis
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.

post #184 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFBO
First, I wanna say that I dont hate you nor do I plan on wasting any part of my life hating you or your way of life. Other than one guy in here wishing death on you (which I disagree with btw) I dont think any other person has made any hateful remarks so if thats the way you feel (again, aside from that one person) then you may not 'feel' as comfortable with yourself the way you'd like to believe.
With all that said, I dont have to agree with your lifestyle or even respect it cuz it goes against everything I believe in. If this world was meant to be lived that way then life would dwindle to nothing before you know it or it wouldnt of ever become to what it is today. Procreation was the primary point when Adam & Eve were dropped off here.
I hear over and over that things happen for a reason. It is one of the most relied upon phrases of the faithfull. So maybe there is a reason for the seemingly increasing numbers of gays (I don't think the numbers have really increased, I think there has always been a significant part of the population that is gay but, out of necessity, they have been worried about being tied to a fence and stoned to death by "good people"). What if God thinks that there are just too many people on the Earth and He knows we are killing it slowly. And gays are part of the answer. Hey, gays are actually saving our necks and may be heaven sent. It makes as much sense as some of the other drivel that I've heard.

"...let us not ignore the truth among ourselves, that we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down."
"When fascism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and holding a cross." Sinclair Lewis
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.
post #185 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Gold Sponsor

"Your comments are worthy of respect. The thing that really matters is how we treat each other, not whether we believe, or attend services, etc. If there indeed was a God don't folks think that he/she/it would be wise enough to judge people on their actions regardless of their acceptance of Him. Bible threats to those who don't believe just reeks of something that a human would insert into the Bible. That's why I'm not religious BUT I follow the ten commandments - it just makes sense"

I could not agree more Area 51, very well said man I love the part about reeks of Human. If there is a god he/she/it will know whether is am doing the right things or not and that si all that matters. Christians have slaughtered millions over the years in the name of christ but thou shall not kill right? I follow my path and know my god is my god not anybody elses. the bible says to spread the word of god not force the will of god down peoples throats. i also believe that faith has to be wanted in the heart and not pushed or it will not work. attraction not promotion kind of thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #186 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFBO
LINKS PLEASE? Or are you just another repeater of things you've heard over the yrs and have nothing to back up your remarks?
A simple "links, please?" would suffice.

This is just an internet forum - it's not my college thesis on "The Role of the Bible in Shaping Culture". So I don't have a link at this moment. I heard the author speak for one hour on the radio though, so I'm confident about what I said.

You know, I've noticed that some people use the "links please" thing to cloud an arguement that they don't want to hear. Is that what's going on?

post #187 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Is Standing Behind You

[QUOTE=3stripes]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMan

though sometimes people ignorances sadden and scares me, I don't think a back hand will help them think different otherwised. I hope your post was in jest.

Tai
Hey Tai,

Yeah my post was in jest, after i posted it first time i realised i had to change it a bit as it came across diff to the way it sounded in my head.

Yeah i believe in God etc. but also tollarence is a key issue in life, we are all diff, for many reason, and if some-one doesn't agree with a issue that's fine but the hatred shown in this thread is disgusting & (ungodly).

My comment's to DADRC51 were to put the shoe on his other foot and using the BACK hand of Righteousness comment was a shot at how he views his beliefs.

Besides he doesn't have to respect them or anyone, but at the same time self respect and courtesy should be displayed and as long as some-one is not in your face pushing it on you, then it should not be a issue.

E.G. Bloody Mormans that come round every Sunday, or Gay's ( but they don't try and convert you!!) LOL

So Does any one Still ride these days or What??????

The Best Thing About Pain,
It Lets You Know You're Still Alive!!

"To those who judge me, have mercy upon my soul,
for i have walked a sinful path, in my quest for clarity"

Aussie Rider with 05 SP2. Dassualt, PCIII,
Smoked d/bubble, Corbin, Flapper, Smoked h/light Covers.
Devil eye conversion. Yoshi RS3, Flush mounts, Magical Racing C/F Hugger.

post #188 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area 51
I heard the author speak for one hour on the radio though, so I'm confident about what I said.

You know, I've noticed that some people use the "links please" thing to cloud an arguement that they don't want to hear. Is that what's going on?
Im not about to go sifting through several pages to see if it was you who said it but I know that your type of rationale usually bring it up..........and that is questioning the integrity of the bible itself.
Some will say well how do you know the guy/men who wrote it didnt get something wrong, change or forget something, blah blah blah, etc....
So NOW you want me to take YOUR word on what you may or may not of heard on some radio program? LOL! Yea ok.

You know, I've noticed that some people make stuff up and/or distort the truth to cloud an argument/debate cuz they dont like reading or hearing whats being articulated. Hence the reason why MANY people ask for links.....to basically to dispel fact from fiction.

Some of you guys are AMAZING!!!
I especially like this whole concept of mixing and matching only certain parts of religion to what you like or think makes sense and fit it into your own life. Kind of a new age idea......will you guys be coming up with your own church any time soon?

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #189 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Gold Sponsor

i will be frank, everybody else does. I have been to at least 40 churches in my life ALL supposedly reading out the same bible yet there are slight versions and or ideas from every one. the protestants and catholics can't get along LOL even though they read the same bible right?

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #190 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn
i will be frank, everybody else does. I have been to at least 40 churches in my life ALL supposedly reading out the same bible yet there are slight versions and or ideas from every one. the protestants and catholics can't get along LOL even though they read the same bible right?
I agree and thats in large part the problem with getting people to believe. Its also the reason why Im not into any organized form of religion.....faith should be a relationship with God more than anything. However, as normal human beings we tend to be lazy people so church is needed in order to 'keep up' with the word of God......finding the right church isnt an easy task, however, it should be a priority in each of our lives, especially if one has children.....IMHO ofcourse.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #191 of 191 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 02:47 AM
Reverse Bodylift of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
It's called "Power of Attorney"...

Are we ever gonna talk about motorcycles again..??? Ok.....fine......how about gay motorcycles.........???

iF YOU INSIST....back out of this message board...scroll up a bit, and click on the Ducati superbike

Mark

"Ritalin... So much easier than parenting!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode