rc51 with nitrous - Page 4 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

thats all i was looking for was some constructive criticism. i know what the risk and pros and cons are but im not all that concerned. yes a 500cc piston to the balls would not feel very good but im hoping that wont be the case. im gonna give it a shot in slow increments and no i wont be doing a video. ill just open her up in third on the dyno and let her rip. even if you dont like it ill let you guys know how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:14 PM

i think we all should get together smoke a blunt and drink some beer and just be friends and talk about having one of the coolest bike ever made........rc51 rocks
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
RC51-less Member

Well, for what it's worth:

Regardless of my opinion of Nitrous on the RC51, on a GSXR, or on a Hyundai Accent.....

I sent a PM to Gixxer601 and apologized for my attack on him yesterday, and I'm here to do it publically as well. I had a bad day and he got the brunt of it....

Sorry dude..... I was an asshole.....

Good luck with your project.

Dave

Oh.....It's on, Biotch.............

post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:56 PM
SIR

I also share Dave's apology.
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
Well, for what it's worth:

Regardless of my opinion of Nitrous on the RC51, on a GSXR, or on a Hyundai Accent.....

I sent a PM to Gixxer601 and apologized for my attack on him yesterday, and I'm here to do it publically as well. I had a bad day and he got the brunt of it....

Sorry dude..... I was an asshole.....

Good luck with your project.

Dave
wow,dave,i didnt expect that,huh!takes a real man to admit when thier wrong about something,props dude!
on the nos subject,i was amazed at how many narrow minded people chimed in on this subject,man this guy was lookin for advice and just got slammed! ive got a complete nos system given to me off of a gsxr 750(2001 model)im guessin its what's called a dry system,never used one so i dont know much about it,its of the smaller size,maybe 25hp-40hp,some where in that range,ive thought about trying it just for fun,it worked really well on the gixer,im sure it would work without major engine damage if used with care.like robert said though id like to see the system installed on an rc51 with dyno runs to back it up.im in no hurry to install something that i have very limited experience with so who evers gonna belly up to the task,get busy,curious minds want to know!
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 01:27 AM

I like to see people make anything faster. All else fails put that NOS on a scooter.
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 PM

Damn......

I was thinking about changing Dave's name to SP2Rigor!!!!

Gixxer601, I will also apologize for coming off as an asshole. If you are going to do it, do it right. And I want to see the dyno charts...if you could supply them.

Be safe and dont blow her up........please.
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 02:28 AM

yo gixxer if u get it to work good ill buy the beer and let the good times roll
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

does anyone know where i can purchase upgraded internals for the rc? i know i can get wiseco pistons but what other suppliers make upgrade parts for the bike?
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer601
does anyone know where i can purchase upgraded internals for the rc? i know i can get wiseco pistons but what other suppliers make upgrade parts for the bike?

Going to have to do some research there bud. Find out the deminsions of the stock pistons, rods, crank valves and cumbustion chambers. Then try and match up the parts through the performance manufacturers parts lists. For instance, the piston i believe is around 4 inches wide which is close to many of the domestic off the shelf performance pistons. You will just want to match up the skirts for desired outcome, select the correct wrist pin height, etc. etc.
There are many companies out there to choose from. JE makes a lot of stuff for the busa so you might have some luck with them. But if you want top quality look into CP for pistons, pauter for the rods. Arias makes some good stuff, but it may be a custom order affair with them.

***The best thing i ever did before trying to put together a performance engine was to go to every performance manufacturer's site and research their gear, and what options the provided through off the shelf parts to speacial order. Sometimes one company will say what you want will be a specail order through them where others may already make what you are looking for. After gathering all that knowledge(did a lot of book marking) i googled to find the general concensus people had about each company and their parts. Some companies are more focused in different areas of performance engineering which can either help or hurt you depending on what their expertice is and your wants, needs, and goals are.

For my money i don't think i could get a better piston than the ones CP puts out. I wish i could help you in regards to valve trians, rods, and bottom ends; but i've had a hit and miss experience with different manufacturers in those areas. Keep in mind you will do well to concentrate on performance that will let the engine breath more air. Buy an old piston and a head to see where the cumbustion chamber can be reworked to provide a more through(efficient) burn, and how to evacuate the gases in a more efficient manner. Remember, its not about slamming bigger slugs in the holes. Most of the time you can get much more bang for the buck if you consider the full cycle of the cumbustion and how to make it more efficient.
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 02:03 AM

I had good luck with carrillo rods and Falicon for the crank work. Best looking piece of metal I ever saw was a reworked GSXR crank done at Falicon!
post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 03:32 AM

Nos

REVIVING THE FREAKING DEAD HERE!! Did this guy ever finish his NOS setup?...funny, I had the same idea...started with numerous internal mods, ceramic coating pistons, valves, chambers...anti friction coatings, billet cams, forged pistons, carillo rods...now I think I'm too old and tired to need the extra 25-40 rwhp....LOL...guess there's lots of us idiots running around!
Attached Images

post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 02:13 PM

That is a nice looking set-up, but I'll bet removing the bottle to refill it would be a pain. I have never head of anybody using nitrous on an RC-51, but I'm sure it has been done.

Eric
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 11:41 PM

Let's not forget that when sold, you could pay $10,000 to upgrade the bike to be competitive on the world tour. Everything installed by Honda.
They pretty much used the stock gear box, with a different crank shaft only.

Here is a cut a paste from an article in the papers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The RC51 is the bike which won the 2002 World Superbike Championship in the hands of Colin Edwards. Superbikes are based on roadbikes, and can be modified according to a strict set of rules. Honda actually sells all the bits to take a standard RC51 to superbikes specs, though we suspect they keep a few horsepower up their sleeve for the likes of Edwards' factory machine.
Just for the record, the array of HRC-designed racing engine components available from a Honda showroom includes crankshaft, cylinder heads, valve train, camshafts, drive gears, pistons, connecting rods, clutch, generator, radiators, exhaust system, ECU and much more. If you are deemed to be the right class of racer, you can also buy a production version of the race bike, which sold for US$107,000 in 2002.
Estimates of the horsepower output of Edwards' 2002 title winning machine vary from 180 bhp to nearly 200 bhp, and the race versions over-the-counter are believed to be in the 175bhp area - enough to push the bike past 200mph.
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 06:55 PM

Refilling nos bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
That is a nice looking set-up, but I'll bet removing the bottle to refill it would be a pain. I have never head of anybody using nitrous on an RC-51, but I'm sure it has been done.

Eric
I didn't finish this setup but I had a lexan clear panel cut that would unbolt from the bottom and the bottle would have slid out the bottom....

Here's a pic of another NOS RC setup that would be easier to maintain..mine was just to look trick with led's off the brake light reflecting off the gold foil.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode