Speedzilla Forums banner

anyone ever use Cheeta-fairings or plastics?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  WIM-RC51 
#1 ·
Its 500 for the whole set. Just comes primered and ready to paint.

#2 ·
I've got a set for my GixxerThou. They are a good set. I did spend some extra time on the prep work with alot of sanding and primering to get the finish very smooth, almost perfect.

The fit to the bike was very good. All the pieces fit together well and aligned up nicely. I had to fabricate (got that word from watching American Chopper) two brackets to mount the lower to the frame near the footpegs, but other than that it was smooth sailing. And yes I did crash with those fairings on the bike. Although it was a rather mild low-side, they came out with just a few cracks that were easy to fix and re-paint.

I got my set on eBay for just shy of $400 shipped, then spent about another $150 getting them painted the way I wanted.

#3 ·
Cheepa Crapola ...

THEY SUCK !!!! I got a set on ebay from the guy in san diego (the distibutor)
THEY SUCKED ALSO !! guy was an ass about helping me out with the CRAP he sold me ... the fit and finish was horrid ,went with sharkskins ! and tossed the CHEETAHS back on ebay ...
DONT DO IT ....:banghead ..there rc51 stuff is not good ...:(

#4 ·
SNOTLOCKER said:
THEY SUCK !!!! I got a set on ebay from the guy in san diego (the distibutor)
THEY SUCKED ALSO !! guy was an ass about helping me out with the CRAP he sold me ... the fit and finish was horrid ,went with sharkskins ! and tossed the CHEETAHS back on ebay ...
DONT DO IT ....:banghead ..there rc51 stuff is not good ...:(
what he said they are junk trash poor fit and finish. :(

#6 ·
njracer said:
I would have suggested AK's but they closed down shop....for the $$, the stuff from Godfather kicks ass. I think a full set, including the front fender is only like $400 new.

njracer
AK CLOSED SHOP ?!?! :wtf They had the best fitting and best made as far as I was concerned.

I do agree, the Cheetah stuff is crap. Whatever happened to the C/F bodywork someone was working on ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.