Never heard THAT before... - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Never heard THAT before...

It was warm here the last 2 days, so I rode the RC51 yesterday, and the Repsol today. I was topping off the RRs tank and saw a guy at the gas station who asked me if I was riding yesterday but on a different bike. I said, yeah, and he said that he was sitting next to me at a traffic light and while I was sitting there, he thought that something was wrong with his truck. He said that he thought that he had a rod knocking in his engine, and when the light went green and I pulled away, he realized that it was my bike and not his truck! The only thing I can guess is that those Microns were vibrating something on his truck to make him think that there was something wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Anger managment patient

Maybe he doesn't know squat? Maybe he thought the whinning cams were a bearing going up? Maybe his brain was slamming into his skull and he thought he heard a rod knocking.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 02:06 AM

Blaahhhahahhahah

He heard the pulses of your RC. He looked at your bike in ignorance, mistaked for an I-4 bike and thought, "no way a bike like that, sounds like that". I have gotten that a couple of times.....Merry CHRIST-mas.........

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 04:52 AM

When I stop for gas, its only a matter of time before some tells me I have a headlight out.

I've also had many compliments on the sound (with Sato Banzais) of my bike; even from a few Harley fags.

Nothing like the ole RC. Thank goodness.

CRA/CCS #666

"Everything I have, I'd give it all up right now...........for just a little bit MORE!!"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Jenias Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner
When I stop for gas, its only a matter of time before some tells me I have a headlight out.

I've also had many compliments on the sound (with Sato Banzais) of my bike; even from a few Harley fags.

Nothing like the ole RC. Thank goodness.
Kind of funny cause thats the two first things that happened to me. The guy that owns the garage where my bike lives looked at me the first time I turned it on for him and he says "aahhh you got a headlight out." Then I showed him the highbeam switch Hes a harley builder/rider and was also impressed with the nice sound coming from those sato banzais

James
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 06:59 PM

i have the cam gear mod done on my 51, pulled up to a red light and the guy hangs out the window and says " sounds like your due for an engine rebuild" I said "no thats how its soposed to sound". He looked very confused. Also everyone i work with are harley guys, and they are so quick to point out that i have a head light out. Oh well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode