Xbox 360 (Humor) - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Xbox 360 (Humor)

Please don't think that I'm trying to make a killing on the 360. This is mostly for humor, especially for those of you who are tired of Microsoft's silly antics.

[**warning ebay link**]

Please don't flame me on this one. If you want the Xbox my reserve is real low. I'm just trying to get back what I bought it for.

Shaun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Anger managment patient

Really this is gettin out of hand with spamming . Guys keep this stuff in the classifieds section. We are way to busy watching weird dance videos.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 AM

If you were really sick of it, you'd donate it to a worthy charity, or at least set your reserve below what you paid for it.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:11 AM

On second thought... Just return the ****ing thing! There are a thousand people in your home town who are desparately looking for one and you're "just trying to get back what I bought it for". There's an easy solution for you. Drive back to Wal-mart, take the receipt and the unopened 360 to the customer service desk, and get a full refund or your purchase price. Jesus.... It's not that God Damned hard....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Great solution but your missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark460
On second thought... Just return the ****ing thing! There are a thousand people in your home town who are desparately looking for one and you're "just trying to get back what I bought it for". There's an easy solution for you. Drive back to Wal-mart, take the receipt and the unopened 360 to the customer service desk, and get a full refund or your purchase price. *****.... It's not that *********....
My point (and perhaps my sense of humor is distorted) is that millions of people, corporations, and businesses buy M$ products. IMHO most of their offerings are mediocre at best, yet people are caught in a meaningless vortex (like the SP2 radiator fans) of influence to buy their products. It wouldn't be any fun if I returned the product to Wal*Mart for a refund. I would rather sell it on bay for a fair price (unlike most of the 360 auctions) and enjoy some promotion of an awesome FREE product.

Other free products worth your time to check out...
FireFox
Thunderbird (pop3 mail client)
OpenOffice 2.X (Productivity suite)
gmail (web based email)
7zip (compression utility like WinZip)
Gaim (various IM clients combined)
Filezilla (FTP)

EvilTwin-05: Your right, I *should* have posted this in classified. My apologies.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Clone

BUY A MAC. **** M$ and the shiteating horse they have for a CEO and COO.

Go Apple woohoo!!!!!

Check out os X it rocks.

Intel coming to Mac's Jan '06

Bye Bye Vista!

Champions Honda Kawasaki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 02:47 AM

Yeah but what about playing windows games on Mac? No luck with Linux for me I can't get wine to work properly. I just remember hearing about the new version of windows which is Longhorn. It sounded like they were basically removing all the good parts and adding more crap.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbryan
Yeah but what about playing windows games on Mac? No luck with Linux for me I can't get wine to work properly. I just remember hearing about the new version of windows which is Longhorn. It sounded like they were basically removing all the good parts and adding more crap.
You got me here rcbryan. I sure do love my PC games (Battlefield 2, Counter Strike source, and of course WoW). Wine is OK but trying to get any game to work in a unix/linux enviroment can be a challange. Apple has alot of financial backing thanks to the ipod so there hardware is only getting better. Once they move to x86 processors you count on ports for the mac.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 09:05 AM

The only problem I see with mac is that you have to use their hardware, you can't build your own machine and just install os X on it. Or so I have been told. If all the programs would run on it that probably would be great, however I have never used a mac therefore I don't know if I would like it. I have used Linux and that I do like (I am still dual booting my pc) however with Linux I assume all the open source software could be scary to game programmers I might make it easier to duplicate their games. However I really don't know I have had very little programming experience with windows none with Linux, I still do not know how to do everything in Linux as far as setting things up. It would be nice to have an operating system that is less corporate but the second we find one then we are doomed to turn that into another Microsoft, the only solution I can see is all games being developed for multiple OS's then there will be a competition and Microsoft would have to build something that is worth something.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Clone

Well the cool thing about OS X is it built all on open source technology. It uses the darwin kernel which has been arounf for ages. You still have the oppurtunity to dual "boot" with Virtual PC and you can run windows games and what not. But what's really cool is that now the x86 Mac's are coming out you can technically tri-boot all in VM ware and never really have to boot windows or linux and run them at 95% of full speed. Thats going to be cool. As for apple's hardware, you'll be hard pressed to ever find a more complete system in terms of performance and quality for the price. Let's put it this way
, my Dad was just looking at new computers and I told him to check out a mac. He said no way to expensive. I showed him the new dual core models:

Dual-core 2.3GHz PowerPC G5 processor
1.15GHz frontside bus per processor
1MB L2 cache per core
512MB of 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-4200)
250GB Serial ATA hard drive
16x SuperDrive (double-layer)
Three open PCI-Express expansion slots
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 with 256MB GDDR SDRAM

for $2199.

The "comprable Dell"

Dell XPS 600 Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.8GHz, 800FSB)
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Professional
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2 DIMMs
Keyboard Dell Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Monitors Video Ready w/o Monitor
Video Cards 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX
Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Floppy Drive and Media Reader No Floppy Drive Included
Mouse Mouse included in Dell Wireless Package
Modem No Modem Requested
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Sound Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D), w/Dolby® Digital 5.1
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) Microsoft Office Professional- Small Business Ed. plus Access database
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) McAfee SecurityCenter with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 36-months
Hardware Warranty 2Yr Ltd Warranty, 2Yr At-Home Service, and 2Yr HW Warranty Support
Premier Warranty Support Dimension XPS, Specialized Support
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Enhanced Software for CD or DVD Burner Combo: Sonic DigitalMedia and MyDVD Plus (DVD+RW only)
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service and Support
Financial Software (Preinstalled) QuickBooks Pro - The #1 choice for fast & easy accounting
Separate Photo & Music Software Musicmatch Plus by Yahoo!Music- More features with 90 days of On Demand
Separate Photo & Music Software Corel Photo Album 6 Premium - Starter plus Back up, Share, Create, and more
Separate Photo & Music Software Corel Paint Shop™ Pro® X - Enhance and restore photos and more
Dell Digital Entertainment Premium Entertainment Pack -Deluxe PLUS advanced photo editing
TOTAL:$3,252.00

See and you still have to run windows sucks huh.

Champions Honda Kawasaki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I have used Linux and that I do like (I am still dual booting my pc) however with Linux I assume all the open source software could be scary to game programmers I might make it easier to duplicate their games.
Naw. Linux may be open source, but the software that runs under the Linux OS does not have to be. The various id games (the Quake and Doom line of games) are all closed source and run under Linux. I believe the Linux Quake III Arena port was available before the Mac version. I don't even know if DOOM III is available for the Mac, but I believe it was almost immediately available for Linux. The big problem with Linux and games is the overhead required to make the port. Given the relatively small market share that Linux has, it just might not be worth the port. Especially since most games developed for the PC take advantage of DirectX, which is a MS only thing. It takes more work to also port the game to OpenGL, which can be used for MS, Mac, Linux/Unix. So, the cost is basically passed on to the user - the user needs to buy the MS OS just to play games. Luckily, I'm not a big gamer, so I was able to lose my MS partition many years ago and get my fix with the few games that are ported to Linux.

- Kurt
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 07:35 PM

In response to Quizzy, I never have doubted for a second that any Mac didn't have a great system, however I could built most of that at half the price (I am not sure about the processor I would have to find something comparable in AMD.) on the system I built myself I could upgrade my processor later on or just about anything on my machine. On the mac well you'll have to tell me if you can buy boards and processors. A big reason for me to build my one is 1. most computers I have bought were rather cheap and 2. the one I built about 2 years ago still is faster than most of the shelf Windows PC's. I guess it all comes down to the fact as with bikes cars or anything do you want something that already has body kits or is souped up or would you rather do it yourself? I'd rather do it myself more rewarding.

In reponse to kurt, I did not know that it would be nice if I could get games like splinter cell and rainbow six on Linux. I know there was something called crossover office wondering if you have had any experience with that and if it will let play windows games on linux. I also have an ATI video card with DVR it is the 9600 all in wonder, if i could ditch MS I am all for it. I have also heard that Linux useage has increased mainly in Europe and Asia.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 08:09 PM
South Texan

damn i cant believe that not a couple weeks ago those things were going for thousands on ebay and in the local paper. now they are going for just a couple bucks over msrp.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 08:36 AM

Quote:
In reponse to kurt, I did not know that it would be nice if I could get games like splinter cell and rainbow six on Linux. I know there was something called crossover office wondering if you have had any experience with that and if it will let play windows games on linux. I also have an ATI video card with DVR it is the 9600 all in wonder, if i could ditch MS I am all for it. I have also heard that Linux useage has increased mainly in Europe and Asia.
I think Crossover Office just uses Wine, and is tuned more for making it easier to get MS Office and other popular "productivity" products working. I have no idea if games run well under it. The best advice I can give when it comes to running Windows software is to run that software under Windows.

I haven't messed with Wine since the late 90's. I seem to remember it worked best when you had Windows installed so you could use the real DLLs. I'm not sure if that is still the case. I never liked it, personally.

Really though, if you want to run Windows software, your best bet is to either dual boot, or run Windows under Linux through some sort of virtual machine (like VMware). The advantage of VMware is you don't have to reboot the computer. Linux/Unix users are accustomed to uptimes that exceed a year (generally only rebooting for hardware or kernel updates), so the idea of rebooting is a bit repulsive making the use of a virtual machine seem nicer.

- Kurt
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I have also heard that Linux useage has increased mainly in Europe and Asia.
It really exploded here in the U.S. for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it has leveled off. I know that the governments of other parts of the world have been switching to Linux. Both for the cost savings and reliability, and because they don't trust Microsoft (go figure). I doubt this will happen in the U.S. because MS probably has the gov in its pocket.

- Kurt
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Anger managment patient

Ms doesn't have the US fed Gov. in thier pocket. However they did notice the requirment for the US fed. Gov. to purchase from specialized contracts that are bid by several integrators. Those integrators are out for the best best price based on best value. That said MS is the cheapest and most available. Its been a war between HP and Dell for years now and which ever OS they sell gets in. Server 03 is now well inplace and the only non MS stuff really is only DB. So Orracle is the big dog in that arena. Sybase and sequel are used but not nearly as prefered.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 06:40 PM

Is this a mototrcycle message board or a computer message board. If I wanted to knoiw about computers I'll ask the pimple faced geek at Bestbuy.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Clone

Everything is relative. By the way the Best Buy kid knows less about computers than the unborn sperm in my nutts.

Champions Honda Kawasaki

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode